timejob9.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what do the numbers on it mean

>Oldsmobile badge on the console
You should be able to figure it out my friend

>What happened to the big S T I C C?
They made the gearboxes lighter to use.
Shorter sticks are also quicker.

442 is a performance package on the Oldsmobile Cutlass. It stands for 4 barrel carb, 4 speed manual transmision, dual exhaust.

old porsches had the big one. almost as big as a trucks

i always wondered because it had a linkage anyway, why it was placed so far forward?

My points still stand
Modern gearboxes are lighter, short sticks are quicker.

The Beetle also had a long one. So long the 3th gear is between your passengers leg. Too bad the one time I drove one, I only had male passengers.

do FR cars have shorter shifts? Seeing as the selector is directly on top of the box I feel like it can be more precise. I wonder if FF/RR cars need more throw to help differentiate the gear selection/take out linkage backlash

i know they're completely different vehicles/applications, but my 05 lancer has a rather short, positive gear throat, but my 06 jeep had a fairly long throw that felt like stirring soup... but that was a jeep, so it was a heap of shit anyway... not sure if that completely unscientific, totally anecdotal evidence, that only compares 2 out of thousands of different cars helps, but it IS a comparison of an ff and a vehicle with the stick on top of the box..

Transmissions got bigger, floorpans got lower. Now everybody loves the short-throw meme. If they even drive a standard that is.

That's what it originally stood for, anyway, and was written 4-4-2; within a couple years the 442 had become its own model separate from the Cutlass (and the Hurst/Olds) with an auto tranny as an option (including the snazzy Hurst Dual-Gate).

Shit, forgot image. Goddamn just look at that, with that classy raised Rocket emblem and all. Makes my dick rock hard, I tell you hwat.

>What happened to the big S T I C C?
Not sure, but it pisses me off they left.

That's not stock

Is that a tach cable routed through the hole where the column shift was? Nice.

Yes.
Ya, seemed like a good use of that hole.

how spartan

>footprint gas pedal
Why this when you wear shoes to drive?

Oh fuck I had a pair of those for a year. They were nice to drive in but I felt like an ultimate sperg/twelve years old.

pistol grips a best. im probably going to use a glass door knob though

Only loosely related, but what oil do you guys run in your older brass synchro transmissions?
I've been using multitrac for the last year. It really quickened up the shifting over the old gear lube it had before.

>that dial radio tuner

aesthetic as fuck

Not enuf sticcs.

I want to know what happened to the rubber accordion style shifter boot. Looks so much better than the leather scrotum that's so popular today.

People no longer lean back when sitting in their cars.
Now they drive like cucks sitting close to the steering wheel

redline gl4 75w90

How do you like it? Some people say a synthetic oil doesn't let the synchro rings work as well as they could.

my gf's parents just got an almost new red Buick Regal GS only from working off a laptop.
see more......timejob9.com/

Synthetic works fine as long as you watch the GL specifications.
Newer trans use gl5
Brass synchros need GL3 or 3/4

Pic is my sticchole

thats a man baby