Got pulled over doing 100mph in a 70 on the free way today. What are the chances a lawyer could get this off my record

Got pulled over doing 100mph in a 70 on the free way today. What are the chances a lawyer could get this off my record.

Unless you got Felony Speed you shouldn't worry about it being on your "record"

I'm in Texas it just shows "violation 10%+ of speed limit". I think it can be a class B misdemeanor

I've gotten caught speeding in my vehicle multiple times ages 17-19. What I always did was show up to court. Show up on your court date and they usually won't put it on your record. Either drop it entirely, make it not a super speeder, and usually pay a fine. Pretty easy actually. Especially some times there will be like 20 people there all for speeding on that same date. So the court will just make a deal with all of you that you all did the minimum amount of speeding and to just pay the fine.

>What are the chances a lawyer could get this off my record.

Ask the lawyer, most will give you a free consultation before they start charging.

The cop was already pretty cool. He got me coming off the free way. I was clocked closer to the 150-60 range. Never even noticed him.

>violation 10%+ of speed limit
Literally just show up to your court date and you should be fine. Getting a Class B misdemeanor in Texas for a traffic offense normally involves more than just speeding so its probably only a Class C,

>class B misdemeanor
fucking what

Yeah just a tad worried. I ship out for boot camp in March and just got done getting clearance for my job. Would like to make it "disappear" and just hand the court a big chunk of cash.

>doing 150
>on the interstate
>or any public road
fuck you

Get a lawyer, give them money, they make it disappear. Anyone telling you to just go to court and hope for the best is dumb.

awww wittle baby doesn't have a literbike?

no, its a matter of public safety you selfish prick. then again, i do love seeing assholes like you getting scrapped up off the side of 95 every week on my commute

If a guy on Craigslist says it'll do 180mph would you believe him? Probably not. Some one had to test it.

This.
>awww wittle baby doesn't have a literbike?
Post chicken strips
>inb4 KFC

That's why I exclusively speed out of state. My state only gives 2 points for out of state tickets, no matter what.

>doing 150 on a motorcycle
>stopping for police
You're an idiot and I hope this fucks your life up, you should have ran

There's no where to run on a straight road.

I got caught 102mph in a 65 when i was in high school. Get a lawyer, judges, cops were treating me like if i was a harden criminal and just did a school shooting or something. My lawyer made mine disappear on a technicality all for $200 maybe $300 dont remember but a lot cheaper than the $500-600 ticket, misdemeanor on record, and points on license.

That road isn't straight forever, especially not at 150. You're a fucking retard that bitched out.

You don't even own a vehicle that can go 150 lol don't even act tough.

Same im 19. Got pulled over for going 90 in a 45 (bullshit my speedo read nothing above 80) 2 days ago. Anyways 30 over in FL require court so I hit up one of those traffic attorneys and since it is my first ticket ever in 3 years of driving and I never had an accident and im in college with decent grades they can probably waiver the points and just make me pay a few hundread dollars.

He paced me for speed no radar so that speed is guarenteed inaccurate, fucking unmarked pieces of shit ford explorers....

Anyways yeah, will update yall on what happens.

Not the same guy but I own an R6. Keep that shit on the track dude.

Look up laws for your state regarding speed measuring device calibration and anything about police needing to submit a written notice of infraction within x days of the infraction.

pro-tip: departments and cops, respectively, never comply with these and they are the top 2 ways to get a ticket thrown out immediately in court. just have to file for a discovery and all that. it's a pain, but can be worth it, especially on insurance costs.

t. 27 speeding tickets and not one stuck

Just sold my FZ8 and got an older cbr 929 to work on in the winter. Didn't think it had the balls to climb up to those speeds still.

Lol yeah those old CBRs aren't bad. I started on an '87 cbr250rr.

I got Paced. Head those are hard to fite

NOTHING IS MY FAULT

Millenial:The Post

I'm well aware I gone and goofed. Just don't want to pay higher insurance as I'm 21 male and not married. I'm already taking it up the ass.

>the road goes straight forever

... god damnit

>not doing 200

pleb , i did 265 KPH on the highway with my car . both in germany where no limits and italy where yeS LIMITS .

150mph giovanni

How much for the lawyer though? ~$5000 not including consultation. Saves you grief and insurance money down the line but you would need to have money on hand at the time you got caught.

Maybe subpoena information regarding calibration of the cop's speedometer? They're supposed to be calibrated every so often as well, and I'm not sure how often departments actually do this.

>violation 10%+ of speed limit
Had the same thing going 90 in a 75, also in Texas. The cop told me that all I had to do was take an online driving class or whatever and then show up to the court date and say it was my first speeding ticket. I, of course, didn't want to waste my time going to court so I just paid the $200 fine.

As stated in my previous post, total was around $200-300. The traffic lawyer waved the consultation fee, it was $100 for that alone. I live in socal (pretty expensive) an he was suppose to be a really good traffic lawyer so might be around the same for you. Adjust for inflation that was around 10 years ago so double my range. Still pretty cheap compared to the ticket fee and insurance hikes etc etc.

My lawyer made me do a speed calibration on my car for the 102mph, your lawyer should too. If its incorrect that will help out a lot well at least in my state maybe yours is different. Mine was incorrect by 1mph so not enough to get me under the 100mph

>Fireblade

Don't pull over next time?

You know you can go around cars right?

10 out of 10 of ultra high speed motorcycle crashes only kill the rider so nah, good job OP keep it up

Some retard on a daytona head-on'd a porsche. Totalled the porsche, nearly killed the retard, and the porsche driver? Complained about a bruise on his arm.

More like speed laws are kikery meant to protect shit drivers with shit cars from themselves and line the pockets of the county without raising taxes and anyone subject to them should worm their way out ASAP instead of bending over for a bunch of hook nosed incumbent bourgeosie fucks who fancy themselves the gods of the moral right despite being atheists and protestant heretics.

get some legal advice because laws vary by State

huge difference between a ticket that says "99+" mph and 100mph

99+ and you can drive away after getting your ticket, no mandatory court appearance, maybe eligible for traffic school

100mph and your license may be taken and someone else will need to drive your car, very likely need a lawyer, higher points, fines, conviction stays on your record

>free way
>not free

had court yesterday for 100+ in a 55
I was the only person not eligible for traffic school that was charged for speeding lol

Might as well own up to it.

You brake the law and you'll get dicked eventually.

Nigga what? Traffic lawyers aren't that expensive. They cost like $200 at the most. They make their money in volume of tickets.

Hey now, it wasn't that retards fault, he just got unlucky while crossing the double yellow in a blind corner to overtake

That feel when ausfailia impounds your car for doing over 130kph, loss of licence at 120kph and repeat offenders have their cars crushed.

Yall worried about a fucking record?

>Hey how do I not face the consequences of my shit decision

Why don't you stop being a cunt OP

teet

>tfw ticket for 90 in 65 two weeks ago in my personal vehicle
>also a cdl a holder
JUST

Ever wondered why rates are so high? You're why, fucknuts.

I got a 43 in a 30 a week ago, like 100 bucks. I know i should probably try to fight it but its such a pain in the ass...

>not constantly scanning for sketchy domestic vehicles with cop steelies
>not driving like a courteous safe normal human bean 90% of the time
>not doing your illegal driving on roads you know very well and when you're 105% sure there are no po-po
u deserve it

What state?

If I remember it right, the porsche was also driving in excess of the speed limit and there was no way either had time to brake/swerve to miss eachother.

It's a neat reminder of how harmless and vulnerable bikers are and how safe modern cars are. Two objects collide at 60+mph head on, and the car driver gets out and yells "what the fuck i just got it detailed! i bruised my fucking arm!" while the biker lays in a ditch watching his heart beat for the last time. If the biker was wearing pirate cosplay and a nazi helmet instead of a full power ranger getup he would have probably been splattered instead of suffering a couple broken bones. I believe his bike helped too. Sportbikes are light and you sit right on top of them, so if you crash you'll probably be thrown off while you and the bike go your separate ways instead of going down with your ship in a twisted mess of metal and flesh (seen that with a hells angel who had sissy/crash bars. not pretty. he only has one arm now.)

Don't be a pussy, people speed. I got up to 160 on my way to work a couple weeks ago

>""""free"""" way
>no freedom of speed

burgers btfo once again

>What are the chances a lawyer could get this off my record.
In my state, +90MPH gets you a citation, but final records processing will turn it into a reckless driving on your record. It's better to pay a traffic lawyer and get the severity reduced. Not just for this time, but in case you have another future traffic ticket. With a reckless on your prior record, no cop is going to give you the benefit of the doubt in any future citation. And if you end in court for anything, a reckless is also part of a criminal record here and the judge will see it.

Criminal records are part of public records. Be thankful you don't live in my neighborhood as we have some busybodies that like to find out any and all criminal records of everyone in the area.

What state? Commiefornia?

That's why if you gonna speed like a fool on a bike you might as well run because they won't catch you unless you crash.

>There's no where to run on a straight road
The idea is to break LOS and dip off the straight road once you gap the cruiser.

I'll gap your cruiser m8