What the fuck happened to Mercedes, Veeky Forums?

What the fuck happened to Mercedes, Veeky Forums?
My dad used to have two E class mercs and his 99' had over 500000 miles while the older E class had over a million.
A million miles!
Those things were made to last, but now it feels like they're made to be thrown away after 5 years.
Why, Veeky Forums?

they let their inner kike let loose

Because the type of person who buys one new will rarely keep it that long

I'm guessing this.
They're making more money through repairs than the actual selling of cars.

They decided to go cheap in 2000s and never looked back. Iirc they had a huge issue with paint/rush since they changed to some other finish

>lease me user

something most luxury car companies prefer

As do their customers......

Niggers drive old lux.

the W204 was a real mercedes again. look it up.
those things are rock solid.

not sure what happened afterwards again though.

Consumerism

Nothing happened.

Mercedes are still built to last. But note the less older Mercedes on the road, the higher reputation Mercedes has. They don't want you driving your shitbox over 10 years.

good meme response

It's complex overengineered German luxocrap. It always has been and always will be.
>inb4 old merc owning white trash poorfags come to mercedes' rescue

you had a point until you decided to crash that post into the ground

Nobody would reply if I didn't do that

Why so desperate for (You)s?
Feeling lonely?

Yea....actually wish I had a Mercedes too believe it or not. I like their current aesthetics.

I've never felt so lonely. Fall is a terrible time to have nobody to cuddle with.

Well now i got the feels. Expected you to be a ebin meme ruseman. Hope you have a nice weekend anyways and that you get your Benz one day.

Sorry user, it's just that time of year. Thanks and you have a nice weekend too.

Take your Vitamin D and try to soak up every bit of sun that might come through the clouds every now and then these days.
Helped me a lot.

Thanks for the tip man, I'll go buy some tomorrow morning

No prob and godspeed

Faggot. Into the gas chamber with you.
Zis iz de time on Schprockets ven ve daunce...

Daimler showed them how to cost cut

No way
>owned (palladium silver) 2012 c250/w204 sport model-"amg suspension"
>control knob breaks within 6 months of purchase
>car decides bumper is irrelevant and gets fucked anytime going 1mph too much
>when driving can hear random clicking from drivers side rear tire
>moon roof gets manufactures defect and won't retract fully
>600$ maintenance....200$ fee to get an estimate at dealership whether you're under warranty
I regret ever getting that model/make.
Own a 2014 Toyota Camry XLE---way better, better infotainment, can have friends sit in the back without complaining about small room, big trunk, collapsing seats, can duck in the back, and especially faggots don't try to race me.

I know user. It was sad.

My dad had a sweet Chocolate Brown 190E from back in the mid 80s tank era and I looked forward to being able to buy one that was similarly well put together but after buying an early 00s E class I just couldn't do it anymore. It just isn't the fundamentally same car.

OTOH the BMW has gotten TONS better. All my parents yuppie friends had 80s bimmers that broke down all the fucking time and the electrics were shit. Nowadays a BMW is a pretty solid if unspectacular car with way better reliability.

Audis are pretty much the same. 80s Audis perhaps could kill you but modern Audis are well styled poorly put together automobiles.

shit bait my man

>80s Audis perhaps could kill you
yeah, 10s Toyota perhaps could kill you

this is an interesting thought

>A million miles
I've seen cars, my father had one too, yhat reached that mileage with less maintainance, exposed to the weather, were driven daily and used third party parts.
A car that costs that much and needs a moth's pay just to check the oil it better last more than that.

Mercedes does not repair cars, franchise dealerships do. Mercedes can only lose money on repairs (done under warranty). And no, parts + special tooling sales are not lucrative.

R129 was the last great Mercedes.