Get an extra week of vacation given to me last year

>get an extra week of vacation given to me last year
>HR is in charge of loading each employee's allotment of vacation days into the system
>they forget to give me my extra week
>I'm busy with work and real life and forget about the extra week of vacation
>going through my old emails
>wait a minute, they owe me an extra week of vacation from last year
>talk to HR about getting that extra week this year or just paying me an extra week's worth of salary
>too bad so sad, user. It's 100% your fault for not noticing the error by year end even though we in HR uploaded the wrong amount of vacation days

I'm pretty pissed off. My coworkers and bosses are pretty cool - it's just HR being a problem. I don't want to do anything drastic but I don't want to to sit here and let myself be screwed. So what should I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

wtop.com/social-media/2016/04/half-employers-check-job-seekers-social-media-survey-finds/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you should try r9k

Look for another job, ask a bit more pay with reference to your current one. Run hamster, run!

Probably what I'm going to have to do. I may bluff and turn in my resignation since we have one person in the department who just resigned and one that will be out for 3 months on sick leave. The loss of a third person will be crippling and is the strongest leverage I have.

Ask your direct manager(s) to speak to HR on your behalf. They should be able to convince them it's cheaper to give you what you're owed than to search, hire, and train a replacement if you leave.

Do it. Fuck HR

>work at major engineering firm
>our team is looking for an experienced hire
>find a guy that went to MIT and worked for the government with glowing recommendations but most importantly he had years of experience in the system we needed
>extend him an offer
>he accepts
>just need HR to clear him
>HR lady: ewww, he has no social media pages. That means he isn't a good team worker and may be a sociopath!
>my boss: 95% of our work is done individually - we just have weekly department meetings to assign everyone's tasks/goals for the week
>HR lady: ya, naw, you can't hire him
>had to settle for a fresh grad with no experience
>6 months later he still isn't up to speed and we just give him all the busy work

Is it a requirement that HR people need to fuck everything up?

>bluffing about changing jobs
awful tactic if you intend to stay for any length of time

HR isn't your friend. They don't give a shit about you.

move on

hr is a fake job

Talk with your boss, maybe he can talk to HR in a better position than you.

>HR lady: ewww, he has no social media pages. That means he isn't a good team worker and may be a sociopath!

Surely this can't be possible? Even the most normie women can't be that vile

>You might think keeping your social media profiles private is the safe move, but that doesn’t seem like a good idea either: 41 percent of the managers surveyed say they’re less likely to interview someone they can’t find online.
>It’s not just job-seekers who have to be careful — 41 percent of employers said they use social networks to keep an eye on their current workers, and 32 percent use search engines. And 26 percent say they‘ve found something there that led them to reprimand or fire a worker.

Social media was a mistake.

wtop.com/social-media/2016/04/half-employers-check-job-seekers-social-media-survey-finds/

>buddy friended the cool people at his job
>sent an invite to a party on Saturday to his cool coworkers
>Monday comes
>gets called into HR
>gets reprimanded for not inviting everyone which creates an "exclusionary and divisive office"

Remember: never friend coworkers.

here in california that is legally owed to you.

i dont believe this happened. no explanation about this situation just a link to a news site.

Ask your boss about it.

What you are describing is literally wage theft.

I don't usually advocate causing waves in the work place but this is a clear cut case of you getting fucked. Print up all the emails, all the evidence and bring it before HR. Even better if you can get an e-mail correspondense with HR because then you have a written record of them saying they are screwing you.

Again, I would take the case before your boss as well as HR.

If they do not fix this I would contact the labor department and maybe even a lawyer.

Furthermore it ticks me off as the HR people are generally leaches with too much power anyway.

> Be me
> Be smart and hard worker
> No social media whatsoever

Lol HR really is a cancer that needs to be culled.

HR made a mistake and should honor your vacation.

If they refuse have your boss make the case on your behalf. If they till refuse go to the Department of Labor and send them a ticket with the email backup and HR telling you they won't honor it.

The last thing anyone wants is the DOL breathing down their neck.

file a complaint with the labor board. search your local labor commissioners office

There is only one legitimate case in which this is a thing and that is if the job/company is journalism or something like that, it shows you have no clue on media. Problem is that journalists are autistic and have no clue that other people are in other careers, according to them the only jobs out there are journalist jobs so their content reflects that.

If it isn't written in the job description, it's discrimination and you can fight them especially if you lose the job over it.

Anyway, if you're fearful of this just make pages under your name and make it nice, just never log into it again.