Legal Advice From Veeky Forums

So, basically, I'm running away from home at the age of 19; I've insured a car that I could not afford to title with no intent or ability to pay, and I'm running away from car payments.

Is this stuff that I could get out of later in life, or should I just never try to use my social security number or appear in public without a shaved head, thick glasses and a beard again?

Other urls found in this thread:

spaste.com/s/5v9eWz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You could always kill yourself

What car did you do it for?

>I'm running away from car payments.
Don't be a fucking idiot.
There are much better ways out of a bad financial decision.

Sell your car and buy a motorcycle/bycicle then faggot. You can't run from big business unless you want to go off the grid

Do us a favor and join the Army you limp dicked nu-male.
Only sub-18 year olds can “run away from home”
At this point you’re just doing your job as an adult, you faggot.

I'm not doing it for a car, I'm doing it because my mother is bleeding me for money and leveraging the fact that she knows that I've been commiting insurance fraud to continue paying for my father's car to force me to live with her.
I can't, it's not my car.

That also wouldn't help, no matter how much money I get, my family just increases the amount that they take as I get raises at work.
I was actually going to join the army the moment I turned 18, but as it turns out I have a congenital heart valve deformity that is supposedly going to keep getting worse.
At this point I'm not even supposed to live for another 8 years.

They will eventually sue you and garnish your wages. Have you given the car back yet?

Wait a fucking minute, explain this """fraud."""

you ever seen the TV show Hunted?
It'll be exactly like that

>Not supposed to live for another 8 years.
Why not sell the car online on Craigslist illegally somewhere far away? Then use that money to make yourself happy or whatever

You're being blackmailed? Go to the fucking cops.
Otherwise you'll be running from the cops and we won't sympathize with you at all.

So: the car is payed for, or not?
Is your name on the car loan?
You don't have the tags for it?
You're paying the insurance now?
Who's name is on the title?

>should I just never try to use my social security number
You will never have a job at an officially licensed business. Without your social security number, you cannot legally collect a paycheck. The business also doesn't want to pay you because you could blackmail them on the tax fraud they are committing for not reporting your salary payments to the IRS.

And a lot of non-job items also need social security number nowadays. After 9/11, the laws were changed to allow SSN to be used for some things. And other things skirt the legalities by simply saying without all info, your paperwork processing will be delayed (as in forever delayed).

The use of banks requires SSN, so you won't have use of an ATM either as those track to SSN accounts. You won't have auto insurance because they require SSN for tracking insurance payments and credits. And of course, you won't be getting license plate tabs unless you have someone else own the car and you drive it.

As for valid license plates, you need tabs in the future because police are starting to switch to computer camera scanning. Hiding becomes less effective or ineffective. My city has a a few police cars equipped with it as an evaluation to see if they want to buy in to the full system. It looks like they will. The computer constantly scans the road for vehicles and checks license plates to verify they are legit.

And if you try to apply to the government for social welfare benefits, they will want your name and SSN. They don't issue here without it. And if you become homeless, well, life only gets tougher as the thieves will simply take your car from you and sell it. Anything you cannot protect with your fists will be taken from you by other homeless. It's ruthless out there.

My name isn't on the title, but it is on some of the loanwork.
I pay for the car, my father lets me use it, my father gets a credit boost and brownie points from his landlord (whose dealership it came from), I've never been able to afford payments and the legally mandated full-coverage insurance on top of the other bullshit my family has been putting me through, and it is the reason my short blessed time away from my family was spent homeless in the parking lot across the highway from the warehouse where I worked Monday-Saturday 10 hours a day without food before mother hunted me down.
It's not roadworthy at this point.
To keep paying for it I had to drag it through a Great Northern Winter over unplowed roads, and mixing a 4-cylinder engine, cheaply made shitbox suspension, all of which weighs 1.6 tons dry and has no ground clearance with a foot of fresh snow at least once a week at 20 below means front suspension damage I could never afford to fix.
The payments car is not payed for.
My name is on the payments car loanwork.
I don't have tags for the ex-farmtruck I'm intending to escape in.
I have been paying insurance under someone else's name for over a year, I've had to set up a new policy under my name for the truck so my mother wouldn't think I was up to something, but I have no money to make the first payment.
I have not titles the truck. (No money)

pretty sure we dont allow autists on this here board *pulls up belt*

Literally this.

*Pulls down pants*
You can come live here with me, Op.

The car will be reported as stolen, no?

Wow, what a totally shit situation. Can't blame you for getting away from a horrible family. So, to clarify: The title is in someone else's name, but you and your father are on the loan. Who's name is on the title? It should be the lien holder(bank) and the "owner" aka you or your dad. Did your father co-sign for you? If so, they'll probably go after him after they figure out your poverty situation.
You have another vehicle, the truck that is your property, but havent done all the legal stuff yet. There's no way you can save up a bit of money either to leave? You could save some and move to a city where you could find a job and a place to live with public transport? School is not an option? No way to just leave in the truck, live in it/ around it, and title it later? Have you told your parents this is a shit situation, and everyone is going down with you if shtf? Honestly, you need to talk to a lawyer, it's way too complicated a situation. Worst case scenario, the car dude will sue you, and your dad for the remaining balance. YOu could dodge it by moving away, but eventually it would be taken out of your wages. Or you could tell the car lot guy the car is fucked and you cant afford to pay for it anymore, and to come pick it up. The thing I'm least worried about is the supposed insurance fraud. Just quit paying it, problem solved.

>thinking the majority of the civilized world doesn't just not pay their debts
What do you think collection agencies are for and why they just call relentlessly and nothing ever happens?

No, I'm not taking the new car.
I'm taking the one I've bought in full, but can't afford to title.
It will be reported, though.
It's a giant red SUV from the '70s, it's not exactly inconspicuous.
I'm thinking of woodglueing tarpaper over it as soon as I can steal or earn some money, just so I'm less likely to get caught before I can hole up somewhere to die.

Reported? By whom, and why? Your shit family? Can't you just move out of state, or whatever? What fucking country do you reside in?

Just give up the vehicles. Seriously. Stop making payments and call the finance companies to arrange a repossession. In legal parlance it's referred to as a Voluntary Surrender and it looks WAY better on your credit score than just going "lol no thanks" on your financial obligations. Additionally, you will be off the hook for any insurance problems because you can then cancel the insurance. Once you do that you will have much more money to live off of, find an apartment along a public transit route or arrange carpool with a coworker. Finally, you are a full adult in the eyes of the law. Your parents cannot force you to do anything now. Change your phone number and never contact them again. If they continue to come after you for "gimmie dats" then get a protection order from the courts.

This is just one way of doing things, but you can literally do anything and be better off than running from home and your obligations you got roped into one way or another.

sound advice. I approve.

My father co-signed, but I know for a fact that my credit is not being affected by the payments I make, so I currently have no credit history.
I've already quit my job, it was soul-crushing and because I am forbidden to store food at my mother's house and have nowhere else to store it I've been living off of about $100 wortg of fast food for a year and a half now. Most of my hair is gone, I'm pretty constantly in pain, I was getting three hundred dollars a month and everything but that $100 for food was going towards the car, I only just had enough put away to get a beater off craigslist.
I just want to get away from my family.
They have a history of making questionable decisions regarding me, but for the right reasons.
Like, when I was 6 my mother fed me nothing but a single boiled squash per day because she thought it was healthy, and then sort of arbitrarily decided that I was allergic to most foods so that I had to start hunting and gathering in the forest near where we lived when she wasn't paying attention to me.
They aren't bad people, and they treat me well when I give them money, they're just unlikeable and are killing me more rapidly than a yerminal illness seems to be able to.

what the fuck do you live in a third world country?

My mother spent good money getting me false medical diagnoses before she dovorced my father and had to cut back on expenses.
She wasn't able to prove I was incompetent, but when I was 5 she paid two hundred bucks to have me diagnosed with aspergers, and after I started trying to escape by killing myself at around 12 she got me stuck with a diagnosis for depression.
She also knows how to throw a major shit fit around public officials and could absolutely just tattle on my questionable insurance history on top of that and create an actual manhunt for a deranged criminal, she's actually done something similar when I tried to run away from home at age 9; I got three blocks armed with a can of soup and a milk jug half full of water before the entire police force of River Falls was issued an APB for a mentally retarded child with a knife threatening to kill himself.

Just a reaction

Bankruptcy might be an option-really
If there's a "willing repo" option, you unquestionably need to get out from shit that is holding you down. That's good advice.

Well your credit gets ruined for about 8 years. Which means, hello super high interest everything. Goodbye house/good apartment. And hello possible wage garnishment.

ITT niggers.

>it's my moms fault I got diagnosed with depression after I tried to kill myself

JESUS christ you are fucking pathetic. Move out. Get a job. Take the hit on credit. And grow the fuck up.

Op, I have a crazy mom and your mom is crazy.

She will eventually try and hurt you as much as she can, this is not available. Separating yourself first legally is-do that... Then cards to the wind pick up pieces but just run as far as you can.

do you have insurance or not?
paying it in someone else's name really isn't fraud.
i think you are ether trolling or are too retarded to function on your own. your best option might be a exit bag honestly.

The insurance thing seems very trivial. Your an adult now, they aren't going to go all out manhunt on you now. They probably don't give a fuck.

You need to make an appointment with a lawyer. You need to go to your local state office for food stamps and housing. Will you do these things? You probably qualify for all sorts of public assistance.

Listen, You live in the United States. I will clearly write out the steps to take here since you seem to lack basic comprehension skills:

1.) Cease all payments on the vehicles. Once this happens the clock starts ticking.
2.) For any vehicle that is registered to YOU, call the finance company and arrange a voluntary surrender. If you already own the vehicle, sell it quickly on craigslist. If the title is not transferred in your name call the NON-EMERGENCY police line and tell them you want to abandon a vehicle that you cannot afford to title.
3.) Call the DMV and terminate the registrations that were in your name.
4.) Call the insurance companies and explain the situation. Tell them you had no idea what was going on when you agreed to the policies because your parents arranged them. Request to cancel all insurance in your name.
5.) Move to a half-way home or with a friend or former co-worker.
6.) Change your phone number, most companies let you do this for free.
7.) Go to a Postal Service store and get a change of address form to the place where you are temporarily living.
8.) Go to a DMV office and get a new license with the new address on it.
9.) Change your address for all your bank accounts and other electronic accounts to the new address.
10.) If your parents start to come after you talk to a local magistrate court clerk and request a restraining order.

At some point along the line you'll need a new job. ONLY put in your new contact information (new phone number and address) once it has been changed with the state/cell phone company. This prevents bad criminal record checks and prevents your parents from intercepting your first couple of paper cheques until you are on direct deposit.

You have a giant red suv from the 70s?

I'm gonna need pictures..bread on hood we'll fuckin crowdsource the 70 bucks for a title.

here that the bes car of audi spaste.com/s/5v9eWz

>My name isn't on the title, but it is on some of the loanwork.
If the car isn't in your name, that's REALLY good.

>You will never have a job at an officially licensed business. Without your social security number, you cannot legally collect a paycheck.
Illegal mexicans accomplish this feat all the time here in southern california.

this but
>implying op has friends
I doubt his fucked up family would stand for that

No one needs to click this link, it's some payout scam. I would tell you to report it, but that's probably against some rule.

nigger

Nobody had talked to me for two years at that point, and I pretty clearly couldn't just run away.
It certainly made sense to prepubescent me.
I have insurance, but I was just a tad worried about whether or not just straight up running from the first payment could get me in further trouble.
My concern is what happens if my father tries to sue for damage to "his" car, and I would honestly rather give a go to roughing it before I admit defeat and accept other people's money.
I haven't gotten to do a lot in life, so I have a pretty long list of things to see and do while I can still get around, the first thing on the list is just to live my own life.
I'm certainly capable of it, I can still work, taking wellfare is just not something that sits well with me.
If it did I would have just taken section 8 housing the moment I could, and just lived the neet life.
More than anything I just want to keep the money I earn and get someplace with a door I can lock from the inside.