Used Fiat 500

a decent option for a commuter car? 100 miles a day

not unless you like sitting on the side of the freeway

yes

nice meme ford shill

Well anything is a decent commuter car. Go for it if you don't give a damn about cars.

i just want something with decent mpg & stylish enough that my wife will be fine driving once in a while. the cheap asian cars in this price range are fairly embarrassing

you know main issues of the early 500s? all ive heard is look for rust around sunroof (if it has a sunroof). i also heard the clutches are dogshit ?

Only worth it if you get an Abarth

Otherwise you'd be better off getting a 2014+ Mazda 3, they can be had for like under $10k and get the best mileage in its class outside of hybrids

My commute is about 50 miles, I have seen about five fiat 500s in the last year where I live. 3 of them were on the side of the highway during my commute.

im in the same position actually and im thinking of going with the 2.5l mazda3. im not sure if you're new to the long commute game but comfort should be way high on your list of needs

im a mazda shill actually

abarth is a really harsh ride -- and prob not ideal for much of any winter commutes in Metro Detroit

what year 3 has best value/stylist ratio?

2014 or newer, older gen Mazda 3s were trashy rust buckets

>im a mazda shill actually
>implying there's a difference

They are noisy and feel like a tin can, and also not reliable at all. You can get an Abarth and have a fun daily but it will still be hard to live with. Or get a Fiesta with the 5 speed manual and call it good.

ahh too expensive. clean fiat 500 is going to be 5k-6k at most

Literally the most unreliable new vehicle sold in the United States

What this guy said, I also recommend going for at least the touring since it's not much more expensive than the base model. The new civic hatch is also a good choice. it's pretty ugly imo though

Fucking cuck holy shit. Just ask her what she would want instead.

For that price you could probably get an 8th gen Accord
Still very fuel efficient and reliable, but it's far more spacious and comfortable. The car also holds up very well to wear and tear, my family has had one for like 10 years now and have no intentions of letting it go

kys

There's still some pretty good choices in that range. Take a look at the sticky

>embarrassing
Yet you're considering a car that's given to spoiled teenage girls whose fathers secretly hope they rear-end a semi and die in it

terrible, terrible option
get a lexus ct-200h and thank me later

oh and before you bitch about
>boo hoo lexus expensive lexus maintenance expensive
it's a prius so there's almost no maintenance and nothing breaks, and if it does just go to the toyota dealer instead of lexus
used cars get cheaper, i assume you're aware. first year ct-200h's are just now hitting ten grand

I really like mine

Aren't 500 horribly unreliable?

The non-Abarths are. The Abarth has the only reliable engine Fiat makes

Ah, thx

the engine is reliable, it's what's in the fiat124, but everything else breaks (especially electrical shit) and the transmission is glass

Transmission can take up to about 250hp u wot

>Transmission can take up to about 250hp
one time, lel

fiats are a ball of dung and lose value similarly

Im calling bullshit. I've not heard of that before.

yeah that's sick but i don't have 10-11 grand to blow on an efficient car to drive to work

really? that sucks. they seem pretty low tech. what electrical shit prone to breaking

in terms of raw power yes but they're kind of like the old honda automatics that would slowly go to shit

like everything. expect to replace alternators yearly

He's full of shit and meme'ing. Prowl the internet, that's not a common problem.

Are you talking about automatic transmission? Does the abarth come in auto?

Why would you do that.

no i mean similar death throws
that's what i had surmised, browsing around about people who had tuned their abarths, that in addition to blowing up was 250hp they'll just die on their own

Thanks for reminding me these existed

This is objectively wrong. On the forums is a small crunch engaging reverse which is a synchro issue and a few cars that were faulty early in the us production run.

Saying that the transmission will just explode is extremely hyperbolic. These transmissions have existed for about 30 years now, they're fine. If you're going above 250, that's almost 100 more horsepower than these cars come from the factory with. Read a book.

we know faggot

underrated.

very comfy user

I'd rear-end them with a semi if you know what I'm saying

holy kek

this honestly

JESUS CHRIST HOW FUCKUGLY

will be pretty tough to find a clean 2008 Accord sedan with under 120k miles anywhere near price range