Lexus is300

>lexus is300
I really love this car, but I can only find them in auto, and I'd really like a manual car. are the is300 autotragics worth it or should I settle for something else?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qG4IaHgqH00
akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/d/05-lexus-is300-5spd-manual/6345922239.html
akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/d/2002-lexus-is300/6313055038.html
mansfield.craigslist.org/cto/d/2004-lexus-is300-sportdesign/6356367560.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>are the is300 autotragics worth it
Yeah, they are.

/thread

They're not bad. Makes a heckin' daily.

Just hold out and wait for a good manual to show up

>AKA
Never.

You have more chance of finding a clean, unmolested Geo Storm Wagonback than a fucking stick shift IS300.

If you're just looking for a daily, just get the auto.
If you're looking for a long term project car, still consider the auto because you can always swap it later
dont let the rarity of a manual transmission stop you from enjoying the car.

Yes. You should settle with golf 4.
youtube.com/watch?v=qG4IaHgqH00

Then get something else

Why restrict yourself to one car only? Those cars tend to be overpriced anyway

Not OP, and I agree.

I've seen one though.

They come and go, but you can never buy them in time.

Seriously, it's like the CSGO market bots, they don't last a fucking hour.

I've seen a few IS300, but like I said they are overpriced and/or modded to shit. Finding an adult owned, non molested one will be pretty hard and even if you do, odds are a boyracer or dealership will beat you to it unless you have the cash on hand.

Former Lexus tech here, this.

In general the IS300 was purchased by the target demographic of Lexus... For their spoiled rich children who beat the piss out of them. Those who didn't realized the automotive gold brick they were driving and keep them until they've been run into the ground.

While I'd really like one as a daily I would not recommend doing so, more because of the general condition and rarity of good examples rather than issues with the car itself. If you plan to cram a JDM 2JZ in there and track it however go the fuck ahead, they're great to build on.

The issue with the IS300 is twofold, one being the unfortunate issue of its user base either destroying them or never letting them go, and the tragedy that is being equipped with the 2JZ-GE, which puts it at the top end of what it can do without heavy investment if not outright replacing the engine. It has a lot of potential but it is locked behind a motherfucker of a pay wall.

I found several manuals in L.A. or S.F they are all 200k miles and cheap or low miles well maintained by old people but expensive. Im gonna go get one this weekend. Just missed one with 165k miles graphite grey too for $6k just couldnt get to it til weekend

You could settle for a tree fiddy z

I love my auto great daily

it's not hard to convert to manual. there are a lot of writeups and aftermarket supports for the conversion, and not expensive either. a conversion is better because u can throw in a 6spd from a 2jz, whereas the stock manual is only 5spd.

*get a 6spd transmission from a 2jz-gte

>butter smooth I6
>good torque
>rear wheel drive
>lexus reliability
>no infotainment
Is this as good as it sounds

i had a 2001 back in the mid 2000s, it was crazy reliable, decent power, and fairly comfortable. the biggest flaw of that I6 is fuel consumption. i was averaging 17 mpg combined during highway/city commute.

They're alright, but if you are really looking for a something specific, don't settle for less. You'll just be living with a compromise that you don't really care about.

>buy cheap auto is300 with good body and interior in color you like
>buy manual is300 ecu from ebay
>buy 1jz with r154 attached
>buy parts to convert the rest to auto
>send manual ecu and current auto ecu to guy in Chicago to transfer crap between two
>drop 1jz in, direct fit
>have 300whp manual

>buy mk3 supra lsd
>swap in

The V160 box costs as much as the car

I remember liking these cars when they first came out. Didn't know they've become desirable. What makes them so great? Are they fun, or just comfy/reliable?

>really want a manual Lexus is300 as it really seems like the only car that is like my old Mercedes but isn't a 30 year old shitbox
>none exist in my country but a handful of is200s do
>even if they did they'd be autotragic only
FUCK THIS GAY EARTH

Anyway is200s exist and come with a manual. Should I just settle with one or just keep driving my old Mercedes until a manual is300 finally shows up?

Wait for an is300, is200 is no fun.

>mfw settled for gs300
still love it to pieces.

IS200 will suck if what you care about most is being fast in a straight line.
But the IS200 has better weight distribution and handles much better than an IS300.

>Are they fun, or just comfy/reliable?
yes

OP listen to this guy. But don’t give up hope that your car is out there.

You are better off waiting and finding a low mileage car in good shape with a good service history, than you are in waiting for a manual. In your search, you may luck out on the manual

They ARE out there. Trust me. They can be found. Lots of early to mid 00 lexuses out there with 55-80k miles and 1-2 owners. I know because I’m finding them myself.

Florida, AZ, NV, and NYC seem to be good areas of find these cars.

These things are great and I’m going to get one myself to compliment my LS430 soon as a weekend car.

ok OP so because i like that model of car (its a great car) i decided to help you which is something i almost never do:

manual is300: 7500
akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/d/05-lexus-is300-5spd-manual/6345922239.html

manual modified is300: 7200
akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/d/2002-lexus-is300/6313055038.html

automatic non modified is300: 3500
mansfield.craigslist.org/cto/d/2004-lexus-is300-sportdesign/6356367560.html
generally the is300 can be had for under 8k but dont expect a flawless example for any less than that

this is a big boy car that will require- and i shit you not- TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS to really legitimately make into something fast and formidable

that being said in its stock form its faster than like 80% of drivers already on the road

also lastly: dont drift crash it and try to sell it on CL, no one wants to buy a car with fucked up quarter panels

I really like these cars and feel a sedan is more what i need now
But love my rsx-s, is this trade up if i get one?

Will i miss dat vtak-yo?

So do ls200 and/or ls300 come with LSD or not?

Are is350 worth considering or was something lost

Get an altezza with the 3sgte Beams

For reals i havent driven one in 10yrs and about to biy one

5spd is300 owner here
If you are going to daily and live near the city you might as well get an auto one. The auto trans hold more power plus it's easier to swap in say a 2jzgte with the auto model. The factory manual setup is pretty bad to be honest, it has a dual mass flywheel that weighs in at 34lbs, and a weird sprung flywheel unsprung clutch. Oh yeah and it has a shitty clutch damping device. You can swap in a mk4 Supra clutch assembly tho and that helps it be less shit

>Didn't know they've become desirable. What makes them so great?

That guy from Initiaru Deearu with the glasses drove one.