Redpill me on the pulsar GTI-R Veeky Forums. Amerifat here that plans on importing one from Japan...

redpill me on the pulsar GTI-R Veeky Forums. Amerifat here that plans on importing one from Japan. How much can I expect to pay for one barring import costs as I already have a 3rd party to take care of that.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Pulsar#GTI-R
google.com/search?q=pulsar gtir
trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-1451211900.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

super cool but all normies will think you're either a faggot ricerboi or autistic

It'd be more if you went through Japanese classics

Import a couple spare trannies while you're at it.

idgaf about normies
thats actually cheaper than what I was expecting. whats the mileage on that one?
yeah i hear they have glass trannys

For starters, there was no Pulsar GTI-R. There was just the Pulsar NX. And you don't want one. Total and complete shitbox. And it's not even a utilitarian shitbox with 4 seats and a hatch, it's a 2 seater. On the 2nd gen (and there were only 2 gens for a reason), there was an optional abomination of a hatch that you could actually replace the trunk lid with, but those are pretty goddamned rare.

That said, if for some seriously fucked up reason you just have to have a Pulsar, after your stint in the mental institution, when you get out, find the one with the hatch. At least you'll be able to put shit in it.

>there was no Pulsar GTI-R

wrong

>For starters, there was no Pulsar GTI-R.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Pulsar#GTI-R

Don't give a fuck what Wikipedia says (one of you probably just changed it), I was around when Pulsars were new. There was never a GTI-R, there was only the NX, and it was a 2 seater.

google.com/search?q=pulsar gtir

yep
changed the whole internet just for u bud

huh

Probably ~¥900,000 before import fees

>Japan-partner
That price is to the port. You're on your own to get it shipped out.

Perfect 5/7 b8 m8

>actually trying to use the "Wikipedia can be edited by anyone" argument
wew senpai

seems about right. thanks desu. ended up browsing a bunch of boards instead of waiting on a response here.

>Amerifat
>redpill me on the pulsar GTI-R
Transverse-mounted SR20DET. It's fairly nose-heavy and needs premium fuel. Do not cheap out here. It isn't a KA24 and wasn't built to be idiot-proof. Also parts will be difficult to come by, so be ready to pay extra for this. A lot of shit's going to need to be replaced too, since it's a 25-year old WRC special.

It's an import from Japan, not Thailand.

>yeah i hear they have glass trannys
It's the WRX tranny story (as well as the SR20 story) all over again. It's not the most durable thing, but it isn't going to blow up if you look at it wrong. The trouble is that it wasn't built with constant abuse in mind and sikk eBay mawds.

Shitty rustbucket.

I pay premium on my sw20 currently so I'm used to that. I forget it being a rarity parts will be expensive.

i might plan on upping the boost just a bit, but keeping everything else stock. Good to know that the glass tranny thing is overblown.

>needs premium fuel

Why is this ever a problem in America? Murrican premium still costs three times less than our non-premium.

im in the same boat, OP, except im looking to get an evo III. what resources are you using regarding actually finding one?

fuck off tyler

japanese classics are a bunch of niggers.

theyre trying to jack the prices up exponentially and when you question any of the details that dont reimburse how great of a seller they are or literally anything but a drool comment towards the car they delete and block those users.

cancer

japanese niggers

My co-worker has this car

Are their any alternatives to them?

>EXA model is life
I'd take that over a GTIR personally.

good specs. light weight and powerful. probably will have head gasket issues and transmission issues if my past experiences with nissans is anything to go by and when you need to get parts it will be utter hell.

That's kinda the point of that car, I belive

People also traveled back in time and changed the production line in the nineties.

I've heard clutch replacements require dropping out the subframe.

Also they're super cheap over here. It might not be subtly modified but that's still a good price.

trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-1451211900.htm

Pic is slightly relevant.