Volvo S60 2.3 turbo, manual

To buy or not to buy?
Anything to look out for?

get the s60R

Insurance would rape me

but is good car
you like

rape them back

insurance doesn't care. it would be marginally more because it's worth marginally more.

Not where I live

Ayy lmao
I got the s60 2.4 from 2001. Amazing car.

>hasn't gotten a quote

>"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
-Dr. Seuss

There

How does the turbo model compare?

Dunno
All I know is that I can go 0 to 100 really fucking fast and that the inside of the car doesn't feel so claustrophobic as most other cars I've driven.
It's perfect, feels safe and my girlfriend likes the car as well, says the seats are very comfortable.
The suspension is also very good..

Only "issue" with the car is that if you pull the handbrake on a hill or anything it'll move an inch or 2 before actually stopping. But other s60 owners seem to have the same situation so it's not really a problem I'm guessing.

>girlfriend

>/r9k/

I just got one, 2007. My insurance for it is around 130USD/month

>letting a post be this underrated
Anons, you're digging my shiggy here.

You Americans have it easy

how much in leafland

How would he know?

wow in my country i would pay more like 130USD/year

I would pay something like 1000USD/year

What is the difference between a T5 and a R model?

R models have AWD and the 4C adjustable dampers

AWD was also an option with the T5, but it didn't include the 4C system.

The R has both of those standard and also has about 60 more HP and 40 more torks than the T5.

Ah my bad. Wasn't aware that AWD was available on the T5. Thanks for educating me.

So it's kinda like the same deal VW has going with the Golf R and GTI?
Just up the boost a little. And you'll still end up with a pretty fast car, for only a fraction of the price

Actually i may be mistaken about that. I know the P3 gen T5 is available with awd, not sure if the P2 was.

Yeah similar. The R had a different high - pressure turbo which made 14.7 psi, and the other R-specific goodies. Performance-wise an old R would hold it's own against a modern GTI, but it would get BTFO by a Golf R

What if you take a current Golf GTI and up the boost and give it some stickier tires. Would it be close to the Golf R, at all?

Feom what I understand, the GTI takes very well to tunes and you can get a ton of power and torque out of them. You could get it to stock R levels pretty easily.

Then why even buy an R?
Seems like a ripoff

Why buy v8 when v6 with simple mods will match them. Seems like ripoff

We're talking turbo economy hatchbacks here. Not fullblown muscle cars

Yeah but it would still be a GTi made by beaners

Golf R is at least made by Germans (Mohammed, faisil, nasheen turkanigger though)

Good cars. Lots of electrical niggers

Get a Lexus gs300 or 350 from same era.

AWD?

The R has AWD and a cool badge. It probably has other special trim features that are only available on it. This is nothing new in the car world.

Didn't know electrics were bad on Lolvo's

Check if the dashboard works 100%, most of these cars dash will fail after 250k and it costs €900-1200 to repair

What do I look for?

We don't have many of those where I live

I can attest to the fact ford era volvos electrical is shiiiiiiiit

But that car is from before Ford got their hands on Volvo