Okay, I want you to justify how and why the Tesla brand is a terrible...

Okay, I want you to justify how and why the Tesla brand is a terrible. What's so bad about Tesla that it made a good chunk of Veeky Forums loathe it so much?

Pretentious Silicon Valley mantras, mediocre build quality, business model built on stocks instead of products, blind cult following.

golf cart. not a real car.+

Power company pretending to be a car manufacturer

electric is too expensive to be accessible for the average american, there's no standardized charging system, so you're forced to follow one brand's market.
the silicon valley elitist BMW-tier branding pisses me off too.
also it looks like a camry

what he said

Out of morbid curiosity I've gone onto Telsa pages/groups/forums and the amount of hubris emanating from those shitholes is on par with the DNC.

Idk about the rest of Veeky Forums, but the reason i hate it so much is because i cant work on it. Cant modify it, cant fix it if it breaks. My hobby is working on cars, not driving them

it's down to the fanbase, like a lot of things on 4shit it's the bad fan base that ruins the product

and man tesla disciples are horribly annoying fucks

What most people don't see is the huge EV charging standard format war going on right now. Tesla is building a ton of infrastructure, but it's a walled garden since no other cars can charge with it. So you either buy a Tesla with its subpar build quality and maintainability (the car was built by consumer-electronics engineers more than automotive engineers) or you buy another EV that lacks any quick charging capability and deal with having, at max, a ~100 mile radius of operation. Tesla's not helping EVs get adopted any faster even if they think they are.

I have friends that just graduated with mech eng degrees working for tesla. Theyre being paid 15/hr and then given stocks to make up for it and I keep telling them theyre going to get screwed when the company goes under

>$15/he

That's literally base level pay as a cart attendant at Target in 2 years. What a fucking ripoff

>Idk about the rest of Veeky Forums, but the reason i hate it so much is because i cant work on it. Cant modify it, cant fix it if it breaks. My hobby is working on cars, not driving them

The only one preventing those things from happening is you.

They aren't working as engineers then, sounds like they are working as entry level techs or factory workers. Or, far more likely, you are just lying. Protip: Tesla salaries are publicly available, see Glassdoor. Engineering interns start at $28/hr. Product engineers start at $126k a year.

We loathe tesla because there are 11 threads a day about
>LMAO ICE BTFO XDD!!!!1!!!!!
or alternatively
>WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE TESLA LOL?? ARE THEY ASSMAD POORFAGS???!!11!

I’m the opposite. I don’t care for working on cars at all, and I enjoy driving them.

Perhaps that’s why I don’t get off to Tesla hate.

Self driving cars will spell the end of manually driven cars and Tesla is at the forefront of it. I don't know if they have done the most but they're trying very hard

I can guarantee you they're compensated well with Tesla shares. They probably make more than half their salary off of stocks.

I've lost $1k in my Tesla stock in the past 2 weeks, so that's kinda lame. But other than that they're cool.

most people here are "petrolheads" and Tesla is at the forefront of the EV push

Build quality is shocking, that's when they actually build cars not just taking money from "customers" and using it to fund other things.

Gotta say that I don't think many, if any posters here are driving the P100D on a regular enough basis to actually hold any opinion on the matter that isn't surface level.
It embarrasses most combustion engines, N/A or otherwise, in the 1/4, maintenance is far less than on an average car (unless those batteries die) and I personally feel that the company is pretty cool. I mean I'm all for solar powered battery packs that power my house and a silent missle car that can reach 100 miles an hour in barely 10 seconds are really cool products. Plus to anyone who thinks the Model S is ugly, I agree. Lets get together and start "Tesla 2" and use their patents to make way faster and attractive cars. MMK?

Tesla and its fans are insistent on replacing all traditional facets of cars and car culture. Sure, they are likely fun to drive because of the off the line acceleration, but comparing it to ICE cars seems to be like comparing steel and wooden roller coasters. Accounting for how committed Musk and his fans are to completely burying the ICE paradigm in such a short amount of time, there is a possibility that all the gas stations will close down and maintaining an ICE car becomes prohibitively expensive.

Sure, for commuting purposes, EVs offer a ton of benefits, and the problems could be worked out in the very near future. However, I intend to drive for recreation until I'm too senile to do so, and the experience of ICE cars, like the experience of wooden roller coasters, is irreplaceable due to subjective qualities that can't be recorded on a spreadsheet.

TL;DR: I'm scared of EV zealots crushing my dreams and those of millions who share my dreams

- Interior quality is too shit for the price
- A fucking glued gigantic iPad in the middle
- Quirks and Features™ only appeal to the same people who unironically buys Apple products

They have to offer more than just

What exactly can an ICE car do that a Tesla can't do better? Explain that to me please.

Open the door with the door handle. Nothing to do with the ICE, everything to do with the Tesla design issues.

Drive a sports car, hell drive any car with a manual transmission, learn to drive manual on a backroad and you'll find out. The thing is you don't need a guy with an english degree to describe it for you (it will likely bore you to death); you can probably do it now, for free, its that accessible .

Even a nu-male like me would rather drive a prius, at least Toyota reliably extends to their electric drive-trains and I can still act smug to ICE cars.

Refer to my roller coaster analogy. Despite wooden roller coasters being a lot slower and incapable of inversions, people still line up for them every summer. This is because they wobble and shake, offer minimal restraints, and have storied histories behind them. ICE cars are very similar in the sense that despite being slower off the line, they make noise, offer huge aftermarkets and avenues for customization, and if it's an older car, it would have the qualities I explained earlier with the roller coaster.

Recreation doesn't operate entirely on objectivity; that's more for when the vehicle is being used as a tool for transportation alone. You can enjoy the Tes la experience, and I can enjoy the traditional American shitbarge experience, and that's entirely okay, because there isn't one all-encompassing way to enjoy cars or anything else.

>inb4 I'm too smart for subjectivity; muh feelz isn't an argument, etc.

>what's so bad about an inferior technology forced upon us by social studies majors
sage

drive. last. not waste scarce resources. just a few examples.