Miata General /mg/

>miata feels
>miata friends
>miata fuckbuddies

I'm learning to drive in this miat and I accidentally shifted into 1st from 3rd at like 35MPH. Later on in the drive I'm hearing a weird sound from behind my ear and I have a bad feeling it's my clutch.
Also I drove into the curb slightly at 30mph and my wheel is scratched up but I won't have suspension damage right? I didn't drive into the curb at an acute angle, it was very gentle - the road curved to the right and I didn't turn the wheel enough like a retard.

sorry if these are retarded questions, I started driving a week ago on this beater miat.

Other urls found in this thread:

949racing.com/coilovers.aspx
youtu.be/fnmZzQgFuWA
diyautotune.com/product/diypnp-nippon-denso-122pin-unassembled-kit/
prioritymazdaparts.com/timing-belt-water-pump-kits-2001-2005-miata-non-turbo-w-ac-and-w-ps-timing-belt-water-pump-kit-pkmk013
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw you pour in a gallon of synthetic oil only to find out that the drain plug isn't screwed in

Ahahahaha!! That sux bro! Idk how many times i let friends over and we ended up spilling so much oil all over my parking spot. Anyway, everybody should delete their intake manifold brace, it serves no purpose and it makes changing the oil filter so much easier. Also, if you do your belts it makes it super easy to get to the alternator pivot bolt. Only takes 10minutes to do and you get to save a little weight

The clutch is in front of your ear.
Get an alignment check.
>A gallon
Does your miat have 2 engines?

>Cracking your manifold because you're too lazy to undo three bolts.

jesus, you smell like a filthy redittor

Anyone know where the cd player hook up is on an early 96 miata. I want to get the aux button hooked up to something

>Does your miat have 2 engines?
it takes 3.6 quarts

sup /mg/

going to look at my first miat tomorrow. it's a 1994 base model. supposedly only 36,000 miles

what should i look for? how can i tell if it's had a crash or not? it's priced at $7,700. definitely will NOT be paying that.

what should i know about the crankshaft? owner said he's changed out belts, brakes, tires, and a radiator. he's also put on sway bars.

7.7k for a miat? You planning on keeping this car for a long time? 36k miles sounds sweet but if you'll only drive it for a few years there's functionally no difference between that and a 100k mile car.

Do it if you can get a good deal but honestly I'd be looking to pay about $3-$4k for an NA miata in good condition. Get a 1.8 if you can find it its better in everyway

i'm not sure how long i'll want to keep it for. I could see myself driving it in 5 years. it's way out of my budget, i was going to offer 5 grand. is this still too expensive?

it actually does have the 1.8 in it. like i said, i was going to offer 5 grand. I was thinking 4500 but was worried that was too cheap. nearly 3 grand below asking price...

Right? I've got a RHD miata and that brace has only ever been an issue with replacing my starter, but it's still only 3 bolts and easy ones at that.

>it serves no purpose

does anyone have the picture of the guy wearing the fawkes mask ontop on the miata

>order a few parts for Miata back in late spring
>boss comes up to me and another coworker one day and says she needs to see us in the office
>go there and there's a group of 10 of us
>all getting laid off the following friday
>no more steady source of decent income
>can't spend money on having parts painted
>have a bunch of unpainted parts sitting around until next spring

>Cracking your manifold

Umm... no, sweetie, your manifold wont crack because it doesnt have the brace. It is intended to protect the manifold from stress cracks DURING THE MANUFACTURING PROCESS. The zero consequence benefits of deleting this brace are well documented.

then why isn't it just removed after manufacturing?

>Philips shuts down prod in my company
>Sells off tools and toolings
>No more media blaster
>Milling machine
>Free nickel plating (Oops how did my piece get in there)
>No more free powdercoating, no more painting booth on the weekends

Hurt me hard, man, right in the fucking heart.

>feal mono tube ~1200
>ground control w/koni's ~1200
>v maxx xxtreme ~1000
>BC coils BR ~1000

have a stock NA, want to have the best suspension for around these prices. what do?

If you're will to spend a little more you can have the best miata-specific dampers on the market.

949racing.com/coilovers.aspx

im looking for a grand tops... even the 1200 would be stretching it. i understand i wont have the best of the best but reasonably for a grand

I just put down a deposit on a 2017 RF Club today!

I got scared shitless in my friends miata once. It was one of those spiraling freeway on ramps and only a short distance away there was a looping off ramp. He took me for a couple terrifying laps around this, but afterwards, i kinda wanted a drift missile miata

Well, fuck me guys. Bought a 1994 that was clean, no rust in good condition. Needed a new top.

Investigating the exceedingly common fuel in trunk smell, I decided to check the valves on the top of the tank. I undo the buttons and go to pull up the carpet. It doesn't seem to want to move, I give it a tug and see the horror. Rust.

Most is on the 3 removable panels but some is on the unibody of the shelf. Replacing the 3 panels is no big deal. The unibody rust doesn't seem that bad but it's impossible to know until the panels are all the way off.

Fuck.

Why do people keep flashing their high beams at me in my na at night?

Miatas don't fare well as drift cars. Shorter wheelbase proves it

I put a lightened flywheel in my NA and now theres a grinding noise coming from the gearbox whenever you decelerate in gear, is this shit normal?

great, congratulations! when is it coming?

desu 5k is really low for a 36k mile miata. I'm pretty sure he'll have no trouble selling it at a higher price so he might just tell you to fuck off.

na miatas are fucking bulletproof apart from the rust issue, so I would just try to find one that has a good condition body and take a jack with you to inspect the rust under the car. don't worry about the mileage. the engines can trundle along happily past 200k

Miat is best at doing that thing where you neatly rotate the rear put just enough for it to squeak and then punch the gas and squirt out of the corner like semen from a twink's nuts. 86 is better for doridori.

Uh no I'll keep mine. It's not hard to do the filter at all.

possibly 1 sec I'm on mobile

Maybe your lights are aimed badly

thanks user, ive been looking everywhere for it.

get your headlights fixed

Who /havingtheurgetotakeouthecarforaspin/ here?

My guess is to save time.

New sounds coming from transmission and or clutch. Vibrations manifest. SNC. I don't have a good feeling there.

Yeah, that's normal with a lightweight flywheel. Anything under 13lbs or so and you will hear a lot of noise.

My e-brake doesn't work anymore. Actually it works too well and I can't remove the brake using the lever, I have to remove the wheel and bash the brakes with a hammer.

I use gears to park now but it feels unnatural. Anyone have the same issue with their e brakes ?

That's odd. Try WD40 everything

I think it's on my PC at home. It's saved somewhere

im beating the other guy to the punch

nth for miatas are homosexual

Back off the tightening screw in the caliper

This kid is a faggot. I saw that poor Miata in person at a show in New York a few years back, but didn't know enough about the cars to tell the owner he was a piece of shit

Be that as it may, it's still a 23-year old car. it wasn't an M edition and had an open diff. I love the Miata but paying nearly 8-grand for one just doesn't sit right with me

Besides, I saw the car today. It didn't look like it only had 36k on it. Lots of dents and dings, typical dent on the nose. Crazy amount of orange peel near the rockers. Needless to say I passed on it. Gonna keep looking

Yeah, I could see spending that much on a low mileage car if you're some kind of miata harcore enthusiast/collector AND it was in perfect shape.

Seems like a no-go otherwise. People think low mileage is all that matters when selling a car sometimes.

Btw the orange peel look was probably factory chip guard on the bottom half of the car.

Does anyone know what this is and how to safely remove it?

holy fuck, it's probably one of these "add 25% percent power to your car" ebay thingies
you have to be literally retarded to fall for it, and shit breaks your engine too

why did you buy a car with something like this? i would walk the fuck away

>factory chip guard
Interesting. Didn't know about this. Does it actually work in preserving the paint?

Its real purpose is to protect the steel. Basically painted rubberized undercoat.

One of the wires leads to this port labeled "Diagnostics"

Its a scam device that does nothing but fuck your air/fuel ratio and gives u shit gas mileage, rip that shit out quickly

I always wanted to get a thing that plugs into that. tfw I have a 96 but no obdII

I want Veeky Forumss opinion on powerplant for my miat

Goal is somewhere around 160whp

Current 1.6 is in really good shape (just ticked 103,000 last week)

Leaning more towards swap or supercharger (I just prefer the feeling of a linear powercurve)

Just put mine away for winter storage and all I want to do I drive it :( also any recommendations for wideband sensors to go with a MSPNP

What are the chances that removing this will brick the ecu?

Next to none, you gotta realise that keeping it in does more damage than removing it probably will ever do

Okay I get it, the screws in pic are fucked up

Guess I'll have to get a new one

1.8 swap from nb2 + a good exhaust+ k&n air filter and a decent ecu tune and you should be able to reach that power, this will make least problems in the future

I just bought some Meisterr CRDs, $995 shipped. Look them up, reviews are good.
I've had them on for 2-3 days, and they're real nice around town and on the freeway. Hoping to hit a nice twisty or 2 tomorrow, but havn't really pushed them yet.

Def get a innovate MXTL plus

When you splice it in, red wire to big blue ignition wire going to where you put the key in, yellow and black thru the firewall unused plug next to the brake booster. Dont touch the white wire at all. Cut the 4 wires from the stock o2 sensor close to where it screws into the headers. Dont use the two black wires they are to heat the sensor, the innovate has its own. Yellow gauge wire splice and solder to the existing blue signal wire, black splice n solder to the white sensor ground. Follow the instructions to calibrate n ure golden ponyboy

I softened then 2 clicks all around because shitty San Diego roads, and man, this freeway ain't shit. Might go another 2, just to see if it gets better, or too soft.
17 rear, 22 front

Seconding this guy, NB2 with some bolt ons + Megasquirt + good tune should do the trick.

Best bolt ons are
>squaretop intake manifold
>racing beat header/exhaust
>coldside intake
>cams, Mazdaspeed intake cams work but there are lots of options

Also check out garage Quinn motors youtu.be/fnmZzQgFuWA

Isn't a megasquirt like, 2k?

No it's 800 brand new, and you can get them used for cheaper. A friend bought his for 400

diyautotune.com/product/diypnp-nippon-denso-122pin-unassembled-kit/ there is also a DIY unassembled $450 one

>they bought a Miata when they could have had a vert ultimate driving machine

Cant get a vert for under 20k here

>Cause of death
>Crashing into a barrier after waving to another miata driver on the highway

how's australia

>moving overseas and leaving my old car
>going to be a bus rider for a while (walker, fuck buses)
>but now I can finally get a miata

This is gonna be the best christmas ever, I'm gonna wrap up shit like oil, shocks, spark plugs and put it under the tree for my cute miat

How do people get their engine bays so clean and... not cluttered? Every engine bay I've seen is cluttered to high heavens.

But any time I look at modified cars and shit, they are all like almost nothing in them and super clean.

are you really sure? i have a 96 and mine was tucked up under the center part of my dash, kinda towards the radio. I found it and just pulled it out.

I hope you get engine knock 2 days after you get it

Who hurt you user?

My miata

Well it's got a full emissions delete, no AC, no PS, no cruise, full wire tuck. Usually they strip the whole bay, paint it, then only install what they need

Do you want to talk about it? You're amongst friends here.

Im not sure if most of you are even considered humans, so idk about that "amongst friends"

oy, this guy

So do any of you have turbo miatas? How much $ have you sunk into the build? On just the engine/turbo setup.
How cheap can I go for reliable HP

If you want cheap reliable HP dont even bother with miatas at all

why is miata always the answer, Veeky Forums?

because we're always poor

i had one then sold it, and then bough n/a again
the whole build cost me around $3,5k but aside form ecu tune i was mostly doing it alone, i got up 230hp (could've reach higher but i opted for a smoother power curve)
turbo miatas are quite reliable as far as the turbo project go but the keyword is "project" - no matter how excellent parts you use it will forever stay that way and you will have to tinker with it along the way

I'm totally ok with that, I don't mind tinkering. Just trying to get a rough estimate to budget for. I'm thinking about just collecting parts as I see them, instead of buying everything in one chunk

S chassis isn't cheap in America anymore

thinking about getting a miata as a dd, is it possible to have subwoofers (even if small)? i know there are custom trunk setups, would love to hear some experiences

Why can't I buy a Miata in these colours?

REEEEE

NA Miatas have so much road noise and tire noise I can't see any reason to invest any real money into car audio.

>tfw no

I want to convince my husband on getting a 1990 Miata that's for sale down the street. my reason is gas mileage, but he's taken an interest in a '75 firebird because "it looks cool" and it's a grand more than the miata. wat do? He says the miata is a woman's car and I've tried telling him it has better handling than the firebird.

I just want some extra bump for my nigger music, what is the speaker layout like? I'd probably just put in some fresh door speakers and an 8 or 10 inch sub

>tfw miata is leaking coolant

fix it you retard

Fuck off nigger

If I tear apart the entire engine to do the water pump then I might as well replace a bunch of other shit too, that's a lot of work

or just fix what you need to fix. a head gasket or a water pump in a miata takes like 30 minutes

If you're unbolting everything necessary to replace a wp might as well do everything here

prioritymazdaparts.com/timing-belt-water-pump-kits-2001-2005-miata-non-turbo-w-ac-and-w-ps-timing-belt-water-pump-kit-pkmk013

lol? I changed the filter no problem at all with the brace???