Why do you budget Veeky Forums?

Why do you budget Veeky Forums?
What drives you?

Paying for my last semester of grad school while renovating the kitchen and bathroom in prep for a move.

Finance takes my mind off suicide for a while until it doesn't

Financial freedom, meng. That's the one and only goal for all of this. Just keep buying income streams.

Because I am aiming for financial independence and not being a wagecuck for the rest of my life.

How's that going for you?

I'm 18, I've only just started. Been going well, should be able to have a house deposit ready by three 2021. How about you?

ignore the "three"

I don't budget I just don't buy much stuff.

I must not have the consumer gene because spending money makes me feel terrible. Maybe I'm Jewish.

>Maybe I'm Jewish
It's a financial genetic gift.

I don't budget.

I attempt at every opportunity to dissuade myself from buying shit, berate myself for buying shit that wasn't worth it, and default to not giving myself opportunities to waste money places.

For Financial Independence, every dollar invested is $.04/year of future wealth or more per year. And investing is soooo satisfying. Owning a Ford? Costly, depreciates, requires gas, insurance, taxes and registration fees. Owning Ford stock? That pays off >5% per year in dividends, possible stock growth, etc. Owning 100k of stocks means 3-5k in dividends depending on the companies.

And I'm up to 230k in assets. So if I just wanted to have minimum wage income per year, I'm more than halfway there... without working.

Also, powerful means of giving value to your money? Consider the after tax-costs of purchases.

"Hmm, I make $35 per hour, but after taxes and bullshit that's ~$20, and my fast food garbage meal is going to cost me 1/2 an hour of my time, on top of the 15 minutes it'll take to receive, and the 10 minutes to drive to the place...

or...
I could buy ingredients and enjoy fucking homemade burgers and it'll take less time, and I save the difference?"

That's budgeting, just not to the extent that most people think of with the term "budgeting."

Because I have a retirement goal and want to achieve it
Also I hate not having money, even I have a lot more than my expenses require I don't spend it. I guess I make $ to hoard it. I don't live like an extreme cheapskate but I just hate spending money.

I want to buy more guns

more liabilities*

When I stick to a budget plan, I slowly see my savings account build up, which feels nice. When I don't follow a budget, I'm living paycheck to paycheck wondering where in the hell this $1,300 went the past 2 weeks.

give a poor nocoiner some donations
14kufHJL9hAyVYo4AVHW5tQtnueMBaqiLk

Noguns faggot

for smart people, i have x goal

like for me i want to live in another country so i save and i dont live like a mindless american consumer. theyre swine user, dont be a swine

I want to be able to live in a big, yet humble house, with a beautiful qt goth gf, have the option to travel, go to concerts, and have money left over for designer drugs as well as cannabis.

I budget so I have enough money to pay my bar tab on the weekends

Thats the one brother, I hope you reach your goals man

Use Excel and graph your costs. If you visualize your costs you'll think twice before buying shit.
For example you consider buying a PS4, most people just see the price of it and nothing else. "I can afford it, no problem"
What they do not see is:
>costs of games, subscriptions, accessory like a new controller
>electricity expenses, you are going to play a few hours a week with the PS4 on, TV on, sound system on, maybe air conditioner on, lights on
>you are wasting hours in front of the TV instead of working overtime, get some passive income, maybe get a second job (opportunity costs)

I have a whole 'system' working for me. I don't have to think about budgeting. As soon as my salary arrives in my account I have standing orders that transfer most of my money in other accounts.
One account that pays all my bills and expenses (all my bills and expenses!, even stuff you might not consider like costs for the barber once a month, or the coffee to go I sometimes buy for the train ride visiting my parents once a month). I record every penny I spend and readjust my expenses/standing order every month if necessary.
Another account for savings. The money in this account I invest in stocks, bonds, retirement plan and so on. The important thing here is that there is always an emergency fund in cash at disposal. My expenses for six months is always liquid. Every profit I make gets reinvested.
So with the money that is left in the first account (where my salary arrives) I can do whatever I want without thinking about it. Have a nice dinner in a restaurant, a weekend trip, buy some nice clothes and so on. The money that is left at the end of the month I could transfer to one of the other accounts or spend it next months.

Sometimes you don't even realise how much money you saved up in those accounts. This whole system keeps you in check. People tend to spend more money as soon as they get a pay raise without realising that they also raise their monthly costs with their spendings.

>I'm 18

This Goal is "retire" and only do what work if I like it. I think $1M buy 35 is enough. So im 1/5 of the way now.

having lived for 6 years paycheck-to-paycheck it clearly is the better way
that said, the experiences I afforded myself during early 20s were worth it
then again I am to inherit pretty much everything I need