/eog/ EVE Online General - Muh Drifters edition

>What's EVE Online?
A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth. It's also known as "Space Spreadsheet Simulator" and "NEET Space Gods".

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using this referral link (secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=f3008d84-36b6-4675-9b31-f6cad94f873c&action=buddy) (chaining them with friends works best). If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself - you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/exoplanets-the-next-phase-of-project-discovery/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Previous Thread

first for ebin screens

>invest in plex
>taking that plex out of the market, increasing demand, making it slightly more unaffordable for someone to buy to stay omega
:) im killing eve

>FC says no

>rorquals

>panic still hasn't been removed

join all-out

>alliance jews want 23b for a Hel
>tfw you mine your own minerals and build it for 14b

Rorqs need 2 things. A buff to average at minimum 200m/hr, BUT get the fighter treatment and require active play to dissuade people from just boxing yet another rorq.

but 200m/hr is too much for an invincible ship

>L5 missions aren't 99% risk free
>an instaaligning FW L4 hecate doesnt't pay for itself after 2 missions that take only 5 minutes each
>dual boxing dreads in a WH is dangerous when you crit all holes
>200m/h is a high income PVE

>have a pvp character in horde
>everyone engages it

>horde

>solo roaming mattering what corp you're in

>tfw dont have the balls to fly around a battleship solo

solo battleships are a shit meme, not practical at all

You're kinda a puss-bag extraordinaire

post you're battleship fits

Gonna chill with that attitude now?

High Power:
6 guns so when they start shit talkin I can start aim and poppin
2 prototype cloaking devices because by dick so big it takes two

Medium Power
1 1MN because gotta go fast
1 kinetic deflection field to deflect kinetics
1 EM ward field to field EM's
1 Thermal dissipation fields to dissipate thermals
1 Explosive deflection field to deflect explosions
All
All Civilian so I can blend in like a spy, they're cheap and pretty much as good as T2/Deadspace

Low power:
1 Damage control to control damage
1 armor repairer in case someone gets past my (nearly) impenetrable shields
1 ice harvester for my ice harvesters when I get bored of getting killmails
2 Inertials stabilizers because I don't fuck with shitty maneuverability
1 expended cargohold to hold all my loot from popping nubs

Rig Slot:
1 large drone repair augmenter I
2 Large drone mining augmentor I
pretty sure the reasoning behind this is obvious

>Amarr

better than the we wuz

free minerals

gib pls: Octavia Omega

Every time someone says "oneiros", a kitten dies.

thalia

Can I effectively rat for my friend in an interceptor? I was thinking a raptor.

No

Fags like you are why local needs to die in a fire

If CCP attacks me, do I get podded or do they just destroy my ship and leave?

Babysitting on L1-2s? I'd use an algos so I won't have to bother docking for ammo

Concord doesn't pod you.

>whant to bait neuts
>check some ships
>sin looks pretty good for suprise buttsex
>110d just to fly it.

Fug

>Jump Drive Calibration V

Want*

Also:

>maybe going for a bomber for suprise buttsex
>have to learn all the missile skills

God fucking gay

>Spent 1 month training for bombers
>Never use them in the end

>spend idk how long training bombers
>kill a few goon mtus and a hauler

>4 more months to carriers

>Train for bomber
>Kill lots of explorers, ratters, miners, and haulers in lowsec
I don't know what you guys are doing wrong, my Manticore is my favorite ship.

i just dont fly bombers very much

>Be in bathroom peeing.
>"Okay guys jump in jump jump jump"
>Turn around but trip.
>Fell on a puddle on my own piss while bleeding.
>Regain consciousness seconds later.
>Rush to pc, made it alive back to fleet.
All in fine. :)

>In fleet without a catheter

I'm reporting you to your CIC

What do you think of the hound?

community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/exoplanets-the-next-phase-of-project-discovery/

is that when black legion got baited?

>ship goes boom
>hit warp so i dont lose my +4 training implants
>nothing happens
>get podded by some scrubs in kiting tristans
>miss out on skill points while waiting for CCP to reimburse the loss.
FUCKING CCP

>find an empty place on market to supply
>it stays empty for days while i collect materials
>put my shit up
>overnight it fills with retards who kill every profit
haha epic

why would you get reimbursed for that

>why would CCP reimburse a loss that they caused

>it's ccp's fault that I'm retarded

>game doesnt work
>im retarded for thinking that i should warp when i hit warp

this isn't pve, you don't get your ship returned to you for asking nicely and saying you've had a bad day

>some autists undercuts by 4M
>all the dumb bots follow
>market order ruined

Actually...

CCp will reimburse anything because they don't want to lose players. It's a common tactic to cry like a bitch whenever you lose something.

>your a bitch for asking for the stuff you shouldnt have lost in the first place

>pvp with implants
>lose them
>omg game so evil waah ccp pls pay
>using a meme "lost sp" excuse

>not being a good goyim and buying plex to pay for skill injectors
what are you poor?
CCP needs to pay for their gender studies degrees

oneiros

I want to fuck Maelstrom-chan!!!

Join horde and you can fuck test maelstroms with bombs!

>shield in 2017

Shield slaves when?

Soon

>bots can't use dscan

>what are combat recons
>what are covops cloaking devices
>what are deep safes

I can't fucking wait

dead

so now that t3s are confirmed to not be getting nerfed, t3 nerf when?

They are getting nerfed, lots of fitting nerfs I see, they can't get nearly the same kind of buffer they did before and they've lost obvious slots

>+0.01 sig radius
>-1% resists

thanks fozzie

Every T3 lost some 40% to its resist profile. Tengu no longer has a 90% base kinetic resist and now has 50% Thats a huge chunk of their tank lost. Same with the loki, legion, and proteus

>t3s can now rat in whs in covops setup
ebin

and yet their ehp is still retarded

No its not, you're going from a ridiculous 300k EHP to just north of 100k with a faction/deadspace bling fit typical of huge T3C fleets, because of their reduction in armor hitpoints, resist bonuses. Couple that with losses in slots both low and mids also reduces their effectiveness/tank even further. Also with the signature nerfs, the Tengu is now bigger than a fucking ferox and the legion is bigger than the harbinger. Thats a huge change tracking and applied damage because of it.

>300k to 100k
pretty sure that's not with equivalent fits. and 100k on a cruiser that isn't just a nodps brick is retarded, it should be maybe half that

>pretty sure that's not with equivalent fits.
You're right its not because you can't fit that way anymore. You lost slots and fitting which largely disables you from running such ludicrously tanked shit with PG and CPU limitations.

>100k on a cruiser
its not really a cruiser anymore when its bigger than a battlecruiser but smaller than a battleship.

Is there a NEET corp/alliance? In every other MMO there are guilds with people who just never log off. I work from home and am sick of sitting in empty discord/TS servers all day

in many situations nobody fucking cares about sig radius. when you're pressing approach and activating your range bonused faction tackle mods on my solo ship then calling in your buddies while I fail to kill you it doesn't matter, and in mega blobs when you have 5 TPs on you it also doesn't matter. they need to actually fix the tank instead

>181340974
PL

just

>in many situations nobody fucking cares about sig radius
It does matter here, sig radius is much bigger and the speeds are lower meaning more damage gets applied even more so than before. Its a huge change from before where you had some t3c that had as big sig as cruisers but tanks beyond battleships and the damage of battlecruisers. Since 3 of those facets have been eliminated save for the damage of battlecruisers you have a much much weaker engagement profile especially when the tank has been cut by upwards of 66%. having a little more than 100k ehp is far more manageable than 300k. These things are highly susceptible to being flat out alpha'd off the field .

The tank did actually get fixed I don't know what you're bitching about at this point. Less resists, less base hitpoints, less mids and lows I don't understand where you think that a 300k to 100k ehp difference isn't enough.

It's just that one autist who screams like a retard whenever t3s are mentioned. Ignore him.

this game is a giant waste of time if you're not into (forum) rp, solo pvp the most fun part sucks ass

did you ignore the 2 situations I mentioned where sig radius doesn't matter

>I don't understand where you think that a 300k to 100k ehp difference isn't enough

because that isn't what's happening, you aren't comparing equivalent shit. if ccp had come along and reduced all t3c active and buffer tanks by 66% everything would be fine, but they haven't

>boohoo we need to nerf everything below t1 level because it pwned my explo heron waah :(

>fuck he's right, better call him poor or something

Your only arguments are your butthurt, therefore invalid.

well I guess you called me butthurt before I had the chance to call you butthurt, so it's settled, 300k ehp cruisers are fine

>instead of directly plexing my account I referred myself two alts and gave my main 2 months game time
please ccp dont fix ghost training for another 2 months, I need to get these to at least 5m sp

It's a bannable offense now :^)

Doubt they'd go after every tom, dick, and harry that doesnt go out of their way to clear their queue before lapsing unless they're doing it on an industrial scale.

>>>/wowg/