I currently drive a 2014 honda accord. Recently, after driving my friends f150...

I currently drive a 2014 honda accord. Recently, after driving my friends f150, I really liked the power and driving height that the truck offered. It made me consider buying a truck. To any br/o/s that drive trucks, how is it like driving it daily? My main concern is the difficulty of parking.. Any opinions are welcome!

Well, I drive a truck of a different manufacture. It gets average gas since it has a 6-cyl engine. Driving it daily is no issue, considering I've driven trucks for years. If you are going to buy a F-150, make sure you research the engine choices, I of course would recommend the 5L V8, not for the sound but for it's durability.

Now I ask you, what are you going to use your truck for? For work, or just to fuck around and use it as a DD?

>I really liked the power and driving height that the truck offered. It made me consider buying a truck.
Remember that scene in fight club where Jack beats the crap out of himself in the office. Do that, do that until you can't.
There are far too many pussies that buy tall vehicles because they are shit drivers and rather intimidate others than improve. We don't need another. Don't take the easy way out user, don't be a bitch.

Do not get a truck if you don't need it to haul shit. You're going to have a hard time parking the thing for quite a while and you will most likely cut corners accidentally. Also hooning in a truck is only fun if you plan to go offroad with it. You might aswell get a jeep or blazer if you're planning to do that though.

>getting a pickup for no reason
An SUV would suit your needs better and they can come in smaller sizes. Just don't get a crossover.

what are y'alls thoughts on an outback

I daily drive a Chevy 1500 if parking is your only problem don't worry about it you'll get used to it. I live out "in the country" so a lot of people have trucks and I use it for hauling shit and towing as well. I love driving a truck the height is a huge bonus with the bed being great to just throw shit in. If you're just looking for the height and power and don't need the pickup bed get an SUV.

Have always driven a truck. Parking really isn't a big deal in most places unless the spots are super small. Just back in and you'll be good on that front. Overall I think dailying a nice comfy truck is fucking fantastic, especially with a bench. Crew cabs and SUVs are max comfy for rolling with friends and family and it doesn't get any better than that if you ask me.

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about quite frankly OP. Parking is NOT hard. Like with anything longer, just distance yourself from the spot more before you pull in. He's also terribly wrong about hooning because pickups are fun as fuck to hoon. I grew up hooning trucks.

>pickups are fun as fuck to hoon

ok Cletus, go back to fucking the sister..

>my main concern is parking.
Can you back into a parking spot? If not dont get a truck unless you love walking

same hooning is a truck is fucking great, windy dirt roads are a wonderful Friday night.

>stop liking what I don't like!
Back to the cuckshed lib.

i'm not wrong, pickups aren't meant for fucking hooning, they're meant to haul and tow shit from point a to point b.

but of course this is burgerland, everyone is entitled to do whatever with their property.

you pickup cucks are an embarrassment, and like to fuck your sister on the daily.
>inb4 nice stereotype

I see OP is ready to join the land barge cuckmobile force.

Dont forget to install SIX ROWS OF HI BEAMS to blind all drivers in a 2 mile radius. Real truck driver.

>the virgin mindset and what he belives (bottom)
>the chad mindset (top)

>works retail(you)

>i'm not wrong, pickups aren't meant for fucking hooning
And? It still doesn't mean they still aren't fun to hoon. Not my fault you can't have fun.

>my concern is the difficulty of parking.

If you can't park one of these, you shouldn't have a fucki no license. Relatively speaking, they're not that fucking big unless you only know how to maneuver a 1.5L faggotbox to pick up Tyrone from the liquore mart. Buy what you want user, you should know not to ask Veeky Forums for any kind of advice anyway.

No one wants their ass a foot off the ground in a shitty little Civic and unable to see anything on the road. Don't subject others to your misery faggot

Econoboxes also aren't "made for hooning". Doesn't make it any less fun, in fact shit that isn't "made for hooning" is more fun. Trucks are the fucking shit and you should kys.
t. non-cletus dude from top 2% family

>My daddy is a millionare, but I post on Veeky Forums defending redneck mobiles

Just notifying you I'm not cletus and I still think, rather I KNOW, you're a faggot. What are you doing on Veeky Forums if you seem to be such a pragmatist when it comes to cars? You know this place is mostly for enthusiasts right? Should hooning in anything that isn't a proper sports car or whatever the fuck be discouraged for no good reason at all? God you're gay m8.

Ever jumped a truck. Being airborne is fucking fun!

>thinks he is a enthusiaist while operating his 7000lb, moving day spa lazboy recliner

I'd be enthused if I was riding around in a lazboy reclining spa

Oh boy another yuppie asshole is getting a truck now that gas is cheap again.

Every car out there puts your ass one foot from the ground. How are you this retarded?

Exactly my point stupid nigger. Use your fucking head

Cletus back from fucking sister to defend redneck mobile....wewlad!!!

Yea m8, fucking your sisters pussy in my f150 was pretty nice. She even swallowed it all, what a champ

Keep your Accord for DD duty and get a Craigslist $3000 truck with a manual transmission for doing regular truck things (or with an auto trans if you're going to be doing lots of towing). Or go all in on a Ram 3500 Cummins 6 speed and roll all the coals....

>buying a large pickup truck for no intended purpose what so ever.

Yes...YES!!!!!

lawl....alright Cletus, it's time to have coitus with uncle Tom.

Parking is not usually a problem. But mines the 5’7” box. Lifted and on 285/75 18 and drives like a dream. Gets about 14 city on regular and 11 on e85. I love it

>Haha glebus :DDDD

Did someone in a truck fuck your mom? There's no way you could be this bootyblasted otherwise

nope, but im sure your mom have been down that path once too many times

Yep, definitely projection. Here's one more (you), spend it wisely kiddo

>Do not get a truck if you don't need it to haul shit.
Based from what I see on the roads, only shitty white toyota hiluxes are actually used for hauling shit. All other trucks are shiny and clean and haul only their driver's ass.

>i'm not wrong, pickups aren't meant for fucking hooning, they're meant to haul and tow shit from point a to point b.
Whoa, friend, it's 2k17. Trucks are now personal luxury vehicles, they're meant to dominate and intimidate others.

That yo truck?

Trucks were always personal luxury vehicles since the 70s, and even then they still used them as work trucks.

I daily one of these and I have absolutely no reason to other than it was a free hand me down from my uncle's company.
I dont know if I should get something smaller because this truck is mechanically perfect but pretty beat up and has close to 350k miles.

Sometimes when I film people like you parallel parking when I have the extra time. But I usually dont have /that/ much time.

I even like driving trucks, but you’re delusional if you think parking a truck isn’t more difficult than nearly any other type of car.

Does your dumbass really think its as easy to park this compared to a sedan or some shit?

M8

>4door duallys are the same as a 150/1500

These two retards obviously never drove trucks before

>implying a 150/1500 is still easy to park compared to literally anything else
Nigger, I drove box trucks. You don't need to tell me what is and isn't easy to park. You're just fucking retarded and grasping at straws.

Fuckin do it then. I do tree work and want to start doing side work on the weekends and needed a truck. Been driving just Miatas since 17 but owned a lifted ram 1500 for a few months and loved it. Just traded my cheap Miat for this truck yesterday I've deemed "big ugly"
95 turbo diesel 6" lift on 35's which will be used to pull trailers and chippers. It's fucking awesome to drive around in a skyscraper. Gonna replace the Batts and glow plugs and do a roll on paint job, she'll be worth $5,000+ in no time because the truck market is insane

Yeah, it’s mine

Parking is not hard at all unless you're a nose-in normie then you just have to know exactly where your truck ends. Backing in is absolutely effortless.

Mine is a 13 with the 6.5' bed.

What engine? Also do you use the crew cab often? I love that face, the new one is butt ugly imo

3.5 egoboost. The dogs sit in the back floor since it's flat and I don't want my seat ruined. I does look awkward at some angles. I think a leveling kit and some bigger tires would help it, but I don't want to modify it at all anytime soon.

I drove a truck like for years, usually with a 20’ gooseneck behind it as well and never had a problem parking it. Hell I’ve driven box and dump truck at work and have gotten them through tighter spots than you probably ever taken you cuckmobile through. It’s not our fault you suck at driving
Don’t listen to these cucks who cry about parking or if you need to haul shit. If you want a truck then get a truck. Don’t let others tell you how to live

I own 3 other vehicles you nigger

Parking isn't a problem per se if you know your trucc's size and you have good spatial awareness

However, any faggot claiming that driving a truck in the city is just as easy as driving a sedan is lying to themselves. Sure, you might have an easier time merging and whatnot, but everything else (ie backing out of ANY parking spot if you have another row of cars behind you, u-turns, parallel parking into small spaces) will be harder than driving a car. Anyone who denies this is a lying sack of shit

That doesn't count if you live in the middle of fucking nowhere. Come and tell me parking a dually in Los Angeles is as easy as parking a shit box. You must be fucking braindead. The only real spaces you can fit in are open parking lots that don't have fucking gates and even then it's a squeeze if you have no clue what you're doing. Good luck paralleling here and squeezing in garages. Trust me. It ain't happening unless you're driving a 1500 or some shit.

found the METAL MULISHA / ROUGH COUNTRY / DODGE THE FATHER, RAM THE DAUGHTER faggot truck owner

>living in a big city
>being so asshurt over trucks
why do you people even come to these threads

I don't live in the city, and I own a truck you braindead moron

We're simply calling out how much of a colossal retard you are by claiming that driving and parking around the city on a truck is just as easy as driving a normal car. Which is not, at all.

The new f-150's are pretty fast good at off-road and have great power, if you were in the market for a half-ton truck, the are a great choice. On a side note, lots of people complain that the frame is aluminium, if the idea bothers you then you'll need to look at other trucks.

Them wheels are gay as fuck

Please show me where I said parking a truck in a city was easy. I just said in my experience that parking a truck in general was just as easy as a car

I have no problem owning a dually in LA. I have zero fucking use for it and I still own one. But don't tell me it is as easy to park than your average shitbox.

>parking a truck in general was just as easy as a car
A 500k pop. flyover state "city" doesn't count, champ.

I barely was able to drive around a Toyota Camry or a Ford Ranger at my own place in the inner city. Owning a pickup in the city is retarded.

>ctrl+f "Ridgeline"
>no results found

OP, just get a Ridgeline. It gives you what you want in a truck that's actually hospitable to daily. Even the AWD model gets 28 mpgs. It's literally designed with people like you in mind, and you'll make much better use out of it than you will with any other truck if you aren't actually using it for work.

Kind of looks like the Colorado if it wasn't retarded.

australia pls go

I drive a 2013 F150 XL Extended. Bought it because I was getting tired of asking my dad to borrow his whenever I wanted to go riding. I could have got an SUV and a trailer but you can’t go to the same places doing it that way. You don’t have to haul concrete daily to own a truck. If you have the money and want it go for it. I found myself using my truck to haul more often now that I have it

They aren't hard if you aren't retarded. And apparently you're retarded, so I understand the difficulty

The ridgeline is a wannabe avalanche

ridgeline is fucking sexy. what about a toyota tacoma?

Toyota tax bruh

Old Ford trucks are the shit, ultimate comfy. The seat is probably the softest seat of all the vehicles I have.

>He can't park a ranger

I recommend suicide

a ranger is literally a taurus with different sheet metal and taller ride height you fucking mongoloid. turn in your goddamn license.

As far as parking goes, for me parking a truck is easier than parking a car since the mirrors are huge so you don't have to look out the windows to back up. You can see so much in truck mirrors. Other than that just swing wide, that's really all there is to it. Also you need a decent depth perception.

Gas milage will be shit no matter what you get, just get a V8 for reliability and power.

If you're not buying a truck to haul shit in it then don't buy a fucking truck.

>hooning in a truck is only fun if you plan to go offroad

>t. Some one who has never been hooning in truck

whats the difference between crossover and suv? why is it such a big deal?

To be fair they have an absolutely terrible turning radius compared to any normal car
>t. service truck at my job is a ford ranger

Thanks man. They’re pretty dope, huh?