There is nothing wrong with this car

There is nothing wrong with this car.

Other urls found in this thread:

1200cctsiengine.wordpress.com/other-cases-of-tsi-engines-defects/
forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3206033-Common-Issues-to-24v-VR6-motors
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

only the filename

Golf 4 is a really nice car.

Yeah I agree there is nothing wrong with golf mk 4.

I too agree. You seem to have Patrician taste brother.

Yea nothing wrong with it.

Agreed

golf 4 > golf 3 > golf 2

golf 3 > golf 4 > golf 2

Any golf older than mk2 is fucking horrendous to look at

ur mum is horrendous to look at.

Golf 3 is beautiful kys

nah m8 u kys

Golf a shit

race me faggiolette

What about this Golf 4?

That is audio a3 thou.

That isnt exactly true the electric systems tend to go to shit but parts are cheap and plentyful enough for it not to be a big issue

Meet me on the Autobohn

This site is 18+, please get off before you get in trouble with your parents
Golf 3 is probably the worst

>eurofag shitbosting

Other than the 1.4i engine, yeah, nothing wrong..

Golf is worse than civic in Europe, there's nothing that's not wrong in this car

1.8t and wery cheap to fix and can DIY everything yourself

And so is a Civic, but even easier

I don't like the way golfs look but I would drive the heck out of a seat. Sadly I'm a burger.

>the busrider says

>A good car is worse than a good car in Europe
I mean, what are you even trying to say? They're both completely fine and basically legendary in the department of being the car of the working man because of their reliability and ease of repair.

The biggest disappointment since the Golf Mk.III and worse than a Ford Focus.

ford focus is terrible how dare you even compare them.

Best gen

The inside might be hideous, but it handles way better

Mk4 handles like a turd wtf Veeky Forums

OP is probably a Romanian because the MK4 Golf is the official national car of Romania.

no ur romanian golf 4 > romania

or bulgarian

golf 4 > bulgarian

Can confirm Mk IV is very popular here, the 1.9 TDI especially.
Always "enjoy" having to close the air vents when I'm stuck behind one and it smells like an old bus.

There's literally not one (1) good reason to buy this over a Civic

You can't prove me wrong

only a great car if you're a stingy and married PhD professor gunning for tenure. if you're a single schmuck it is vagina repellent

>giving money to jap

ha ha ha

I get into "trouble" with your parents all the time.

Cheaper in most places and noticeably better.

This car literally did nothing wrong.

I would use public transport.

He fucked your dad user

The MkII is objectively the most aesthetic golf.
its also a decent platform for a few tasteful mods

Is a mk4 GTI Veeky Forums approved after some suspension and engine mods?

literally NOTHING vw related is Veeky Forums approved because Veeky Forums has an irrational hateboner for vw

1. Some buyers value interior quality and the Golf's interior is nicer than the Civic

2. Golfs are cheaper because you don't pay weeb badge tax

3. VW owners are kinder to their cars than Honda owners, so you are more likely to find Golfs that are in decent shape

4. (subjective) Golfs don't carry the stoner/burnout stigma that old civics do

Modern VW deserves most of the hate it gets
Old VW is GOAT though.

The euro 7 Golf is great though.
It has a lot of the 4's styling which I like.

7 more years user, and you can grab a '99 Cupra. Mexico should be a decent source for them.

2.slow is underpowered but dead reliable (engine-wise at least), VR6 models are nose-heavy as fuck but sound great, 1.8T is pretty great as long as you change the oil and timing belt on time.

Don't forget the mighty Matiz!

There is nothing wrong as well as nothing special about the Golf.
It is just the most normal car.

>golf
>cheap to fix
Yeah, even a mirror replacement for a knockoff vw, a.k.a. seat, costs as much as half a set of tyres.
1.4 vw engines have the worst reliability.
It took them 10 years to catch up to 90s jap engines, they have a shitload of problems and ofc they carry many expensive bosch peripherals that die by the bucket.
You were buying cheap japs in the 90s and the first problem they faced was dead bosch parts, e.g. the air intake sensor which many p11s had
Finally we saw fsi and tfsi engines from "german engineers" and it has been a bloodbath since their first appearence.
Mk1s and mk2s are plenty on the road here.
Mk3s almost disappeared and the rest, along with their smaller siblings(lupo,polo) and cousins (audios) have been in decline.

I wonder how come Veeky Forumstists think vws are good when even in europe they have disappeared from every fucki g list of reliable cars.

>objectively
>aesthetic
no

4. the chad stigma is quite strong though
I agree with all you other points however
the biggest plus of a golf mk4 is how nice the interior is compared to other cars from the same era

Mk4s are still fucking everywhere, as are B5 A4s/Passats, 6N2 Polos and first gen A3s.
Mk3s have pretty much all been shipped off to eastern Europe.

Exept there is. File name you dummy

People are complaining about rx8s.
They haven't owned a vw.
1200cctsiengine.wordpress.com/other-cases-of-tsi-engines-defects/
A friend "pushed" a 1.4 polo on the highway to 140 kmph and the engine led went on.
That led was an indication that 600€ were withdrawn from your bank account.

VW somehow have an impeccable reputation for reliability over here in Easter Europe which is bizarre considering they've had a ton of problems with engine, gearboxes and so on.

The power of having the entire automotive press in your back pocket.

They are awesome
The 1.9 & 1.8 are top tier

4>2>3 desu

I have a Golf 4 TDI

it's fine. gets 45mpg. has 330k miles

this man knows whats up

It's a good car yes.

>doesnt have recirc

The 1.8t seems to have copped a lot of unjustified hate over the years, though it seems like its a well designed reliable engine if you service it properly.

They are better in Europe because theyre not built in Mexico, not Honda-tier reliable but better than in the US.

I am thinking about buying a MK4 GTI, or a MK4 I5.
Which one is better, and easier to mod?
And can you put more PSI into the GTI turbo without breaking anything?

Show me an equivalent Civic with a better interior

Great car.

The GTI's can handle heaps of extra boost, they're a little undertones from stock.

You can get the 1.8T in the GTI to well over 200hp with a couple of simple mods.
Hell, people have taken those blocks up to like 500hp in the past.

Thanks for the info, and what about the inline 5?

Did the mk4 get an inline 5 option? I knew it got the VR5 in Europe, which sounds fucking amazing but has all the problems of the VR6 while not being significantly more economical and making less power.

god dammit everyone told me a golf mk4 would suck and now im stuck with a shitty 6n2

No sorry it was the VR5.
What where the problems with it?

forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3206033-Common-Issues-to-24v-VR6-motors
Here's a useful thread. It's for the VR6, but the VR5 is literally a VR6 with a cylinder chopped off.

Nope the mk4 only has the V(R)5.
The 10valve single overhead cam was called VR5
The 20valve dual overhea dcam was called V5, only way to tell them apart visually is the red 5 of the badging on the car, and the lacking of visible spark plug cables.
It does sound amazing, and the later V5 has much fewer problems than the original VR5 did.

t. mk4 v5 owner.

There was a 2.8 VR6 Mk4 Golf mate

I know, but he specifically mentioned an inline5, which the mk4 never got :)

Other than the fact it's a German peice of shit that will break if you look at it the wrong way. No thanks, I prefer small, honest, affordable, reliable Japanese engineered cars like my Yaris hatchback.

Polo is pretty nice too.

What is R32?

3.2ltr VR6?

What about this Skoda Octavia?

As much as i loved it when i got it as my first car, then hated it because it was gray and i always wanted a swift as a first car, im actually starting to like it again now that its in progress of painting. Its nice stable on the highway and not as jerky and bumpy with accelerating and shifting as the swift.

jesus christ, this car is horrendous

its not done yet

>posts toppest trim interior

Still better than top trim Civic

>Skoda Octavia?

I like it.