FOX BODY THREAD

Who says bitches hate fox bodies?

haha yeah its the car I love to hate

must be hard to pay some money to get someone to sit on your car tho

>bitches hate fox bodies
So it IS true!

you know your car is awful when you hire someone to pose with it just so you can sell it tho

hardly anyone likes foxbodies as far as looks are concerned

That car had a buy it now price of $3,500 I hardly think that brand new paint and a model would be in an advertising budget

Both look better from far away.

Rather than engage in shitflinging, we could, I dunno, post cars. Why do so few fox owners run Basset wheels? According to my math they have awesome backspacing options that sit very well on the car, and offer them in our bolt pattern. Yet maybe 4 pictures of fox cars with Bassett wheels exist. Ignore this one being a hacked up rallycross car.

>tfw no 302/T5 LTD

Fairmont where it at

Kinda prefer the bigger foxes, the extra wheelbase makes em so much better inside

>literally IMPOSSIBLE to find a nice 4 door or wagon Fairmont
It fucking HURTS. There's nothing in my state or any surrounding states.

>best foxbody
>only has 4 cylinders

the only Fairmonts I see these days are incomplete projects and yeah theyre never wagons or sedans

yeh

this album cover has made me want to restore a white convertible LX with red interior

Money or space isn't the issue (within reason for a foxbody) - I just don't know if I have the time to do it bros

Find a nice condition one for 6 grand on Craigslist, pay a mechanic to put in subframe connectors and replace worn out suspension components. Also have him replace the rear main seal and trans rear seal. You're done.

heater core

Thanks for response. I have a 3,000kg lift and do my own mechanical work in my garage. I enjoy working on cars, but I maybe have an afternoon every other weekend to do it now.

I might just buy one this winter and have it ready by summer. I browse craigslist frequently searching for one

DELET THIS MINE STILL WORKS

cyки любят мycтaнги

>tfw no fox bodys in australia

>What do you mean you granny shit not double clutching like you should

My project.

those wheels would be sick on a rotary

Your person did not ever possess myself.

Your person did not ever possess your automobile.

I’m thinking I need to change them eventually. The car sat for like 10 years before I bought it in February.

>

How much was that lift if you don’t mind?

What makes an svo better than a 5.0?

No worries. I spent ~$2,700, but the person that sells these is a very good friend of mine, so I got a good price.

What’s the brand? Just looking at that makes me tired of owning a jack. Also how high does it lift?

This was the hardest fucking replacement man. It took HOURS for me. My brother stepped in whenever I got completely lost though.

>Just looking at that makes me tired of owning a jack

I feel you. Call me a pussy but jacks just give me anxiety. A lift gives me a little more peace of mind and it's more enjoyable / easier to just lift the car up and work on it. Plus a lot of cars now don't even have a spare wheel, so I need to lift the entire car up to just rotate tires. I highly recommend getting one if you do a lot of work yourself and have the space for it.

When fully collapsed it is ~3.5 inches high. The manual says the max height is 3 feet, but I have raised it up higher without a car on it. My garage ceiling is low, however. Pic is how much room I have with a car on top.

Regarding brand, I'd like to remain anonymous, especially with the price I said I bought the lift for. A comparable company would be BendPak - you can get a system there for a few grand.

Make sure you have a method for moving the lift from the freight truck to your garage to install (mine weighted 1,100 lbs). Those fuckers are heavy. Depending on the lift, you may need to buy your own motor to pump the hydraulic fluid and other accessories. You will need to make sure you have the appropriate outlet (110v or 220v) for your system available. You will need to bolt your system down into your floor as well.

I’ll keep that in mind. I have an open air car port that I currently work with my back on the dirt. I was thinking about getting it Paved and your picture answered my next question. Looks like your floor and been repaved to have the jack there. Do you think having it out in the open under a car port would be an issue? Like with rain/snow and stuff.

Mostly the car is better balanced front to rear. The power delivery is a bit delayed so the rear grips a little better too. It had better quality Koni shocks and struts that had some adjustability and there was a bit of a minor front suspension geometry change by using longer lower control arms but this was far from even coming close to fixing a Foxes suspension geometry ills. Brakes were also somewhat upgraded. It all comes together to make the car feel more responsive in curves but the 5.0 is easier to live with in daily use imo.

Personally I was prefer upgrading the 5.0’s suspension and power over driving the svo. It’s a much better engine.

>not owning the ugliest slowest fox you can

I'm not really sure how it would do outside. I've heard people say it would be fine and other say to not do it. I can imagine the freezing cold or rain would hurt the lift but I'm not sure.

>ESP
>with Simmenz

GOAT coming through

I just now discovered foxes aren't just coupes

now i want to voodoo swap a 4th gen ltd wagon real bad

Why is she starting in 4th?

Why are YOU starting in "D"?

Anyone?

I want to see them wrapped in a newer style tire without a huge sidewall and white lettering. do they come bigger than 15s?

No, but 15s look fine on a fox. That's what's annoying, this guy boomered the fuck out of his tire choice. Let me find the math I've done for backspacing.

OK so based on pictures of cars with LMR pony wheels, I've found that 3.75-4" backspacing looks great up front and rear on a 7" wide wheel. Just add one inch for the 8" wide sets. But this is all math and not actual. I'll probably be buying a set this winter after actually measuring clearances and seeing what I can do to cheat a bit, like hammering the inner fender lip flat.

They were probably all crushed in Monster Truck events or demolition derbys.

It seems that freedom has its costs.