/dsg/ - Dark Souls General

>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

>Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

fromsoftware.jp/pc_en/contact/contact_darksouls.html
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rDaYKnxde3KE2giuGPERdN_a0voME_7c7dyN8MVYNp8/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just let dsg die

Anyone know of any other lewd armour for females other than: Desert Pyro, Black Witch Leggings, Loincloth, Dancer's Leggings?

No u

Or slave knight if you just want skin exposure.

Veeky Forums, where I learned the truth about despair, as will you. There's a reason why this general is the worst hell on earth... Hope. Every man who has ventured here over the centuries has looked up to the light and imagined climbing to freedom. So easy... So simple... And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have died trying. I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I terrorize /dsg/, I will feed its people hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe they can have fun so that you can watch them clamoring over each others' posts. You can watch me shitpost an entire week and when you have truly understood the depth of our autism, we will fulfill 4 Kings user's destiny... We will destroy this general and then, when it is done and /dsg/ is ashes, then you have my permission to die

For what purpose?

We would be better off just becoming /dsg/ - Souls-like General. DeS and DaS basically started their own genre, and there are a lot of games coming out in it, but that can't support their own gen for extended periods of time, such as Nioh.

My favorite Souls like is Dark Souls 2.
It feels so close to being an actual Souls game, but not quite.

Still good attempt. Miyazaki still #1

>attempt to convert shit for /dsg/
>filesize is unreasonably large every time
for fucks sake ffmpeg

>That pic
Oooh, that brings back memories.
Good fucking times.

Ironically, I think Nioh is closer to being a proper Souls game than DaS2.

Just what are you supposed to do in her third phase? I can't find any openings AT ALL and there's AOE damage fucking everywhere all the time

show me your moves!

it's called Webm For Retards and setting the max file size to 3MB
second thing would be reducing resolution

for fucks sake do not touch the bitrate

I'm not an expert on making webms but it helps me to set the minrate maxrate settings along with the qmin and qmax to stay within 3MB

are my spells sugoi, /dsg/ sama?

best i could do

that fucking bitrate jesus christ
file size is 1.12MB, you can get a better looking webm if you used the aforementioned program

>checked out the arena after killing gael
>got invaded by some shira with a bunch of titles attached to her name
>killed her w/e
>moved on to kill midir
>oh right some girl promised me a reward for taking him down
>went back to the church
>only a corpse inside
welp

I want that modded soul dreg. It doesn't matter if each individual one only does a little bleed damage, I want it because it looks cool. more spells should look terrifying. Like "Oh god what sort of unholly magic is this?!" is the thought I want them to think.

slave knight leggings plus shadow top is some good slutwear

Does Dark souls 2 change anything about the enemy's pattern/AI if you go online?

I recently started playing it, I did so offline but then got online as soon as I could and it feels odd because my shots sometimes seem to not connect even if I am in front of them (no clang, nothing as getting air).
And the enemy's tracking too seems a bit too accurate now.
Maybe is just cause I was used to DK1?

Hello, newcomer to the series, I'm aware there is a NG+ mechanic, is there a way to start a character from scratch when you start a new game?

i think ds2 tried to be unique instead of 100% pandering like 3 was and i respect that.
i also think that, while it does have flaws, it's still better than 3.

you done it now
you triggered lucy

Pretty much any time she does something with her black flames she opens herself up for a backstab. Just stay close to her and roll a lot, you'll start to see the openings once you learn her combos.

You have 10 character slots.

>implying i don't have him filtered like any sane person should

Really neat. Is it purely visual?

So you are really a pedophile anime furry haha

I think the best opening is at the end of the attack where she goes invi and shoots out frost then flame. I also see alot of people able to position themselves at the end of the jumping flame attack for a backstab but I never managed to pull it off.

DaS2 was 100% half-assed pandering though. The first director tried to make something unique, and that just got him fired. The guy that replaced him was 100% Bamco's bitch, and just made the shallow, pandering, cash-grab Bamco wanted all along.

None of the games do.

the only pandering thing i got tired of in DS3 was too much artorias/abyss stuff and irithyll being a lazy facelift of Latria

the callbacks to anor londo and izalith were fine and when the game did original stuff like Pontiff or Twin Princes, it did them really well

Like clockwork.

What did he mean by this?

>reply to a topic of discussion in the thread
>durr, like clockwork
Holy shit, Nostradamus, anymore mind-bending predictions, like, I dunno, "the sun will rise tomorrow"?

Skin exposure is preferable but skintight stuff is hot too, thank you

I want to eventually compile a list of the lewdest armour

heh...outskilled

This, I fucking love Artorias but the amount of callback/fanservice of him is just too much.

The high point of my experience with DS3 was when I beat Iudex. DS2 had a problem where a lot of the bosses were overgrown knights, and it was nice to see that be subverted when he transformed into a snek abomination thing. After that I just got saltier and saltier finding more and more "remember this?" stuff.
You're right though, a lot of what was new was quite good. I just wish there was more new and less old.

Honestly though, I find pandering to be one of the worst things to put in a sequel. I fucking hated Pokemon Sun and Moon because of it.

H-he's fast!

>Invade shitty player in Woods
>Plays like shit but has endgame gear
>Starts to lose
>Pulls Avelyn out which shoots 100 bolts at once
>Gives me Blood Loss
>Run to the Ladder and he falls down
>I win
Like what a shitty sub human without friends do you have to be that you hack on PS4 and are dumb enough too lose

Japanese probably

Wait what did sun and moon have?
Haven't played Pokémon in a while after black and white

You know what? I'd like to die to a katana actually hitting me, and not the air a few feet away from me. Is this normal?

I think I invaded this same guy. He was shit and pulled the plug right before his death. Was he wearing the Catarina helmet,by any chance?

Which zone is best to start with in DK2? I tried going to forest of the giants but it seems an endless walk filled with nothing but trashy mob that keep following you, it seems it was made just for padding, like the infinite random encounters you had in all JRPG for around 20 years, ah, maybe that explains why enemies respawn when using the bonfire.

Yes.

Dlc loincloth is better than slave knight legs imo. Works well with both shadow garb and the leather chest if you want a slightly longer skirt.

Is it weird that I played DS3 first and DS2 second and I still find DS2 captivating and fun? I honestly feel like DS2 is more difficult since you can't hop while locking on.

Not that guy, but I can tell you it was a linear clusterfuck of unskippable cutscenes and handholding.
The only pandering I can remember was the return of Red and Blue,"Oak's cousin" who is just a brown Professor Oak, the mention of Kanto and inclusion of lots of first gen Pokemon. Again.

Has there been any optimization or performance updates for the game since the Ringed City dropped for PC?

I uninstalled it straight away because it was shitting on my rig despite it being more than enough.

Set prerendered frames to 1 in nvidia control panel, for regular and vr

>more than enough
not much but your gpu/cpu drivers can also influence the game performance

Is there any horned helm in DS3 that looks like this or my best bet is millwod helm?

Hand holding? And unskippable shit?
Wow that's dumb.

is the silver knight spear any good?

>References are pandering
Bullshit like the Lordvessel, the 4 Lord Souls and the biggest insult Old Dragonslayer in Dark Souls 2 are the biggest pandering and cash grab in Souls History.
Dark Souls 3 develops the ideas from 1 in a creative way while 2 is an unoriginal boring and straight up copies zur Bad plot from 1.

That's cruel, user

I just noticed that Gael teleports by using white sign.
Like what the fuck Miyazaki, this is actually cool as hell, it's like Gael forces you to use his white sign to teleport himself.

Vaati already mentioned this in one of his videos.

Never watched lorefags.

tickle her feet
But seriously she's still parryable.
She does long combos, so a shield for protection as you're maintaining distance is preferable.
And she's also vulnerable to backstabs after she does a smash attack.
The trick is just to dodge around the landing so you can end up behind her as she attacks in a different direction.

is it any good though?

Too bad he'll almost never use it because you have no reason to ever distance yourself from him.

God, there are so many parts of Gael's fight that have the potential to be absolutely radical, but then they just never take it anywhere.

Is poorfag still here? Is Pizzafag still here? Or is this the wrong general

I always found pretty neat undead wanted to follow the wolf knight, showed that some would fight the dark rather then let way of white solve things. Besides the only pandering that's kinda bad is "maybe" siegemyer, Anorlondo based on the exact area just being swapped with no buildings. Andre and that's about it for me, other anons can claim the "Remeber Guies XD" shit on locations but I can't see it most of the time. AoA is bigger but less visually appealing fishing hamlet so it's ok(kinda dull still)
And the ringed city and dreg heap are a fine addition to the series.

Irithyll is the town under the Keep in DS1 Anor Londo

Fuck off Vaati.
I have him teleports on me from time to time, it's not that uncommon.

Still seems like bad placement is all, like left of Anor Londo just looks bad to me since it's not covered you know(just a graphics thing for me at this point)

>duel at kiln arena
>just runs around the pillar spamming pyromancy until we draw

Why do people do this? Is there anything that actually punishes that?

It's called pick pontiff arena map instead.

I just wished the teleport was actually dangerous in some way, like Lorian's. Or maybe he could could've used it a bit more creatively, since you have an arena that makes all the other arenas look like broom closets in comparison.

>The weapon that looked really cool and you invested points in upgrading it/being able to use it properly and then it turns out it's still worse than what you're currently using.

What's her name, /dsg/?

Nothing little about "Little" Dusk heheh

>lats 30 second
>opponent has to be in range while casting

Unfortunately no.
You keep your Soul Level after NG+ as well as your weapon upgrades.

You could try beating the game at SL1 and then playing the game for real on NG+/

its pretty easy to set up with cheat engine, but ive no method of making it persistent between application instances.

also the bleed is fucking OP desu

nope, they work offline and ive been told theyre all visible as well as functional online

fromsoftware.jp/pc_en/contact/contact_darksouls.html

>DK2
>die before reaching a new bonfire
>have to fight stupid mob again
>do mediocre damage unless I stab and is not like I can respec
>if I die I have to walk all over there again
>enemies are not even fun to fight they just wave their arms like retards
Dark Souls 1 had a better map, this feels like Demon Soul.

There's always poorfags offering to suck someone's dick for the dlc, but probably not the ones you mean

DaS2 is just tedious in general

RINGED CITY WHEN?
I
N
G
E
D

C
I
T
Y

W
H
E
N?

You can just run past it, you know.

Dark Souls 1 overhaul project
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rDaYKnxde3KE2giuGPERdN_a0voME_7c7dyN8MVYNp8/edit#gid=0

What do you think?

I am not doing NG+, I have a knife, I can engage only in 1 on 1 and I am at a low level, which means low stamina, and I can't even farm properly from the places I can reach.

Im still waiting for the Friede DLC to go on sale if thats who you mean

Better option is to just not play it.

This isn't the Donkey Kong 2 general.

Let's list all the things about DS2 that don't make any sense, I'll start.

>After all the updates, you no longer have to match your buff with your infusion element because it only gives you 10-20 less damage. Matching your elements can actually fuck you over because of damage resistances to your choice or just plain bad math (fire weapons actually work better without fire weapon)

The need to beat bosses with NPC co-op partners to advance their storylines.

>Make the zweihander faster
>Universal warp
>Spell parry
>Faster AOE spells
>I-frame on rapier/curve sword kick
>Stamina on spell casting

All of these are insanely horrible ideas.

I'm curious. Has anybody else on Steam gotten salt from an Italian player named "M9G7" at least once?

He frequents the arena a lot, and he literally spews salt from every orifice on his person. It's quite funny.

>Universal warp is a horrible idea
I agree. The fact that when you're in an area you're "committed" to it is great atmospherically. In DS3 when you're "pulled" into the painting it means absolutely nothing because you can just bonfire out 3 seconds later.

It's an easy target, but the complete lack of thought that went into how levels connect to eachother despite drangleic supposedly being an actual kingdom and not some mystical wonderland.

Warf and the second half of bastile having a second ocean below the first one and iron keep the flying lava castle are the three big ones but basically nothing fits with anything else

clipsdottwitchdottv/CooperativeBumblingCheesecakeItsBoshyTime

>Lucifer

its fine in DS1 because the areas are a bit smaller or more shortcut heavy and they mingle with other areas a lot and the places you can warp are spread out properly

ds3 levels are a lot bigger/longer and more linear, so it makes sense for what that game was trying to be to have universal warp

but user, the only difference i got was a faster render time, which means im probably being a retard and not enabling multi-threaded operation or something