Car got flood damaged by hurricane Irma while I was away on business. Have to get another car by the 3rd...

Car got flood damaged by hurricane Irma while I was away on business. Have to get another car by the 3rd, and I've narrowed it down to pic related. Price on each vehicle is not an issue, but for those that are curious, the Optima is going for $12k, the Legacy GT for $9k, and the CTS for $8k. Which do I get and why?

Personally, I am leaning towards the Subaru, but have never owned any of these brands before and am interested to hear what Veeky Forums thinks.

>Optima
No. Gookshit is a NO GO.

I'd honestly get the subaru. Mostly due to repair costs on caddies.

I'm thinking the same thing. The Kia is only an option because the price point + year and mileage, but I'm thinking the Subaru. Only thing about it is some small dents that appear to be hail damage, but they aren't too obvious our major.

I'd take the Subaru or the Caddy over the Optima. 2.5GT Subaru? Manual?
3.6 Cadillac?

if the optima isn't CPO i wouldn't bother.

Vapemachine is for your boyracing fantasies, Caddy is for /comfy/ highway cruising. which one?

Cadi is the 3.6, the Subaru is the 2.5 GT, but both an autotragic unfortunately. Same goes for the Optima, all are automatic. I can drive standard, but not well enough that I'm confident on the road. I was considering getting an '05 Colorado that was a standard just so I could learn and get good, but the whole thing stank of cigarettes and the mileage was too high.

CTS was comfy af, but unfortunately it's got a lot of details that are pretty out of shape. Small dents, scratches, and the wheel is worn down pretty good, chrome faded away, cadi badge beat up. None of these are deal breakers, but considering the shape of the other vehicles it doesn't sway me toward it. Also, cost of maintenance is purportedly pretty high.

sounds like the caddy has been thrashed. Some nog probably turned 18, walked down to the local dealer, and was set up with a modest loan of 18% interest with payments of $550 a month, at which point they defaulted and the car was repoed, but not after >MUH REPARATIONS N SHEEEIT.
I'm not a fan of Subies, but if you really think you can use the AWD (harsh winters, aggressive driving), I'd go for that.

Kia would be my bland commutermobile, since I assume it'll be cheaper.

Why spend $12k on a used optima when they're like $15k new?

Go for the Legacy GT user, they're wonderful to drive.

I had an 08 model Liberty until recently and it was such a beautiful car to drive. I was commuting a lot as well, so the CVT actually works when it's doing what it was designed for. If you're looking for something to have a bit of fun with though the CVT is a pain in the ass sometimes and overall a little laggy, even when shifting in sports mode. Have a reasonable mechanic as well and servicing will cost no more than any other car.

Overall it's a really good car, but I can't speak on the other two. Just giving my two cents from my experience. It's got a fucking great nighttime interior too, the red is super comfy for highway driving or general nighttime rides.

Speed 6?

cash or financing?

Not with that reliability and parts availability

Financing, going to put a little down, maybe $1k though

are you not getting any money from insurance totaling the old car?

realistically, go for the lesbian fuccboyracer vapemachine unless there's some obvious maintenance issues on it. Then go for the Optima.

I think this is what I'm going to do desu desu

Most will go to paying off my be previous vehicle, only a little bit will go to my pocket. Ultimately inconsequential.

>being this poor
Just kys.

Tbh you should get something closer to 6-8k if you're that broke and not be looking at 12k optimas.

I picked up a 2010 Accord coupe 2.4L about a year ago with 60k miles on it in great condition for $7500 USD from a dealer, why not look into something like that? The 2.4L gets 25-26mpg thrashing it around town and it has a 7.2k redline, pretty fun for a DD.

Seems like you want a midsize but you're poor and 2 of the 3 you picked are special snowflake gas guzzlers (the cts and legacy) that'll have above average maintenance costs.

>Poor
>Implying

Top kek, I'm not showering in cash, but I'm not a poorfag either, I don't know where this came from. I have a full time job and I make over $40,000 a year, and that's with limited college.

I like financing because it builds credit, and while I'm still pretty young it helps out a lot. None of these cars are outside of my price range at all. Thanks for the input though.

You shouldn't finance less than 10k. Get a clean stock g37 with a manual for

What do you think about the Lexus SC430?

It's just become an option as well.

Pigfat trash. Ls430 is good though.

What's wrong with the Optima in your opinion? Just curious. You're saying it's cheap Chinese shit, but isn't Kia in general considered one of the more reliable companies, also offering 7 years of warranty, at least in Europe?

So lets see, Legacy, small hail damage and do you even need all-wheel drive? Ugly interior to boot.

Caddy has been ill taken care of and treated like a stolen car.

Meanwhile a clean Kia with luxury like amenities and baller sun roof gets passed over? Ok.

I literally make like the same as you at 44k
I ended up financing a used Fiesta ST 42k miles, 12k usd.

Just get a good rate. Depending on your credit and given its a used car, you should be getting something like 8-10% on a 48 month finance. Thats about average in the US for a used vehicle.
You'll be fine if you are managing your finances right. I still put away 500 a month into savings after all of my bills are done and paid for, along with going out to eat, movies, etc.

If I were you I'd go with the Optima. Severely undervalued brand for what it gives you. In a few years, we'll be looking at Kia the same way we look at Honda today. Kia is viewed out now like the Japanese cars were in the 70s.

optima my guy

none of these

get a fucking e90 with an n52. trust

they're more reliable than anything you've listed

WRX for the meme