New SUV recommendations

So my mother just paid off her 2012 MDX and she's ready to get a new vehicle...

...not because she really wants the shiniest newest thing, but because Acura's bluetooth has the shittiest implementation on the planet. It fails to connect and has audio quality issues all the time. Wiped the phone, got a new phone, tried turning wifi off on the phone when in the car, checked every TSB, responsible car module replaced numerous times. No dice.

My mother wants to go for something similar to an MDX, although it can be an uptrimmed model from the "standard" brand instead. Won't consider a Lincoln as the nearest dealer is over 20 miles away. Comfort is going to be key. And the bluetooth has to not suck.

Any recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

reviewmeta.com/amazon/B0168GBMCY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Just paid off car
>immediately wants to get into another car payment
Just kill her. Then she wont have to deal with shitty Bluetooth

Get her a nice bluetooth headset and tell her to stop being so fucking stupid with her money.

>buying an entirely new car just because of the Bluetooth
Firstly your mum is a dumb whore for driving an SUV, and secondly she is a dumb whore for needlessly wasting money over such a tiny problem

I hate people like you, and your mother

>just pays off a car
>wants to buy another one because of the fucking bluetooth
I swear people like you and your mother don't deserve to exist

Just get this for $15

OP here.

Family makes a lot of money, in excess of $400K+ household income for my parents alone. But they're very practical with money and they do a lot of their own work (gardening, home improvements, etc.).

She kept her last car for 11 years, only switching once the car had high mileage and certain known issues in the model were upcoming (certain major work was known to be common around the mileage she was getting too).

Luxury cars follow a bit slower depreciation cycle after the warranty expires because they're luxury, then a steeper decline afterwards.

The way that AcuraLink is embedded into the existing car makes it impossible to replace the radio due to telamatics.

And don't get me started on shit like Besides Aukey being a joke of a brand that has been known to fake certification marks on their products, the bluetooth line in models suck because there are no steering wheel controls, the bluetooth radios are often not firmware updateable to fix compatibility issues, and interruption of regular audio for phone calls does not occur

She's not looking to get a new car because she just finished paying it off but because it's had a problem that will not go away and Honda/Acura says there will be no fix for in something that she uses a ton in the car. She'd rather keep the car. But with a key functionality for her not working and the only relief in site a class action lawsuit that will get her a couple bucks in ten years, she's done with the car.

>guise it's okay because my family makes money
That very same receiver works fine in my Porsche. Stop being a whiny bitch

>buying a new SUV because of fucking bluetooth
>says his family is frugal
KYS

Read the reviews. Everything Aukey makes is cheap shit. They all die eventually, usually in less than a year.
>At some point this summer it just stopped working (about six months after purchase)
>The receiver itself stopped working only 4 and a half months later
>Terrible product. Lasted a month and power cord went bad and blew the fuse in my car
>Terrible sound quality even after buying the noise eliminator part
>Design is great.. but there is a. Annoying interference buzzing while using it so I can't stand it. Too bad I can not longer return it ={
>Terrible customer service. Purchase but didnt use the 12v since already had usb ports in car. Brought it 12/15. 2 weeks ago needed the 12v car adapter for another car did not work. Since still under 2 year warranty Contacted customer service still no response after 1 week. Last time I am buying Aukey.
>Product is good but there is a loud hissing sound when phone gets connected to the receiver
>After 8 months my Bluetooth started disconnecting randomly. mine is defective. Can I get a refund Or replacement?
>Used it for 6 months and started to get spotty bluetooth connections. Wish it lasted longer. Worked great until just recently

It's a cheaply made product with a cheaply made power adapter, a cheaply made 3.5mm cord, and a cheaply made DAC that results in shit audio quality when you are using it and then eventually it just fails completely.

We've installed aftermarket radios in cars before but here that is not an option due to the design of the vehicle.

Not realizing you can use your current car as money when buying a new car.
What is a trade in

stupid fuck

I like the Subaru Forester XT. One of the best power to weight ratios, one of the best awd systems, and best in class driver visibility.

Since your family is wealthy, also consider the Range Rover Sport.

>4.2 stars on Amazon
Somehow still cheaply made because of a handful of a few bad units
Just kys

A 5 year old MDX is hardly worth much these days

So use AUX like a normal human being. Or get a fucking Hyundai, they always have the latest tech for head units since that's so important for you

Between the reliability and the "image" you try to convey by buying a Range Rover my parents wouldn't go for it.

My father isn't a huge Subaru fan but liked the Impreza when I test drove it, so I think they'd consider the Forester. And the interior actually looks pretty nice.

Thanks for the suggestions.

reviewmeta.com/amazon/B0168GBMCY
>FAIL: 21 Reviews have been deleted
>Fail: 20% have only posted one review (Suspicious reviewers)
>Fail: 15% have previously deleted reviews
>FAIL: 30% of reviewers have substantial overlapping review history

If you read the actual reviews the quality of them are also shit and then they're reviewing a ton of shit at five stars with one sentence reviews.

You have been suckered in by a brand that PAYS people to positively review their products without using them.

>it's not perfect therefore they're shit and evil
kys

exactly but its still worth something. Cars depreciate no point in holding on to it to the point its worth nothing.

>Range Rover Sport
Second this. When everything simultaneously stops working on those turds then OP will know what a real shit product is

Wow that is some millenial tier retardation. Waaaah, muh bluetooth doesn't work, waaah I need a new car.

Just kill her, seriously. Fucking dumb ass throw away generation of people.

We're talking like Civic tier prices for a 5 year old luxury SUV, it makes more sense to keep it at this point

make sure to look for the forester xt. normal forester has no power.

kbb says 15k for an acura mdx with 100,000 miles. I doubt its 100k either

>KBB

CARFAX says the car is worth $22K with current mileage and the trim/features for sale to dealer, more for private party.

Idk why you even bothered posting on Veeky Forums op. It's just angry teenage poorfags. That said, get a new/year or 2 previous 5 series, or x5. Or a GMC Acadia. My mom has one it's pretty decent.

prob varies by region.

>tell OP his mom's making a bad financial decision because of a silly reason
>p-poorfags!
I work at a financial adviser's firm and often meet people making way more than me who are living in the red because of dumb emotional decisions

>Luxury vehicles follow a bit slower depreciation cycle
I cannot begin to tell you how wrong this statement is

What do you expect from a guy looking to buy a new luxury SUV because the bluetooth on the on they just paid off isn't working that well?

I'm not looking for a new car dingus. My mother is. Can you even read?

Still doesn't change the fact that you're both retards

Pre-FCA Dodge Durango is the only choice.

I love waking up and reading a thread made by a clueless OP

BMW x5 or x3
iDrive is great and overall solid cars. I'd wait until next year new generation of x5 if I was in your mom's position.

reply to this, retard.

Protip: the blinkers dont work

Luxury cars depreciate faster than non-Luxury cars in years 1-3. You'll lose ~30-45% of the value typically, whereas losing 30% would be more common for a standard car. It depends on the brand (Toyota/Lexus tends to take less of a hit) and the car (if you get an S Class that loses value like crazy, people buying $100K cars buy new ones).

Then you get a little bit less hit in years 4-6, before then dropping again (more complicated shit in luxury cars typically, plus the oxymoron of driving an older luxury car and the image of that).

That's shit financially. If youre going to trade it in immediately and finance something else you might as well lease like a faggot.

Mercurysedes Benziner

Get a Rangie Velar.

I love dumbass people like you, buy new shit constantly and waste literall hours of Hard work on meaningless shit so I can buy good cars second had.

OP you and your mom should kill yourself. People like you are exactly why car buying and cars in general are shit now.

Get her a fucking loaded Tahoe

Your mum should get Golf 4. SuperB vehicle for your daily patrician needs.

YOU ARE NOT PRACTICAL FOR THIS YOU CUNT

Your mom wants to buy a new fucking car because the damn blutooth doesnt work? Why don't you tell that cunt to NOT use her fucking phone while she's driving and focus on the road instead? I'm sick of dumbass women like her driving like shit and causing accidents because they can't put the phone down for five fucking minutes

OP`s mum here. Son it is enough. Stop lying on internet. You know well the reason I am trying to get a new car. Just because I didn`t give you a chicken tendie you took a shit on back seat.

OP here. Didn't realize that people were going to get so jelly when I posted.

Lease is strict on mileage and damage, plus family usually keeps cars for 8-12 years after buying them new. It's just that we didn't predict the bluetooth being total shit in compatibility when we got the car (it worked fine with the phone she had at the time).

Range Rovers are retarded in reliability and my parents don't buy them for that reason.

Extended family buys tons of M-Bs and they are total fucking money pits.

Like you're buying a new car anyways.

Don't need an older vehicle with the requisite maintenance needs.

It is when the vehicle doesn't work.

She wants to use hands free so she isn't holding the phone to her ear or having a bluetooth directly in one or both ears so she can't hear the road and environmental conditions.

lel

>people are jealous because they're calling you a retard

f pace

She shouldn't be using the phone period, hands free or not. Your mom is probably one of those cunts that comes to a dead stop because she almost missed a turn or jumps in and out of lanes because she can't get off the fucking phone. You should both KYS

Or just have a nav/stereo installed with touchscreen that fucking works.

Enjoy your car payments doe.

Just your mom a goddamn Lexus.

Lexus is for poor people she doesn't want one

>suv
Just get the dumb bitch a sedan

suv's are a ultimate meme

hi op

Why do any of you even give a fuck? You going to focus on saving money driving some cheap piece of shit so you can spend your money on some other inane pleasure? What if driving expensive, new cars is what someone wants to spend their fungible money on? You aren't special because you choose to drive a civic and spend money on tribute figurines instead, faggots.

Literally "STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE", the thread.

here's your (((you)))

and if you don't think it's retarded to want to buy a whole new car over fucking bluetooth you are part of the problem

Get an escalade, they are stepping up their game recently and its the perfect car to scream "im not a poorfag" just make sure to get rid of it before it becomes a nigger car

>itt people getting mad at other people spending their own money.

When I sold cars I had more then one person buy a new (actually new) vehicle because their old financed vehicle needed new tires and they didn't feel like buying new ones. Was it stupid as fuck? Yeah. But these people made enough money that they could do it and not give a shit. Why get so angry about it?

She should get a Mercedes.

>literally mad because someone else is spending their own money

I mean, I could understand people saying it was stupid if the car was 5 months old and they were trading it in because of the bluetooth while they still owed money on it. But after it's 5 years old and paid off?

Why do all you autists care how OPs mom spends her own money, it's people like her that give us poor cunts a chance to buy low mileage second hand cars in the first place

OP I recommend the X3 if your mom doesn't have to carry passengers all the time

changing cars because of bluetooth is stupid no matter what
no reason to get mad though, OP's mom is retarded its her problem

They do, they just flash on a wavelength that poor people can't see ;^)

While I agree, I really wish they'd use a better, honest reason: "I want a new car"

If OP's mom wants a new car, then what said. Get a GL class and call it a night.

"Lexus is for poor people"
>drives an Acura

All these poor fags in here, disgusting.

>wants to grab another new car because of bluetooth
What the fuck am I reading