Tokyo Auto Show

Not sure how there isn't a thread for this shit yet. Time for images. There's some pretty wacky shit so if you haven't seen it already strap in.

Other urls found in this thread:

tokyo-motorshow.com
tokyo-motorshow.com/en/outline/exhibitors_list.html
ai.nissan.co.jp/#/
youtu.be/zwhQCuJNzSA
youtu.be/JOX08cJ9IKo
youtu.be/RcwrF90In8s
tokyo-motorshow.com/en/gallery/video.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lexus LS+ concept.

Mixed feelings about that...

Lexus LS+ concept from the side

God fucking awful. Lexus makes fantastic cars and are flush with cash, I don't understand why they can't seem to hire a decent designer.

A fucking (NISMO) Leaf.

NISMO Leaf's suicide doors and interior.

Let me guess, turbo charged boxer 4, awd, 305 hp? Optional CVT

Mazda's Vision Coupe (4 doors).

Unsure, planned application is 2020.

Mazda VISION coupe from the front.

Daihatsu DN Compagno

From the description:
"A four-door coupe targeted at active seniors
Stylishly designed, the vehicle comfortably seats two adults and provides colorful support to post-retirement lives

- With its beautifully unconstrained shooting lines, the DN COMPAGNO inherits the compact, stylish approach to design of the original Compagno, which launched in 1963
- The vehicle prioritizes the relaxing comfort of the two front seats, which it combines with a sporty and high-quality interior
- The DN COMPAGNO features a 1,000 cc turbo powertrain, with the option of a 1,200 cc hybrid"

Another of the DN COMPAGNO.

Subaru BRZ STI Sport.

From the description:

Driving performance, style and quality - All of the STI's DNA are added to “SUBARU BRZ STI Sport”, the highest grade of SUBARU BRZ. It has polished up handling performance aiming for first-ever driving feeling that no one has ever had, so it provides you endless driving pleasure. Those excellent and high quality design of interior and exterior adds more value as well. The front mask gives us impression of keen eyes of athletes with dynamic artistic figure. The big 18-inch aluminum wheel tells its performance. The emblems of STI are shining at the front, on the fender and at the rear of the car. The chic and bold interior is finished in the color of bordeaux and black, and brings extreme pleasure to the owners.

Get ready for extreme pleasure.

Revisiting the concept from the OP, the Subaru Viziv Performance concept.

From the description:

“SUBARU VIZIV PERFORMANCE CONCEPT” is conceptual models of SUBARU's future vision of high performance vehicles. Its lower center of gravity, solid bodywork with aggressiveness, and form of pendent fender with dynamics - the evolving energy from the very first moment of driving is expressed by the SUBARU's philosophy of design, “DYNAMIC×SOLID”. This model has realized high performance by the Horizontally-Opposed engine and the symmetrical AWD, introducing self-driving technology based on the high performance EyeSight. We combine driving performance and high safeness at higher level aiming for precluding accident, and provide our value, “Anytime, anywhere, the driver will enjoy driving in peace of mind , in our own way.

>Coupe (4 doors)

Is this the car version of girl (male)?

Side profile of the Viziv.

Subaru STI S208.

From the description:

“S208” is the pinnacle complete model by STI (SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL). The engine designed to achieve a perfect balance of revolutions offers a flawless feel, and it reaches the highest power in the series (329 PS). Its unique power unit realizes sensual acceleration like never before. As you will notice the DNA of STI in the front racing bucket seats and the meshing front grill that tighten up the front face, its performance and quality meet at high dimension. This vehicle is for those who pursues ultimate driving and the owners will savor joy of possession. Limited production of 450 units.

Another of the STI.

Sorry for going out of order, here's more Mazda. Kai concept. Note the previously discussed tailights.

From the description:

Featuring the next-generation SKYACTIV-X gasoline engine, SKYACTIV-Vehicle Architecture and a more mature expression of the KODO design language, the Mazda KAI CONCEPT embodies the technology, engineering and design concepts that will define the next generation of Mazda cars. Refinements in all areas of dynamic performance have produced a dramatically quieter, more comfortable ride and an enhanced performance feel. The KAI CONCEPT features muscular, solid proportions and its form is brought to life by a delicate flow of reflections over the body sides.

More on the SKYACTIV-X later.

SKYACTIV-X engine.

From the description:

SKYACTIV-X is an entirely new internal combustion engine from Mazda that combines the high-revving character of a gasoline engine with the fuel efficiency, torque and fast initial response of a diesel. With its proprietary combustion method called Spark Controlled Compression Ignition (SPCCI), SKYACTIV-X is set to become the world’s first* commercial gasoline engine to use compression ignition. SPCCI overcomes the long-standing issue of maximizing the zone in which compression ignition is possible and realizes a seamless transition between compression ignition and spark ignition.
* As of August 2017. According to in-house investigations.

Now for Mistubishi. First the Eclipse Cross.

From the description:

The Eclipse Cross Japan market model makes its debut. It is a new-generation SUV that fuses sharp coupe looks with the dynamic SUV mobility.
The engine is a 1.5-liter downsizing turbo, providing as sense of acceleration with no sluggishness. The drivetrain includes Mitsubishi’s proprietary S-AWC which has an electronically-controlled 4WD system with brake activated AYC, providing precise handling and superior vehicle stability regardless of road surfaces, from ordinary to snow-covered roads.
The sharp and dynamic form maintains the DNA of reassurance and safety that runs through Mitsubishi Motors SUVs while adopting abundant unique styling. The exceptional comfort provides relaxation that completely overturns the impression received from the exterior.
Particular attention was paid to connectivity, and convenience and safety were pursued by incorporating various state-of-the-art devices.

Mitsubishi E-Evolution Concept.

From the description:

The MITSUBISHI e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT is a high-performanceall-electric crossover SUV. It features major advances in EV technology and the all-wheel control technology acquired through SUV development.
Despite being an EV, it also excels in off-roading as an SUV. This environmentally-friendly vehicle creates unprecedented new value.
Ar t i f icial int e l l igence ( A I ) technology is adopted to anticipate the driver’s intent and feelings and communicate with the driver, making driving even more fun.
This model symbolizes the new brand, and will attract attention for spurring passenger motivation and creating a feeling of being one step ahead.

How do you feel about a car that predicts your driving style?

>No Rx-9
I don't care

Suzuki E-Survivor.

From the description:

•The e-SURVIVOR is a compact SUV of the next age, which inherits the magnetic identity of Suzuki from the Jimny and the Vitara.
•While keeping our renowned drivability made possible by the ladder frame and lightweight compact body, it offers new possibilities of an electric four-wheel-drive.

Forgot my picture.

Toyota GR HV Sports concept. I know it's been posted around before but I want to be thorough.

From the description:

The GR HV SPORTS concept represents a new way to enjoy cars by integrating the thrill of a sports car with the environmental friendliness of an eco-car. Switching to manual mode is possible with the single press of a button, and 6-speed manual-style driving with H-pattern shifting can be enjoyed. Also, features a targa top that was also used for Toyota’s legendary convertible sports cars. You can enjoy both the thrill of a sports car and the open air fellling by the targa top.

Yeah I dig it.

Toyota TJ Cruiser.

From the description:

The Tj CRUISER represents the harmonious balance between the roominess of a cargo van and the powerful design of an SUV. The square-shaped cabin, similar to that of a van, exudes high utility. Meanwhile, the sturdy suspension realized by large SUV-sized tires is fused with a bold front. The Tj CRUISER symbolizes a new genre incorporating the strengths of a van with those of an SUV.

the design is ruined by those huge flat cut offs on the fenders

they did the same thing on the 370z and it makes it look like shit

this concept doesnt have a single appealing angle

Almost every modern car has those, it seems.

Toyota Motor Sales is just pissing in our faces at this point

in my experience 4 door coupe really just means frameless door windows

Toyota Crown Concept.

From the description:

The Crown Concept is a concept vehicle developed in pursuit of driving performance and
connected technology. It features the blend of the storied Crown tradition with its birth in 1955 and the innovation to be expected in the Crown in a next generation mobility society.

This one actually doesn't look too bad in my opinion.

A coupe definition is meaasured by volume behind the driver seats I believe, so it's likely based on a technicality.

>Subaru BRZ STI Sport
>Fans of Subaru’s STI performance brand, hold your horses—Subaru certainly has. The STI Sport gets no extra power over regular BRZs. No turbocharger, nothing. What it does get is, essentially, the contents of the U.S.-market BRZ’s Performance package.

Crown side profile.

where da live streams at?

So is any of this actually going to make it to production?

Unsure. Here's the link to their site if you want to poke around. It's where I've been getting these images and consolidating shit.

tokyo-motorshow.com

Some will likely see production, like the Lexus and Mazda.

Toyota concept i.

From the description:

TOYOTA Concept-i is a four-wheel model representing the TOYOTA Concept-i series that embodies the future vision of a mobility society.
The core technology common to the TOYOTA Concept-i series is a technology that understands people (LEARN), applying AI to recognize emotions and estimate driver preferences.
The technology that understands people (LEARN) and automated driving technology combine to lead the driver to safety and provide peace of mind (PROTECT).
In addition, by combining the technology with the agent technology, it will be possible to advance technology to the point that the driver's feelings can be anticipated, leading to new Fun to Drive experiences (INSPIRE).

looks like a Chinese lexus

good fucking lord

>Meanwhile, the sturdy suspension realized by large SUV-sized tires is fused with a bold front
macphersons all around lmao

Toyota Fine-Comfort Ride.

From the description:

The Fine-Comfort Ride proposes a new form of the premium saloon by employing a flexible layout unique to electric-powered vehicles and a large amount of available electric power using hydrogen as an energy source.
Toyota pursued further possibilities of FCVs through the development of the Fine-Comfort Ride. It offers excellent environmental performance by discharging no CO2 or substances of concern (SoC) while in operation, together with the convenience of a generous cruising range with a hydrogen refueling time of about three minutes.

>It is a new-generation SUV that fuses sharp coupe looks with the dynamic SUV mobility.
>sharp coupe looks
what in the fuck

J U S T
U
S
T

Toyota Century. Posted around the board before but again, thoroughness (autism).

From the description:

The new 3rd generation Century carries on the tradition of master craftsmanship and high-quality monozukuri (all-encompassing manufacturing) while realizing high-demand environmental performance and a design layout that pursues passenger comfort.
The interior and exterior design injects new charm into the Century in line with its
heritage. Moreover, the new Century features advanced equipment and comfort
amenities only suitable for a luxury limousine.

>toyota
>partnering with a company called gazoo
>read an an article saying this car, if it comes out, will be sold as a Gazoo instead of a Toyota

toyota died a long time ago. We're in the decomposition stage now.

Toyota concept-i RIDE:

From the description:

TOYOTA Concept-i RIDE is a small mobility vehicle that emphasizes universality based on the concept of user-friendly city mobility.
It features gull-wing doors, an electric universal sliding seat, and a joystick, achieving user-friendly operation for wheelchair users.
In addition, the seat layout and automated driving functions make it possible for anyone to drive safely and securely.
Moreover, use with sharing services is also envisioned. By sharing with more people, universal mobility is made easier to use.

Not sure how I missed this. Nissan NISMO Serena.

No description at this time.

>Moreover, use with sharing services is also envisioned. By sharing with more people, universal mobility is made easier to use.
toyota you commie fucks

>The absolute state of Mitsubishi
cool, for some reason I thought they were discontinuing the century

Nissan iMX Concept.

No description at this time.

Again, sorry for more skipping. Daihatsu DN MULTISIX.

From the description:

A stylish, premium six-seater minivan in a compact form

- A compact minivan with three rows of seating, it combines ease-of-use with a sense of luxury
- The second row of seats features an aisle space that can be walked through, so improving the utility of the third row of seats
- The vehicle features a 1,500 cc gasoline engine

Honda NeuV

From the description:

The Honda NeuV is an EV commuter concept model equipped with Honda’s AI technology, “Honda Automated Network Assistant,” with self-driving capabilities. It determines the driver’s stress level from facial expressions and voice tones to support safe driving, and by learning the driver’s lifestyle and preferences, provides suggestions to the driver according to the situation, realizing natural communication between driver and mobility. The NeuV also explores the possibilities of mobility through autonomous driving technology and AI, such as autonomous car-sharing use, with permission from its owner, when it is not being used.

neat
gib Toyota Crown and MR2 and I can die peacefully.

Honda Sport EV Concept

From the desciption:

Built upon an EV-specific platform, this concept model is equipped with a highly responsive electric power unit in a easy to handle compact body. Powerful, smooth acceleration are coupled with a serene quietness thanks to its electric motor, and a low center of gravity realize exciting maneuverability, beckoning the driver and car as one into a completely new experience. With “Honda Automated Network Assistant” using Honda’s AI technology, the Honda Sports EV Concept aims to create communication that unites the driver and car. Aiming for the next generation of sports car design, the low and wide design takes its sports car looks a step further: the unforgettable styling, a friendly front fascia that naturally blends in with any lifestyle, and rich and supple surfaces bring happiness and a even a fondness in ownership.

>a friendly front fascia that naturally blends in with any lifestyle, and rich and supple surfaces bring happiness and a even a fondness in ownership.
Shit. They were watching the Twingo threads.

it appears honda literally has the only cars worth a fuck at this show

S660 Special β #komorebi edition

From the description:

Honda’s fun to look at, fun to drive, invigorating open-top two-seater, for more people. The fashionable S660 β special edition “#komorebi edition” enhances the S660’s qualities as a refined lifestyle item, opening a new door to open-top living. This special edition comes in three colors, including the unique Hidamari Ivory Pearl. With its special color-coordinated brown rooftop the S660 stands out in various scenes. Unique light tan for the seats and soft interior panel, and a special aluminum plate decorating the console are only a few items that bring the S660 alive. The CVT transmission adds to a lighthearted yet fine quality, stylish and enjoyable open-top lifestyle. A new facet of the driver’s car, the S660, shines even more.

Honda Riding Assist-e.

No description available at this time.

Honda Urban EV Concept

From the description:

Built upon a newly developed EV-only platform, the Honda Urban EV Concept is a compact car, ideal for urban driving. The exterior expresses Honda’s small car DNA, the “joy of lively driving” and “friendliness that inspires attachment” simply and iconically. The front and rear are equipped with displays that show messages and greetings to onlookers. The living room-like interior is modern and comfortable, equipped with a large display and “Honda Automated Network Assistant” based on Honda’s AI technology. Learning the driver’s lifestyle and tastes, the Honda Urban EV Concept provides the driver with timely suggestions, realizing a natural communication between driver and car. A small car that is closer to people, closer to life: this is Honda’s vision of the new relationship between people and cars.

Honda Legend.

From the description:

Legend, Honda’s flagship sedan always at the pinnacle, a showcase of Honda’s newest technologies, and challenges the world’s best, evolves even more. Its low and wide style is further enhanced with a new front grille and bumper design, and with advanced headlights and turn signals, looks even more aggressive than before. No effort has been spared in pursuing the feel of unity with the car, to ensure the driver feels in complete control. The body, chassis, and control have been finely tuned to hone the Legend’s next generation inch-perfect handling feel realized through Honda’s SPORT HYBRID SH-AWD (Super Handling All-Wheel-Drive). The new generation Legend marks the dawn of a new challenge, to be the world’s best driver’s car.

Those tail lights remind me of the NSX

>looks even more aggressive than before
yay

Suzuki XBEE.

From the description:

•“I want to go out further and have fun with more friends”
“I want to enjoy life cooler”
The XBEE is a compact crossover wagon that fits in various lifestyles; from stylish lifestyle in the city to active leisure in nature.
•This new genre of compact crossover wagon combines wagon packaging of spacious cabin that exceeds its class in a manoeuvrable compact size with a rough-road drivability and functionality of an SUV, and embellishes it with distinctive, unforgettable styling design that has strength and toughness of an SUV.

That is actually pretty intersting. Wonder what kinda seats are behind the rear doors? If seats at all.

From the second picture it appears there are some shorter ones. I can't imagine there being much headroom but considering the design focus it's possible there's an intention of seating kids in the backseat while older parents or grandparents drive them around.

The Japanese luxury brands seem... off... in their designs.
Lexus and Acura have a lot of just unappealing designs, where their regular brand (Toyota and Honda respectively) produce genuinely good-looking cars.

That about sums up much of the cars of note. There were a few I skipped since they were either variations of a previously listed car or not really relevant to the board (ie. utility type vehicles or not actually cars). Please go take a look for yourselves on their site. Another great resource for finding out more about these cars is the manufacturers' websites, of which there are handy links here:

tokyo-motorshow.com/en/outline/exhibitors_list.html

Given that today was preview day, and tomorrow and Sunday are general public days, it's likely we'll see more pics surface soon.

>Miss Fairlady
>Nissan doesn't fucking care about the Z cars anymore
Oh I wanna fucking punch whatever smarmy cunt thought that was a good idea.

Good news, she's an AI that you can corrupt if you know nip.

ai.nissan.co.jp/#/

Forgot to mention, theres some videos of some of the concepts as well.

Subaru:
youtu.be/zwhQCuJNzSA

Mazda:
youtu.be/JOX08cJ9IKo

Mitsubishi:
youtu.be/RcwrF90In8s

More here for your viewing pleasure.
tokyo-motorshow.com/en/gallery/video.html

So just literally an STI S207?

Wish we got this here. Looks really good.

And the same could be said for this x2.

FUCKING NISSAN WHY DO YOU JUST WANT TO BE SHIT????

Looks funky but that could good, especially that "aisle space" between the second and third row. Would make the third row much easier to access.

Honda should stop with the gay-ass kei roadsters.

C U T E

Bland and probably wont be better than any of its competitors.

Looks too much like Fiat 500. Also fuck that description is fucking retarded. Who buys cars like that?

test

>I can't imagine there being much headroom but considering the design focus it's possible there's an intention of seating kids in the backseat while older parents or grandparents drive them around.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Suzuki being comfy as hell again.

You're doing god's work user.

test

yes hello

Looks like the van from inspector gadget

this is dog

both of these look great

>Has an ordinary rear door handle
>On a suicide door

Kek didn't notice that. What the fuck Nissan.

>partnering with a company called gazoo
nigga Gazoo is Toyota's other racing division.

Diahatsu clicking early on the only demographic with money, can't blame them

And mitsubishi fucking blows it like we all knew they would

B-buy our e-evolution cuckbox, p-please

>transmission by Fisher-Price

Get this fucking turd out of my face

It's called "clipping", and its well past its use by date. An atrocious styling cue

Nissan takes on the Toyota Vellfire for "most hideous van", it's a close race

No one, literally no one cares about your opinion

Breddy gud