He actually thinks zero-down leasing is a bad deal

>he actually thinks zero-down leasing is a bad deal
>he buys cars

AHAHHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

>he never owns his car

cool frog, may I have it?

>can’t mod the car in any way because he has to give it back to who it actually belongs to
What
A
Cuck

>he pays for his own maintenance

>not leasing brand new cars every 30 months
>stuck with old technology
>giving a shit about LED mods
>muh mods

c u c k
u
c
k

>configuring car online
>look at lease price
>"there are currently no leasing offers in your area"
>mfw

>wanting the shitty useless tech they pack into newer cars
You clearly don't like driving since you need shit to distract you from it. Why not just ride a bus?

State sales tax is (usually) twice the price when financing a car vs. leasing it

On average, cars lose almost a mile per gallon of efficiency each year we drive the same car. At $2.00 a gallon for gas, that is over $6,000.00 a year in extra gas expenses after just 9 years.

Leasing maintence cost: $59 a year

since we are driving new cars, we never have to worry about breakdowns. In the rare case that something breaks, just return it to the dealer for a free fix.

When we buy a car, we can pay thousands in state sales taxes.

But most states tax leases different. They only tax on the smaller monthly payment, not the entire vehicle price. This can save us at least half of state sales taxes.

The IRS subsidizes leased cars. If we itemize deductions when filing our yearly tax returns, some of the car’s cost is tax deductible. This further reduces the cost of driving a new car.

Leasing gives us GAP coverage car insurance free. Most lease contracts include the cost of GAP coverage (where as this is an expensive insurance option with a traditional car loan.)

They say a lease offers much lower payments, but we are restricted to driving just 12,000 miles per year.

And they say if we go over this amount, we can pay 10 to 50 cents a mile as a penalty.

This is true. It is technically true that is… Because savvy people never pay this.

Again, if we find ourselves over the mileage cap, we simply sell the car to any dealership and avoid it. It really is that simple.

>t.consumer gadget cuck
Enjoy your new evo faggot

enjoy getting jewed by sales tax and maintenance repairs

Someone stop this ohgod

>cars lose mpg per year
>2014 Genesis with 50k rated for 22 mpg combined still gets 25 with 70% freeway driving
>fucking beat to shit 130k mile 1986 300zx rated for 19 mpg combined still gets 22 with 70% freeway driving
>2004 f150 with almost a QUARTER MILLION MILES rated for 15 combined gets 16 with 70% freeway
u r n idiot

you're still renting a car

>he turns his frogs gay

>Weak bait
>dumb fucking frog poster
Here's your (You)

Leasing is fine if you don't technically DRIVE your car.

I would break the mileage restriction on any lease I looked into within 8 months because of my commute. If you don't actually have to go anywhere, leasing is perfectly feasible.

>pay money for car
>dont own it and have to give it back
>get charged for driving over a set amount of miles
good job being poor OP

I'm a man so no.

I'd go over the mileage in like 3 months. I dont understand how someone could put less than like 15k miles in a year

>cars lose almost a mile per gallon of efficiency each year we drive the same car
no they don't

>On average, cars lose almost a mile per gallon of efficiency each year

What a load of crap. Just took a road trip in my 2002 Saturn and at one point I recorded 39 mpg.

>not just buying a used car
You're not too good for a 3k civic. If you want something better, save some fucking money.
Debt is for dumb normies who don't know how to handle money.

No kidding, I have a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid with 194,000 miles on it.

I for one care about my money and want more in return.
Im not going to give money free out to a jew that rents out his car to let me drive it and have huge loss in the end, going out with nothing at all.

Yeah and at the end of those 9 years you either own a car or spent 60k to borrow somebody else's, retard

>lease new car every 30 months
>vs. financing car every 30 months
>end of financing term you can sell car or use as trade in
>you can only lease what you can afford
>10 years later
>you're still leasing a honda civic while Chet worked his way up to a new Porsche
>all because you thought you were being smart when in reality your long term financial choices were trash

But you have fun with that instant gratification.

fact of the matter is that leases are bad deals. it's like renting vs buying a home, some people are so disillusioned they think renting for 30 years is somehow better than ownership

>when he leases he has to bend over and pay for any repairs to the car at the end of the lease.

>car loses 1mpg per year
I'm not disputing your conclusion but what the fuck

>he doesn't do his own maintenance

>this
best post

The only reason leasing is a feasible option is if you simply must be seen in a new car (that you can't afford to buy) at all times

ie: it makes sense if you're a vapid retard

>cars lose almost a mile per gallon of efficiency each year we drive the same car
lmao you must work at a dealership

Aren't you only able to finance what you can afford also? I don't get it. A 30 month loan's monthly payments would be yuge

30 months worth of payments that (should) bring you to the point where you have positive equity toward a new car when you trade it in

>it's another Veeky Forums pretends to understand car leasing episode
You fags drive decade old shitboxes and barely make 20k a year. Please stfu about leasing.

yeah well you're a faggot-ass nigger

This.
>implying everyone here isnt a 14yrold fag

>you fags decade old shit boxs
i own a 2016 challenger rt
>barley make 20k a year
i make 60k bitch
>stfu about leasing
lease fag sad he gets cucked by dealerships

>no source provided
Sure you do buddy.

Sure thing pal

I've driven my car 40k miles and have only spent money buying fluids that need replacing, like every car on the planet

who the fuck pays almost $600 every 12k miles

>make 60k
>live in an apartment

hard times man :(
saving for some land tho

What are you talking about? If I wanted to finance brand new 5 series with a decent package for 30 months I'd have to pay AT LEAST $1800 a month for just the car. Than after Those 30 months the car would lose over 65% of it's original value.
If I wanted to spend this much money a month on a car I'd buy a used fucking E60 M5 for 15k and spend less money on fucking maintenance and fuel cost.
kys dumb american bet you meant to finance a little shitbox and not a real car.

>hurrr leasing is dumb guiz
>pays $2000 a month rent to lord worchestershire

Why do you people never take in to consideration the maintenance and repairs on used cars?

because I do all the maintenance and repairs myself

The only bit of maintanance and repair on my ALMOST 20 Year old MINT VeeDub is oil, oil filter and air filter. I've changed the battery and starter motor now my car starts up quicker than those Start-Stop™ cars
Car has no rust too.

I'm only sad that I live in a country that glorifies poor financial decisions.

>he pays for full coverage

fuck niggers bro

Everyone wants a subscription lifestyle these days, it's awful. It's the same thing with homes, people would rather lose money renting forever than have the responsibility of ownership.

>You fags drive decade old shitboxes and barely make 20k a year. Please stfu about leasing.
Glad you're here to correct us, do go on.

you have zero idea what you're talking about even after i explained the concept to you, Ahmed. Just go buy a used car off the british equivalent of craigslist since you're so financially inept.

>i explained the concept to you
hur dur buy a car den after 30 months sell it XD

>Veeky Forums shits on leases when they're the best choice
>Veeky Forums shits on crossovers when they're the best choice
>Veeky Forums shits on automatics when they're the best choice
>Veeky Forums shits on EVs when they're the best choice
Face it, normies make the best choices and you just defy them because you want to Think Different™

>falling for the >>>>>"""""ownership""""" jew
Were all going to die in the end, who cares if you "own" something, just get the cheapest overall option.

> Again, if we find ourselves over the mileage cap, we simply sell the car to any dealership and avoid it. It really is that simple.

You can't sell a car without holding the title to it. You mean return the car, right? That will incur a hefty fee. You are dumb or paid to hang out here lying ( not paid much either). I am the one laughing

is it worth it to lease then buy vs buying outright?

By making your argument you invalidate your own point. Why bother convincing me if life is meaningless? Clearly you want me not to care. I wonder what sort of person gets on the internet to tell young people not to pursue their own dreams? Truly a (((mystery))).

Depends.
If its a car you really want to own but cannot afford the payments through financing, leasing buyouts are always an option. You will definitely pay more overall though.

Not at all.

I would skip the first step, and just buy a car that has been leased by only one owner.

It depends how much your buyout is and how much the car is actually worth at the end of the lease. If it's a car that doesn't hold it's value well or gets expensive after the 3 year warranty runs out then you should give it back. If it's something like a Tundra or Tacoma where you can buy out it out and make money in the end then you should buy it out. Keep in mind after the 4 year lease it's going to be time for new tires, brakes, etc.

kind of true actually.

Get a load of this cuck

Half of this is incorrect shilling that doesn’t apply to 80% of the population

>he actually thinks zero-down leasing is a bad deal

then he is retarded as fuck

I drive about 100-200 km per day, leasing a car is not a valid option for me and newer cars tend to get worse fuel consumption that mid 2000s cars.
I need less than 3,5 L of gas per 100 km with a 10 year old car.

>he thinks his lease doesn't factor in maintenance

Cars don't lose 1MPG per year, dumb fuck. If that were the case my pickup must have gotten 37MPG out of the factory back in '95 (no it didn't)

I have never observed this in any car i own.

>this

fuck even my 4 year old sanic still gets 35emmpeegee

>It's the same thing with homes, people would rather lose money renting forever than have the responsibility of ownership.
Have you considered that homes and mortgages are very big commitments and very expensive? Houses aren't the easiest thing to get rid of neither.

u know u can just photoshop insurance cards right?

I need a vehicle that will pull a gooseneck trailer for almost 30k miles per year so I don't think leasing is for me.

>he doesn't just spend 2 grand on a 98 honda civic that'll last him another 4 years with excellent gas mileage, low maintenance, and cheap-ass parts

why the fuck would you for anything more?

what is the advantage of a forged insurance card?

won't get tickets for not having insurance

well unless they ever run the numbers and find out they're fake