Patent pending on my invention

So Im about knee deep in the patent process for my new invention which is clothing related and right now im running low on capital to actually start the business itself. I plan on taking out a loan and then using that to get the business going but are their better more reliable alternatives. The best thing is the patent office ran a check through US and outside patents and so far none has had my invention marked down so Im in the clear greenlight to start production

k

what's your point?

My point was is their a better way to gain capital than loans. Im actually on my way to being big in fashion

LOOOOOOOOOOL ant thinking he will become an elephant

I hope the patent was for titanium kneepads

Is it a patent for one of those single application kitchen utensils/appliances that you see in infomercials?

ask on reddit's personal finance

Are you looking for an investor? I'd like to hear more about your product/idea. Could you post an estimate of how much capital you'll need and some contact info using a throwaway ?

GO ON SHARK TANK!

stealing.

First you sell, then you grow.

This is how a successful business is built 90% of the time.

The whole reason I didnt do that is because if I sold first I would instantly have companies coping my inventional system and that would be bad. I want to patent before even starting to assure a monopoly on it

you applied. you have the power to enjoin anybody from producing your product unless your patent is rejected.

what firm did you retain to draft your patent?

t. engineer and lawyer

if you haven't already, you need to speak with a lawyer. you do not have a firm grasp of intellectual property rights.

He's probably worried about chinks or some other shithole where law doesn't apply.

then waiting for the patent wouldn't matter. either way, he needs to begin producing if he is so confident in his breakthrough invention.

I have a lawyer on call and working on my patent case which is very good. He has seen the invention and knows exactlt what I need patented. We're going for utility patent and 4 design patents to follow up on the products but mainly the utility for the functionality. I require more capital

okay, good. make sure that he does not miss any patenting deadlines. have him explain to you when you can go public with your work, how to protect it while your patents are pending, how to enjoy your patent protections for the longest time, how to register your patents in other countries (will be useful in the asian markets since you are doing clothing), etc.

if you can't do a loan, seek a venture capitalist.

good luck, user.

Lolol you fag
Ask your lawyer what associate firm they use in China. Make sure it's a good one
Spoiler you won't know anything and you'll waste thousands chasing peasants who don't give 2 fucks about your patent

You should just put cash in a fire. That way at least you get warmth

I see this constantly and 90% of the time the inventor is convinced they have something revolutionary when they do not.

Even if you are the 10 percent i still advocate my approach. You need to know if the public wants the thing.

I already have, My lawyer is already doing the search and work in and out the US for anything that remotely comes close to what I have. Which isnt an all new invention, its an inventional system that is new to a product in functionality which can be patented and secured. If people i. China copies my work I obviously know they will. I can place in a cease and desist or even sue. The closest people to me have seen and used my invention and are very excited to see it come to market but im not moving forward until i know for 100% I will not be hounded by company copies from already established popuksr brands

Engineer AND lawyer? What do you do?

i'm not a huge fan of crowd-funding but it has its uses and this might be one of them. Clothing/Fashion is down to product & marketing, so while you may have the product ready to produce, you need to get people to know about it. crowd-funding/kickstarter whatever gives you the opportunity to get money and orders and is also a useful angle for marketing.

i don't know what your product is, but it there is the option of making articles that say "amazing new X that does not stain on kickstarter now" etc. there is plenty of material online about how to be successful on kickstarter. you just need to do calculations about how much you need for a successful campaign.

transportation and product liability law. it's okay. the money is decent and the hours aren't that bad. hated patent law.

YOU NEED TO START HAULING ASS IF YOU SHOWED YOUR PATENT TO PEOPLE. WE ARE IN A FIRST TO FILE SYSTEM WITH FILING DEADLINES.

HAVE YOU ACTUALLY STARTED PAYING THIS LAWYER, OR HAVE YOU JUST SPOKEN TO HIM ONE TIME OVER THE PHONE? YOU NEED TO EXECUTE AND STOP FLAILING AROUND.

Can you have other clothing manufacturers license the technology from you? Then you can just sit back and enjoy getting a cut of the revenues.

Already started paying and the file is now in place man. Currently all is going good, and im midway through it.

This is also a plan, Having established brands being able to license it gives me revenue cuts and helps me control who can and cant have the technology.

You guys have been a very good help. I really appreciate it.

>patent
>on clothing
>literally the most counterfeited product
>going into debt for this

You are fucking retarded OP

I would seek VC before a loan

Loans are literally the last option, if you can't get investors or even friends or family to help

Lawyer here, I heard another lawyer talking about this thing at our uni bar. A couple guys and me who were sick of studying for the bar just launched a bunch of patent-pending copy product websites (all legal) using images we took from filings lol. Already found offshore textile companies to make most items and sales have been insane already. Imagine if we put real marketing behind this. March will be month 2 I think we'll hit $100k sales