Why does Veeky Forums get so triggered over an old man who helps people fix their cars for free?

Why does Veeky Forums get so triggered over an old man who helps people fix their cars for free?

Other urls found in this thread:

thegarage.jalopnik.com/this-emmy-award-winning-youtube-mechanic-is-full-of-shi-1696524549
youtube.com/watch?v=IUTDvrqg1CA
youtube.com/watch?v=3JXxCGUZVYw
hooktube.com/watch?v=3JXxCGUZVYw
youtu.be/YQxcnfCEvjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9oMRb9qLT-Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He's our guy.

Scottys mad.

>who is Brian Reider

thegarage.jalopnik.com/this-emmy-award-winning-youtube-mechanic-is-full-of-shi-1696524549

Well, Jalopnik® lists several reasons why he is, in fact, full of shit

>implying elderly men and arabs go to car meets

>my direct competitor is shit
yeah who would've guessed that? holy hell fucking incredible

> Listening to Jewopnik
Come on user

At least Jalopnik® is an accredited platform, and not some random guy on YouTube.

I can't figure out how someone would listen to some old asshole over a bunch of accredited car enthusiasts like those employed by Jalopnik®.

Do you not read what you wrote? Every other article from Jalopnik is some crappy click-bait trash. I'm not saying old man winter is good, but come on.

I don't get why you don't like Jalopnik®. It has a bunch of amazing articles like

>"How to get at LEAST two unique Veeky Forumstists to think you're being fucking serious when you're not even being subtle"

Jalopnik® is the best website on the internet®. I love Jalopnik®.

Ah shit lol. Fuck I need to get out but the ride never ends

>Jalopnik
>Accredited
By who?

They are literally know-nothing millennial bloggers that try to talk about cars.

>He still isn't getting it.
Jalopnik® employs the finest minds in automotive engineering. With decades of mechanical, racing, and reviewing experience behind them, the Jalopnik® staff leads from the front in providing everyone with the information they need to make the right decision. God bless Jalopnik®.

who IS brian reider?

I don't know who you think you are but we do not like Jalopnik here. Reported.

Because some of his "fixes" will cause your car to catch on fire.

youtube.com/watch?v=IUTDvrqg1CA
Does he sound familiar?

Tell me about Kilmer. Why does he rev up the engines?

He used to be a guard at Auschwitz

I don't understand why he dedicates so much video time throughout the years to shitting on Mercedes

It's basic wrenching knowledge that if you're looking for a car that will work and NOT be overly complicated Jap is the only way to go (I say this as someone who doesn't really like tuners)

Didn't get the meme

scotty is terrible but they literally said THIS fucking moron was better

youtube.com/watch?v=3JXxCGUZVYw

spoilers for anyone who doesn't wanna watch this video: he takes a pressure washer to the entire engine bay like a retarded

there is absolutely nothing wrong with washing your engine that way as long as you don't soak the alternator

We do this all the time at my detailing job on Porsches an Ferraris without any problems. I'd never do it to my own car tho

>spoilers for anyone who doesn't wanna watch this video
just hooktube it so you don't give him views
change you to hook

hooktube.com/watch?v=3JXxCGUZVYw

I like Scotty. He makes things seem simple and gets straight to the point. It's liking having a crazy uncle point out what you have to do in 2 minutes. I always watch his video first before I consult my car repair manual to get the gist of what I'm going to be doing. Other "diy" auto guys take 15-20 minutes to explain something simple.
>1 minute intro
>3 minutes of what you'll be doing and what tools you need
>10 minutes of over explaining things
When I first started these kinds of videos made car repair seem daunting.

>That's right! No passing the buck this time, faggot! It's all up to you.

My sides/10. I'm not even mad, that was cash.

He DOES say within the first 10s that he does not recommend it.

Scotty helped me buy a bike so he's a good guy in my eyes

hes cool ass dude, i like him

LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A HIRED MECHANIC

Veeky Forums loves scotty, the only people that hate him drive jewcedes or lifted trucks.

>He makes things seem simple and gets straight to the point

Never realized that's why I like his content, user.

It's not through, but it's very motivating in a sea of car advice that normally starts with "omg it's hard as fuck, if you do it wrong you'll kill yourself and your car will immediately explode"

But this is exactly why I don't like Scotty. He oversimplifies things. For example, the clutch was going out on my shitbox and I just wanted to see if it was possible to change it out, knowing it would be difficult. Scotty was like

>Get a ratchet
>Unbolt some things
>Lift the engine
>Change the clutch
>Done!

This is why I prefer ChrisFix. His videos are much more in depth, and I know exactly what he's doing and why.

HE DIDNT TEST DRIVE SO WELL

FIRST ONE TO TALK GETS TO STAY IN MY CELICA

Scotty "unload my clip at the Mercedes dealership" Kilmer

fucking this. is so fucking annoying when i already know how to do the repair but i just want a quick reminder in order to get out all the necessary tools n shit. i don't need to spend 30 minutes listening to some asshole tell me how to fucking loosen a bolt or jack up a goddamn car, just tell me how to do it so i can move on with my life.

scotty is crazy af tho.

I like both

i don't mind the existence of scotty but he is the most entry-level possible tutorial and he will teach you bad habits if you're not already prone to trying to diagnose issues rather than trying to get to fixing asap

kek

Scotty "If the make is german, you're vermin" Kilmer

Scotty "If it's made by a hun, i'm getting the gun" Kilmer

>Tavarish
A spoiled manchild, whose only redeemable trait is that he's got a nice pair of tits, criticizing anyone with even a tiny bit of hands on knowledge is hilarious.

Jalopnik is the fedora wearing fat kid of the car world

SCOOOOTTYYYYYY
"THE MERC KILLER"
KIIIIILLLLLLL
MEEEEEEEEEEEER

I know the video you're talking about. I remember seeing that and realising at that point his videos are probably quite oversimplified, a clutch job isn't that easy. Maybe he's lost perspective after doing this shit day in day out for 50 years, I guess once you've done it so much a clutch job is just as easy as taking a few bolts out.

go away jaloponki

Is that a spoof or is that actually fucking RCR

I love Scotty but this video was absolute fucking gold. I spit my drink all over when he tells you the fix.

youtu.be/YQxcnfCEvjQ

Jalopnik is literally the Reddit posters of Car Reviewers.

Holy shit, dude, my sides.

More like Buzzfeed Auto

lol

>just weld your control arm together
holy shit is scotty kilmer a channel like ichiban moto?
youtube.com/watch?v=9oMRb9qLT-Q

Veeky Forums loves Scotty. Dude does not give a fuck. Check engine light? Youll be fine its a scam made by the EPA. Mercedes? Shoot up the dealership scotty!