Would there be any downside to doing using heel-toe on a hill instead of handbrake?

Would there be any downside to doing using heel-toe on a hill instead of handbrake?

EG

>at red light on a hill
>don't put handbrake on, break with pedal to remain stationary
>give gas
>lift foot off break pedal

instead of

>at red light on hill
>handbrake
>gas
>handbrake down

>having to use handbrake on ANY hill

lol

Wearing the clutch out.

>at any stop ever
>foot on brake
>push clutch in
>put it in gear
>let clutch out
>starts to grab
>off brake
>on gas
>proceed like normal

you're autistic if you do it any other way.

No major downsides, I'd still say the handbrake is a better option though (unless your handbrake is actually pedal-operated like on some older cars and trucks)
Holding it on the brake pedal
>is less secure if you get rear ended, because your foot would jump off the pedal
>causes more wear on the brakes/heats them up which isn't good if you're going into some spirited driving after
>is just more effort in general

I had to learn the handbrake method to pass my test, then unlearn it after I passed (Ireland).

Most normies here don't know it isn't necessary.

Why wouldn't you use it? Not using the hadbrake seems to be an American thing, it's not like using the handbrake is a necessity, it's just easier.

>extra useless steps
>easier

you probably think a semi uses his clutch for every gear too don't ya

Because you can just release the break then ease off the clutch and give gas as it catches? It’s not like you would instantly plummet down The Hill, you would roll back MAYBE an inch or two.

Oh, and heel toe is only for people with relatively short legs and small feet. I physically can’t do it with a size 13.

>extra useless steps
the number of steps is the same only you're using your free hand for them rather than your foot
Why not just use the handbrake though? You'll not roll back whatsoever and it doesn't heat up your real brakes for no reason.

Not really, I'm 6'3 and can do it. It's a bit awkward in my Fiesta as I can't quite get my seat far back enough to really turn my foot but in a slightly bigger car it'd be a piece of piss

Just learn your clutch and forget about the E brake. I can't believe people do this

You ever tried to heel toe from a stop on a hill? Its fucking jerky.
If you do it like a normal heel toe your heel is now the only thing on the gas and you have to slide your foot down awkwardly. If you do it backwards with your heel on the brake you have to sit awkwardly and try to rock your foot off the brake into the gas. This whole idea is retarded. I drive a 6spd 36,000lb truck everyday and can take off an incline without roll more than an inch or two.

Git gud

It's actually the better way to do it in my opinion.

Use one side of your foot for each pedal. So like big toe on brake.
They don't have synchros, so of course they float gears.

Release clutch, feel it hold, push on gas, release clutch fully, while giving more gas. You people are retarded.

Fuck me do you people really have this much trouble? I don't even use my handbrake, just keep my foot on the clutch and brake until it's time to move off. If you're not slow as fuck you'll get your foot on the accelerator before you roll back.,

Fuck me do you people really have this much trouble? I just use my handbrake until it's time to move off. If you're not deficient in the minimal amount of co-ordination and effort it takes to release the brake, select a gear and accelerate you won't ever roll back.,

>he doesn’t have hill assist

Poorfag detected

Doesn't work well on a really steep hill.

Think of it as right side of foot/left side of foot rather than heel/toe. You just have to roll it from brake to gas

>Not using the hadbrake seems to be an American thing
Hahah what? Reported for underage

Maybe 4U. Learn where your clutch grabs.

Get fucked you raging nonce

Go back to shooting up dope, Stinson Hunter, you retarded cunt.

But your trucc does a million torks at idle, you literally just use the clutch

are manual transmissions literally the dark souls of automobiles

Hell no.

more likely to roll using just the foot brake, but i guess it's pretty much the same so whatever.

i have noticed from threads like these that people who learn/teach themselves manual after learning automatic pick up some really pointless and bad habits.

What's so hard about
>at a stop on hill
>clutch in
>right foot on brake
>put it in first
>clutch out right before bite point
>wait until go
>time to go
>foot off brake onto gas
>release clutch at the same time
>minimal roll back
>driving normally
?

>not being able to hold the car completely still on any incline by perfectly balancing the gas and clutch
pathetic. just get an auto

What if i happen to own a small motor euro car that literally stalls if i try to hold it on a hill with the clutch alone and no gas?

>burning your clutch for no actual reason
Disgusting.

I can do the same in my 100hp civic lol

>i try to hold it on a hill with the clutch alone
are you retarded?
stand on the brake and clutch
then lift off clutch and brake and give it gas

t. enginelet

this

do you attempt to speed/slow down/turn in the ways to most minimize wear on your tires too?

Replacing tires is way easier than replacing a clutch.

How does it feel to be 17? I've forgotten.

19 but close. Its bad