/ovg/ - new thread edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. FUCKING READ IT FOR FUCKS SAKES All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Discord link:
>discord.gg/hXmJrJr

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing ARCA and AC on Weekends! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1508942814784.webm
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=536213780
mega.nz/#F!6YFzBJ6B!1GdosyDl2qU4Tbl2H7jUSg
mega.nz/#F!lwJikAIB!sAZgvPBap1uwaOOSYbXbSQ
mega.nz/#F!ZwIAgKjT!UpMh_H7r_2opLQhc04qmOw
youtube.com/watch?v=-zPXLdJcZA0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post you driving good /ovg/

>AC """""""night"""""""" time
ew

reminder, AE86 ahvenisto is today

Does anyone of you rfagtors in /ovg/ play rallyworld? I just got most of the categories downloaded, wanted to play Group B since it had the Nissan 240RS, but the textures are all fucked and I spent a day trying to find a patch for it. Anyone know how to fix this problem in picrelated
Also if anyone wants the installers for rallyworld4 I can upload them some where or drop the MEGA links from the dumb members only italian website

5th for RR3

>join WAT1

Can you upload hentai to gran autismo sport yet?

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1508942814784.webm

8th for funny random races at Richmond

no and you won't be for a long, long time

Read thumbnail as "Chads at every corner".

still relevant

i wish i could make tracks for a real racing game instead of Rust v0.02

is this too cartoonishly aggressively banked side to side? are these turns too tight? i dont even wanna begin on off-track geometry or on-track detailing until this like 2 meters or w/e of road is absolutely perfect and sets a standard of what is acceptable for the rest of it

please note that the part in obvious gray/orange dev textures will probably have a grippy natural sufrace later, like gravel or tamped dirt. the pressed concrete and poured concrete will remain level accross their widths wherever that material is used and only be not level to change elevation, unlike the dev textured bit thats all waverly

Retired from the US Army where I was a Dustoff medic, and an Equal Opportunity instructor. Watching racing of almost any type (but primarily NASCAR) and iRacing are about the only 2 things I do to relieve stress and keep my head from exploding, so for goodness sake-there is no need to yell!

I am a red head who is married to another woman. She happens to be my crew chief, and race team "owner". The team (which has no other members...lol) is called Dominatrix Motorsports and when I'm starting on the front row she calls me "Pole Dancer" ;)

I'm generally a mid-pack racer who tries hard to keep it clean (the racing, I mean ;P) and expect the same. If I should wreck you I will apologize. If its your bad, please consider doing the same. I will respect that. I'm trying hard to learn setups but have a long way to go but, unfortunately, not a lot of free time to get there! If you want to share... it helps me to compare what others are doing to what I'm doing. (thank you in advance if you do!)

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand /ovg/. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical vehicular physics most of the jokes will go over a typical shitposters head. There's also GT Sport shills nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from doriftu manga literature, for instance. The tripfags understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about CORNERING. As a consequence people who dislike /ovg/ truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in GT Sport shills existencial catchphrase "buy GT Sport," which itself is a cryptic reference to Shuichi Shigeno's Japanese epic "Initial D" I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as
POWERRRRRRR's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have an /ovg/tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 0.5 seconds of my pace (preferably slower) beforehand.

lel i have raced against her once in trucks. She sounds like she smokes 4 packs a day

also, reminder that daylight saving thing happened today, so it's relatively earlier for some. 8:00 utc

Kurwa

What /ovg/ series we need to bring back?

We need an rf1 series, or some other game that's easy to pirate. I just wanna race against 40 people.

Well we still have arca

Για να είμαστε δίkαιοι, πρέπει να έχετε πολύ υψηλό IQ για να kαταλάβετε το / ovg /. Το χιούμορ είναι εξαιρετιkά λεπτό, kαι χωρίς μια σταθερή αντίληψη της θεωρητιkής φυσιkής των οχημάτων τα περισσότερα από τα αστεία θα περάσουν πάνω από το τυπιkό kεφάλι των shitposters. Υπάρχει επίσης kαι μηδενιστιkή άποψη των Forza shills, η οποία είναι επιδέξια υφασμένη στο χαραkτηρισμό της - η προσωπιkή της φιλοσοφία αντλεί έντονα από τη φιλοσοφία doriftu μάνγkα, για παράδειγμα. Τα tripfags kαταλαβαίνουν αυτά τα πράγματα. έχουν την πνευματιkή ιkανότητα να εkτιμούν πραγματιkά τα βάθη αυτών των αστείων, να συνειδητοποιήσουν ότι δεν είναι απλώς αστεία- λένε kάτι βαθύ για τίς στροφές.

Ως εk τούτου, οι άνθρωποι που αντιπαθούν το /OVG/ πραγματιkά είναι ηλίθιοι - φυσιkά δεν θα εkτιμούσαν, για παράδειγμα, το χιούμορ των Forza shills, το "αγοράστε το Forza 7", το οποίο είναι μια kρυπτιkή αναφορά στο ιαπωνιkό έπος του Shuichi Shigeno "Initial D ".Γελάω τώρα φανταζόμενος μόνο έναν από αυτούς τους kαθυστερημένους βλάkες να γρατσουνάει το kεφάλι του με σύγχυση, kαθώς
Η μεγαλοφυία του POWERRRRRR ξεδιπλώνεται στις οθόνες του υπολογιστή του. Τι ανόητοι ... πώς τους λυπάμαι. Και ναι επι την ευkαιρία, έχω ένα / ovg / τατουάζ. Και όχι, δεν μπορείτε να το δείτε. Είναι μόνο για τα μάτια των kυριών. - Αkόμη kαι τότε πρέπει να αποδείξουν ότι kοντά σε 0,5 δευτερόλεπτα από το ρυθμό μου (kατά προτίμηση πιο αργά) εk των προτέρων.

To be fair, you must understand the best III / ovg / reader. Therefore, they will not enjoy / not / ovg / fools Original - really like, for example, saying jokes Forza sng "Forza 7 Buy", which is the owner of the Japanese hero "syucy sgynu first D" Sorry, I thought a mix of easy way of confusion
The boldness of the POWERRRRRRR is launched on your computer screen. What the fool did wrong with him, how, i / ovg / tattoo. No, you can not see it. This is only for women's eyes - so, they must be in the middle of the clock to 0.5 seconds (maybe slightly).

Touring cars

So, for example, for the Forza Sng "Forza 7 Buyer", the Japanese hero "syucy sgynu first D" Please, I think comparing simple sentences
The power of the POWERRRRR will continue on the computer. How can a fool fool him, how do i / ov / tattoo. No, you can not see it. small) in the center of the clock.

"r/simracing"? Only a plebeian worm such as yourself would engage in browsing threads of such a sad and idiotic subreddit. Unlike you low IQ apes, I please my optical sensors with only the finest of entertainment. I'll bet that you're inquiring as to what source of entertainment I am referring to. Although I don't expect you to comprehend it, the thread in question is "/ovg/". You see, the humor is vastly superior to that of "r/simracing". First of all "r/simracing" relies heavily on improvisional shilling, while the intellectual shitposting of "/ovg/" is scripted and well thought out before being presented to an audience. Second of all "r/simracing" is extremely unfaithful to its source material (the Assetto Corsa forums, for you simpletons) while "/ovg/" is just as good if not better than browsing "Pretend Race Cars". I could go on and on about how "r/simracing" is vastly inferior to "/ovg/" but I highly doubt that you have the mental capability to process such logic. So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to pour a glass of brandy whilst I redigest the latest thread drama of "/ovg/" so I can make an entry about it to the "/ovg/" wiki. Hopefully, I can forget about ever having the displeasure of interacting with you. Sigh... How tedious.

then you want a stolen GSCE GT3 mod

kys
all of you

/ovgt3/ or /ovgtbtcc/

Get Kraid to set up a gt3 series on automobilista now that the game can be pirated

>automobilista

anyone know how to fix that shit this guy has? have the same problem with one of my mods

the absolute state of /ovg/

Why would you want another fucking shift2k guy?

so this place is does not look like a 100% hugbox circlejerk

don't do this Instead do two things.

1.) Pick a "home course" it will be your one track that you will mostly memorize, ideally it has lot of twist and turns. Your goal is to take the "rally" component out and instead focus on getting a feel for the car, the driving physics, pick 1-2 corners and go through them 50-100 times, try different things breaking, throttle turn in and so on, until you start to get a feel for what you actually have to do to make the car behave in the manner you want it.

Step 2.) The rally component. Learn pace notes and learn to interpret what the co driver is telling you quickly.
You don't memorize each track, that is not in the rally spirit instead try to get to grips with your co driver and let his directions help guide you.
Open a random youtube video with dirt rally. Take a pen and paper or just close your eyes.
Listen to the audio but don't look at the video and as the co driver is giving call outs either mentally imagine the directions and build a course in your head or draw a line on the paper.

If you are doing the paper version then you must get the direction right 100% of the time and the turn severity withing +/-1.

So if it says right 4 and you draw a right 3 it's fine, you need the general idea.

If you are doing the mental image one then stuff like gates, bad camber, crests and jumps all of those things need to be pictured as well.

At the end review the video for what your imagined track is compared to the real deal.

The big factor of being able to go fast in a rally is to quickly and accurately imagine what the co driver is telling you is coming up. The other part is being actually able to make the car do what you want.

These two steps should help greatly for newbie rally drivers.

Please join my series

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=536213780

>so this place is does not look like a 100% hugbox circlejerk
I don't see how a faggot spamming his retarded webms and videos is going to fix that

>Full of ogc/funnymen
>James

No

y-you tttoo

what did ogc ever do to you

dw he wasn't planning on joining anyway because he has a small penis

They exist
They shill their shitty discord
They shitpost the thread
Fuck off ogc

anyone can post a link to the ac dlc unlocker?
i've tried everything but i can't seem to find it

Newfags gonna new

he said, not playing

>becomes a games developer
>plays bass guitar in a rock band
>slays mad pussy
>all while sending his blind followers here to terrorize us
SJ truly won in the end.

Would /turnleft/ 4 in original NASCAR heat work well?

no

A different game won't teach people not to wreck each other every other corner

The cars don't spin as easy when a shitter rams you and it has arcade physics. I'd be surprised if these shitters can fuck that up

I wouldn't be

mega.nz/#F!6YFzBJ6B!1GdosyDl2qU4Tbl2H7jUSg

gt6 race in 5 mins
get in here

What about the classic indycars in pcars 2?

That would be even better but not enough people have pc2

And you think people DO have some obscure shitty nascar game?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand /ovg/. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical vehicular physics most of the jokes will go over a typical shitposters head. There's also Forza shills nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from doriftu manga literature, for instance. The tripfags understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about CORNERING. As a consequence people who dislike /ovg/ truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Forza shills existencial catchphrase "buy Forza 7," which itself is a cryptic reference to Shuichi Shigeno's Japanese epic "Initial D" I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as
POWERRRRRRR's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have an /ovg/tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 0.5 seconds of my pace (preferably slower) beforehand.

Nascar Heat has rather arcadey physics and bumping is less destructive, I haven't played in a very long time but I remember it being possible to correct big slides and most tracks where the cars get light on exit are very stable in Heat. It would make for a good multiplayer experience but how many people are allowed to race at once, 16?

>obscure
ASRX is far more obscure than Heat

This might require extracting the texture files for the car and resaving them as a .dds with a different DXT type, however, try opening the launcher and make absolutely sure you have DirectX 9 selected as the renderer and that the texture quality on the player car is set to full.

It does kind of look like you might be using the wrong renderer from your screenshot --the lighting is not as detailed and the transparent tree textures have weird artifacts around them, though that may simply be the track and your texture settings.

ae86 in 1 hour 15 min

also, there are people on the server right now, practicing. feel free to join, ahvenisto is worth practicing and cool kids are getting sick times

>Obscure
The absolute state of /ovg/
It's free and what
said

Sorry, if it's not a Hamilton family product (PCars, GT Sport) then it's not approved for /ovg/.

I'm new to racing games and I've been learning to drift, what do you guys think?

Ayyyyyyy you son of a bitch, resaving it and changing the DXT worked. Saved it to DXT 5 which probably over did the compression a bit since its 5mb now but all well. Thanks based user
But I think the lighting has to do with the nurburgring tack and maybe the enb. Might take a look at the textures and see if i can fix them too, but as of now my game is set to DX9, thanks again

And if anyone cares heres the links to RallyWorld 4
mega.nz/#F!lwJikAIB!sAZgvPBap1uwaOOSYbXbSQ
mega.nz/#F!ZwIAgKjT!UpMh_H7r_2opLQhc04qmOw

i miss shift2k guy

9 mins to AE86 race

Pfft... watch this.

is there anything more blatantly homosexual than indy cars

Nascar

everything about that UI

Formula 1

>didn't catch it
Who cares

>all the good /ovg/ members get chased out
Why does it have to be like this?

lmao

Is this real?

I want to see the original post.

People on the forum said they're boycotting until bugs are fixed/e-sports is implemented.

kys newfag

DELETE

you do realize you can make pretty realistic cars in garrys mod right?
like there is an actual community centered around building vehicles like cars tanks n shit
you can make some pretty nice shit because everything you do is from scratch and with the right skills you can make pretty well handling cars
look up ACF

>e-sports are implemented

Why not just play GT Sport?

Because GT Sport is a barren wasteland.

Pcars2 has less than 200 cars too m8, I agree GT Sport is missing a ton of tracks though.

Why didn't Laguna, Spa, Monza etc. make it back to the franchise? Retarded IMO.

realism is the cancer killing video games

DLC

then go play your crappy arcade racer in the special boi room

I'm praying that it's free like GT6.

Hi /v/

they dont make good arcade racers anymore because they try to inject realism

no u

i agree

There aren't nearly as many bugs as people are implying. I'd say there are 1.5 legitimate problems with pCars 2 at the moment.

>AI
>Online Racing

In our beta patch builds, the AI is mostly fixed. I really don't think it's any different to rF2 or R3E. Obviously shit like Formula One in the snow won't work but that should be a given.

In testing we never encountered the online stuff people are dealing with because we held proper online events like a mock league. That means a dedicated server, and everyone joins the lobby prior to launching the session. Never experienced any of the netcode/lag people are complaining about.

I believe what's happening with pCars 2 is similar to NASCAR 09 public lobbies on the Xbox 360. Some kid with a shit Wal-Mart connection hosts a room and it can't handle more than like, five cars.

youtube.com/watch?v=-zPXLdJcZA0

What people SHOULD be mad at is the absence of online leagues like was advertised. I still don't know when these are coming.

>shitters
>good
stop this shit meme

>If I say some negative things people won't think I'm a shill

>3 abreast back straight
>ended like expected

nothing personnel, kids

Number of F1 World Champions endorsing rFactor: 0
Number of F1 World Champions endorsing Forza: 0
Number of F1 World Champions endorsing Assetto Corsa: 0
Number of F1 World Champions endorsing Project CARS: 0

Number of F1 World Champions endorsing GT Sport: 1

Why aren't you playing the clear winner?