What is the secret to parallel parking?

What is the secret to parallel parking?
I can't fail this road test again. I don't get it, everyone I talk to says they haven't parallel parked in forever anyway, unless they live in the city why is this even tested.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=TtcYEMTLZRw
youtube.com/watch?v=t3UbEi4YDFA
youtu.be/q3BGkOKVMUU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There's no secret. Anyone who does not understand how parallel parking works shouldn't be allowed to drive a car.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=TtcYEMTLZRw

the secret is spacial awareness

Parallel parking is how you prove you aren't retarded. Retards can't parallel park.

Trips of truth

Get a couple trash cans and practice, I passed my first attempt in a vehicle I've never driven before at a time where I never drove anything but a van. Quit being a shit driver.

Whatever you do don't let someone else run into your car when you are parallel parking because your insurance company will just say its your fault.

You're a moron because you admitted you were backing up. Shit sucks, but that's how it works.

Turning the wheel all the way one way and not all of the way the other way. That being said sometimes you still give people a tap. Nobody really gives a fuck

>sometimes you still give people a tap.
No you don't, only a complete retard does that.

Sometimes complete retards box you the fuck in. Use your brain user.

Unless both leave less than 10cm, you can get out of it without tapping them.
And nobody gives less than 10cm, because they don't want a giant dent in their car because a retard can't drive and just slams into their car while parking/driving away.

You dont live in a major city do you user? I have literally been boxed in before. Lets say they left me less than 4 fingers width. I'm being generous with that as well.

>having a car in a mayor city

Well there's your problem

>Misspelling things when trying to make a point

this.

you have to know the dimensions of your car fairly well. when you see a spot you need to be able to judge at a glance if you will fit in it.

then just pull up to the car in front, spin the wheel clockwise all the way, go back till you're at the curb, then spin all the way the opposite way to even out.

then just make any minor adjustments as needed

>moving the goalposts

Maccers trays

You can understand how it works but not be able to it.

That's called being a retard

Get a car that does the parallel parking for you. Just go through the motions on the wheel

I just nose dive in then give it a shimmy or two to straighten out.

the space has to be massive for that to work

There is no trick, practice makes perfect.
Find a quiet street where you can take your time and practice.

good thing I don't live in shitcago or something then

No Bully

Its pretty simple; assuming LHD
1: Pull up to the left of the car in front so that your vehicles are parallel and your passenger side mirror is aligned with their driver's door handle for small cars and driver's rear door seam for large cars.
2: LOOK OVER YOUR RIGHT SHOULDER WHEN BACKING UP they will fail you if you don't do this
3: Turn the wheel one turn to the right and back up until your passenger side mirror is covers their driver's side tail light.
4: Turn the wheel all the way to the left and back up until you are in line with the curb, you can periodically check your passenger mirror for this part.

Congrats, you're basically done!

>using all these frame of references
no, you just need to know the size of your car and how it behaves when you're backing up

>be midsouth countryfuck town
>no one can parallel park
>uni parking lot gets packed by 8
>do pic related
>bitches mirrin'
>get ticketed for parked facing wrong direction
>go home and sip red bull

>friday night in my uni town
>game night too, so parking is packed as my apartment is three or so blocks from the stadium
>I paid 100$ for a parking spot all year, but of course it's taken and the administration doesn't do shit
>drive around, no spaces anywhere
>I'm like 3 blocks away from my apartment at this point
>find one finally on the other side of the road
>see another car coming up the street, maybe 30 yards away, recognize it as a car that often parks in my lot
>bitch no you dont
>pull into the oncoming lane and quickly whip into the spot, pointing in the wrong direction
>eh good enough
>following Monday, Im walking the 200 yards to where my car is parked
>it's basically the only car on the road at this point
>got a ticket for parking on the wrong side of the road

user y didn't u call a tow truck

youtube.com/watch?v=t3UbEi4YDFA

whether you actually need to parallel park or not, it's a demonstration that you might have the spacial awareness necessary to operate a car

this
if you paid for the spot it's yours and there should be a sign saying the sports are for people who live their
fuck those assholes parking in your spot and get rid of their car

*spots *there

1. Pull up next to the car in front, line your rear wheels with the back of their car.
2. Crank your steering wheel. Keep it cranked as you reverse.
3. Once the side of your car points at the back-left corner of the spot, straighten your car out and reverse into the spot.
4. Once your front wheels clear the car in front of you, crank the wheels the opposite direction to straighten out in the spot.
5. Stop being so bad.

Back-right corner of the spot for 'murica. Use your driver-side side mirrors.

>don't parallel park in literally years
>suddenly have to
>perfect in the first try without hesitation
I'm awesome

90% of the time I align my steering with the vehicle in front of where I'm parking. The rest is a secret.

>posts on an automotive enthusiast forum
>thinks the same as people who want to ban cars
Nice!

I'm just thinking about practicality.
A bike just better in a city.

This is what I was taught in drivers ed. Cept it was bumpers and doors instead mirrors and tail lights. Things were different in your grandpa's day (1986).

>pull up all the way until your back bumper is aligned with front car's back bumper
>make sure you're as close as possible to the front car laterally as well
>turn wheel all the way right
>back up, keeping wheel turned, until your car is halfway in the spot
>straighten wheel as you back up, until the front of your car clears the other car
>once you're clear of other car, turn all the way left and back up as much as you can until straightened out
>if not straightened, keep backing up turned all the way right, then pull forward turning all the way left
>wa la

>get ticketed for parked facing wrong direction
what?

I'm senile. I was refering to

>drive a pickup truck
>20ft long
>power steering doesn't work
I kinda swing in and go up on the sidewalk and cut the wheen as hard as possible to get it sort of straight. It's hit or miss weather I can get the wheel back off the curb or I just leave it

>wa la
Stop forcing this stupid fucking meme, you milky toast cunt.

get next to car you want to park.
rotate the round thing to your right
go back
rotate other way and go little ahead.

It is really easy actually.

That's exactly how i was taught in driving school, maybe he is an instructor

>parked facing wrong direction

This will get you a ticket if your local focals are jews

The apt. administration told me to blow cocks when I complained about it before. I got out of there in a month though, I could tell they were gay as shit. sold my contract to a meth head LUL

But why?
How is that illegal?

this is what I was taught, and it works like 95% of the time.

Probably because you could fool someone into thinking it is a one way street if enough cars were parked the wrong way.

youtu.be/q3BGkOKVMUU

How is this a big deal to some people it's so easy

1) Stop your car a little ahead of the car in front of the parking spot.

2) Slowly reverse until the back of your car is aligned with the back of the car ahead of the spot and stop.

3) steer the wheel all to the right and creep up on the spot while looking at your rear view mirror, you should allign your left pillar(C-column) to the headlights of the car on your back and stop once it's aligned;

4) now undo your steering and slowly reverse, in a straight line while looking to your RIGHT wing mirror, once the right wing mirror is aligned with the back corner of the car in the front of the parking space, stop again;

5) steer all the way to left and reverse into the spot, stop once you cannot see the hood of the car in the back;

6) slowly go forward, while steering all the way to the right to adjust it.

Important notes:

-This is for a hatchback, if you're driving a sedan or pickup truck, you will need to stop earlier at step 1 and compensate for the trunk of your car, this is trial and error, watch some YouTube videos of this;

-DON'T RUSH THIS, ALWAYS STOP once you completed a step to adjust your steering wheel, if you do not stop, you will end up overshooting and screw up.

-I suggest you to practice this before going for the test.

Also:

-DON'T FORGET TO USE YOUR RIGHT BLINKER LIGHT OR HAZARD LIGHTS THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE MANEUVER;

-Don't forget to use your left blinker once you're ready to leave out of the parking spot and check your left wing mirror for oncoming trafic;