Why so poor

> 250k in income over three years since graduation
> 5k saved up

Granted, I have traveled all over the world, gone skiing, paid off maybe 10k in debt, and had some mishaps, but I really don't feel like I have lived it up THAT much.

So where is my money going?

what's going wrong Biz? Why am I still poor? Is it just living in Boston? My rent is 1700 in an uncool neighborhood for christ sakes.

I feel like I am going nowhere.

you should try going to r9k

first step is to write a budget buddy. Start keeping track

>Is it just living in Boston

You're living in a cucked city in the second most cucked state in New England where in general the cost of living is abnormally high compared to the rest of the country.

Learn to budget and handle your money you fucking normie.

Didn't give much information so have to guess. Breakdown per year over 3 years.
83.33 pretax per year
66.67 aftertax
20.4 rent
46.27 after rent
3.33 per year debt payment
42.94 after debt payment
1.67 savings
44.61 after saving spent on cars, food, trips, and women/men

well your housing expense is retarded, you are throwing away like 20k a year and getting 0 equity.

Beyond that its probably food, alcohol, fun things, small stuff like oil changes haircuts.

It all adds up.

I'm a big believer in enjoying money while you are young, but you should have at least 20k in the bank at this point, you will need to retire one day, 5k is not good.

Stop obsessing over money. You've made well enough for yourself. Pursue a profound joy instead. Seek a spiritual fullness. God bless you user.

1700 for rent in Boston is extraordinarily high for someone making roughly $83k/year. I live in Boston as well, make about $110k/year, and pay 1365 for rent (going down to 1100 when I move next month) and I honestly think I spend a lot. All of my friends spend under 1000. When I first moved here, I was paying $650 for one room in a 3br. I think your rent is hurting you a lot I would imagine. Also idk if you're anything like me but a lot of my money goes towards eating out, and it can be surprising how much that adds up to. That's something that's pretty easy to do in Boston and it's not cheap.

Whats the first most cucked state in NE, Maine?

CT is the first isn't it? We're worse than Rhode Island. Fuck this place. At least NYC, Jersey, DC, Cuckifornia have upward mobility.

Or just sacrifice one year so you have a safety net for the rest of your life. It doesn't take much to not fuck yourself over for a ski trip or two.

You have the decision making process and discipline of a 13 year old still thats why. This isn't hard.

maine is pretty based from my experience, although apparently there's a shitload of somalians in some relatively urban areas, as well as tons of massholes shitting it up (i suppose i'm one, kek)
i think he means vermont?

>1.67 savings
What?

>44.61 after saving spent on cars, food, trips, and women/men
Shit's expensive, kid.

>90k in income since i graduated 3 years ago (last year i made the most....40k...)
>debt free
>got a decent car for 15k cash (which i can still sell for 12-13k)
>20k in savings
>2k to spend on whatever

I live in a tiny ass room in the outskirts of denver; 300 month rent + 600month budget (which includes 300$ of other bills)

Maybe dont live in a fucking expensive place?

>Maybe dont live in a fucking expensive place?
Then he will lose his well-paying job?

-- 44.61 after saving spent on cars, food, trips, and women/men

Keep this important stuff, get rid of everything else.

OP needs a crash course on "how to survive a month with a few hundred bucks" or something like that. There might be even a niche, someone can create a program and sell it.

I seriously think that this thread might be b8.
>My rent is 1700
>have traveled all over the world
>Why am I still poor?

Seriously?!
Rent a cheaper apartment, don't "travel over the world" and don't buy/finance new cars every year?
I could have saved at least 100k from that money.

Poor people don't travel and take ski trips numbnuts

Well are you keeping a monthly budget?

Try spending less than the average American income per year ($25,000) and you will have $225,000 before taxes saved.

I really don't understand what people like you actually spend money on, is it all just $50 lunches?

the system is devised to make you spend. the bosses dont want people to have anything to keep working like fucking slaves just look at all the lifestyle ads pruning moneyz out of your aspirational ass

>5k saved
>3 years
>5/3
>1.67

Common core is worse than I thought

He can commute.

If he's single he's probably got about 30% going to taxes, so he's down to $175k. Also if he's making that much money its likely in a bigger city so double that average 25k a year for city-life, now he's down to 125k.

So 225k? Maybe not. But he should be able to save 125k a year easy.

commuting kills happiness

Truest thing posted on Veeky Forums all week

Do you live alone or with other people?

I pay 1500 in a suburb of Boston and it's money well spent to avoid having roommates.

I live in an awesome 2br right on the red line and I have one roommate. I prefer having a roommate and being able to live in such a great location over living alone further away, but that's just personal preference. Next month at the 1100 place will actually be 2200 for a 1br in the same area that my fiance and I are moving into.

Either way though, there are plenty of cheaper places. People who are tight for money can find places for $700 easily. Obviously though, you would need to have roommates.

I can testify. Commuting to university was unbearable. Luckly I got a car.