imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread:

1st for Piercing Fix update WHEN?

>strawpoll.me/4613115

Crimson vs Corruption

Which do you prefer and why?

I just prefer corruption for thematic reasons, though that may be cause i've been playing since long before the crimson was a thing.

what be that?

I bought the 3DS version a few days ago on sale, how do I get past the Dungeon Guardian?

talk to the old man outside the dungeon at night, this will start a boss fight so you should be geared up

Fuck the guy who made almost fucking impossible to get the items for fish finder instead of making them sold by the fisherman
Fuck even more the guy who made the blindfold unique for corruption
also, 60 fucking hours in and I didn't even know there existed underground desert
And I still can't find it.

Crimson, because is kinda harder with better equipment I think?

any servers up?

Man, why is the fucking jungle so overrated?

Thorium worth playing for someone who hasn't played in a while?

Drop tremor. It's shit tier, poorly balanced, and steals from other mods. Only use Thorium for a large amount of content. If you're looking at Calamity, it doesn't fit too well. Some good QoL mods to look at are Boss Checklist, Magic Storage, Recipe Browser, Which Mod is This From, Vanilla Tweaks, and Summoner's Association. Spirit is reportedly good alongside Thorium, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Yes. It just had a big content update with it's bard class.

Awesome, also how do you install mods now? It's been a while since I've done any modding

Download tmodloader. Most mods you can find are on the mod browser integrated into the main menu's ui. Thorium isn't on there yet, so you'll have to download it manually. Pretty simple though, just open the mods folder from in game and drop it in.

Great, thanks for the help. Are all those QoL mods you listed compatible with Thorium?

Should be, they're the ones I use, along with the Veeky Forums mod someone made here which is also a pretty good small QoL mod. All mods are compatible, but a lot of major content mods will have overlapping content from having the same ideas or just be poorly balanced when combined.

Starting Thorium and I see a whistle for a Bard class, am I stuck using only that class if I use it?

Why would you be? It's just like any other weapon in the game.

Oh okay, wasn't sure since I'm new to the mod.

I love it when the Hallowed spawns on your Corruption Biome

So I started a new world, head to the right and hit a dessert with a pyramid sticking out the ground.
And now I'm digging out all the sand around it.

Crimson on mage/range playthroughs due to ichor being easy to use with them
Corruption on melee because no piercing, and getting maximum air time with balloons and boots slowly taking down the parts with Star Fury is so satisfying

Plebe base 101

I want to apply lotion to the Dryad's wide hips.

Crimson because backstory

>I've decided I want to be either Healer, Magic or Summoner
I haven't played Healer or Summoner very far into the game, but I do know that Magic is not very good. It's got some good utility weapons (the Hallowed Staff) but you don't need to be a mage to use them. In the end, you will be screwed over by massive mana costs.
If you're already a Summoner, keep going. I agree that the meteor summons are boatloads of fun. It miffs me that modded summons can't be summoned at the cursor, though. (Unless that's been fixed in some update.)
Don't forget to make the meme weapon after entering the Dungeon. It's got summoning damage, so Mana Sickness does nothing to it.
The next time you play a server, become a Thrower. At one point in the game, it escalates really, really steeply. Buy the books from the desert NPC asap or you'll have to make a new world to get them.

Just installed like 10 mods.
I feel like i never played this game before.

Use the fucking pastebin for the OP, you moron. It's even written right there.

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.

Fuck you

rolling

>Somebody posts something you made
Feels good man.
>That filename
Please don't spam it..

I'm gonna.

Meme weapon?

And what books sorry?

Is prefixes for enemies a meme or is it actually good?

The prefixes are bullshit in the end-game and make mob farming painful, but otherwise are pretty cool and add a layer of carefulness to the game.
The items are cool. The greatbows in particular are absolutely overpowered.

>Star Dust Dragon keeps flying off and killing enemies off screen
>I'm paranoid I'm missing super rare 1/100000000 drops
I'm just glad all I care about are Crimson keys right now.

Use ayy lmao ufos.

My idea for the angler:

>right off the bat, he sells bait (for 4x what you can sell them for currently)
>every five quests, he is guaranteed to give you one of the special items he has
>he won't give you the same item twice, so you won't end up with five sextants but no bug net
>after giving you an item as a reward, it will be available to buy along with the bait

How long should the walkway for expert WoF be?

I usually make mine half the world, but I always play on large worlds. So that would be ~8000 feet. That's usually more than enough for me to beat the wall.

Is there a faster way of making the walkway than just placing it block by block?

tedit

i guess but it feels like cheating

That's why servers sound more fun

What was the mod with the npc that sells potions?

I didn't have enough gemstones to make a hookshot nor did I manage to drop one, but I wanted to face the first boss anyway.

So I made an arena to jump up and around on using wood platforms and some rope, it was pretty dope. I'm thinking of expanding it and using it as my final destination anytime I use a boss summoning monster

How can i protect my jungle before i go into hardmode

Daily reminder nurse is best waifu and dryadfags are practically closet furries.

Make a 4 tile tunnel between it and the corruption. I don't remember if it's better to fill it with wood or to just crack open the wall.

ok that's gonna take some time
i wish i had that ride-able mining ball

Jungle mud also takes a really long time to get corrupted, so you shouldn't be too worried.

F-Fuck

do the jungle mud walls corrupt too?

What should I make with the crimtane ore drops the eye of chtullu gave me? I managed to make 15 bars and have one leftover.

I don't really like the appearance of crimson tools, even if they are better, but I also don't want to waste them.

Also, how bad is a small pickaxe?

rollan

>play with prefixes
>Tonight will be a terrible night
>alright I can do this
>get all my 20 potions and buffs and shit
>it spawns
>just get permastunned in the middle of the fight
>read 'Petrifying Retinazer' as they fly away

I will choke a fucking bitch.
Can you disable some of these debuffs? Because you damn fuck well should be able to.

Not that mad, it's mostly just the hitbox for attacking, small should actually have a speed modifier, so it's better for digging.

>don't like crimson tools
Too bad, required, unless you want to go fishing for a Reaver Shark. Won't really matter until later though when you want to start mining Hellstone and once you can make Molten bars you can make the pick you will be using to gather the Hard Mode ores.

So, should I make a pickaxe out of it for the future? I can do that, but until the time comes I'll try to stick with my platinum piackaxe. I really fucking hate the crimson aesthetic, kinda wish I'd gotten corruption instead

Yes, you will need it for hell stone, unless you want to take up fishing for the Reaver Shark out of the ocean, which will let you bypass everything.

No, fuck you.

Sure, when and where?

You don't. It's a waste of time unless you plan on playing for 350 hours on the same medium map.

No. Also, the gap should be of 3 blocks if you really decide to dig it.

Can Thorium mix with other mods?

Yes, Highlander mods don't exist. The only problem is that Terraria is a 32bit application, so it has a 3.5 gig limit that it shares with all 32bit applications running at the same time. If you install a lot of mods that effect world gen, like Spirit and Calamity, you could end up running out of memory during world generation. Hopefully 1.4 will move it into 64bit and we won't have to worry about that anymore.

So lucky, menacing or violent as melee char?

>corrupt mud blocks?
>No.

But they do? Corruption converts the mud into normal dirt, and then that gets corrupted. It takes longer but it totally does it.

walls not blocks
i asked about the walls

Perhaps you should reread that. Mud WALL, which doesn't corrupt.

Is 1.4 really moving to 64-bit because just the thought of it makes me hard

Probably not. "Moving to 64-bit" isn't such an easy task, especially when using outdated .net Microshaft redists. But I don't think I could be any harder anyway.

I don't know where else to ask, but considering this game is close to it, maybe you guys know.

What happened to /sbg/?

Overrun by yes-men, briefly migrated to infinity. Be glad it's dead, the game is still a pile of festering shit.

Was it really? I remember it being full of bitching about how the game was shit up until the threads fell off and never came back. Then again, haven't Starbound threads died and come back multiple times?

Darn. lewd

Pickaxe or drill?
>tfw used the original copper pickaxe up until I got the crimson one

Pickaxe.

Pickaxe is faster and less annoying.

>not using the copper pickaxe up until the reavershark ten minutes in
Newfaggot.

Is it?

expert mode hardmode is literally rape. i got goblin invasion on my first day and i couldn't do nothing. holy shit.
fuck the fair play. i am gonna play with my endgame set character.

How does the 3DS version fare anyway, I seriously doubt its up to date compared to PC version tho

>expert mode
>wearing wood armor
>gobby army appears
>fields around house flooded with tombstones

i have adamantite armor dipshit

n-no that was what happened to me I hit submit too early

Anyone else here who have hundreds of hours in the game and is itching to play more, but doesn't play because it's a commitment?

I can't play for 3-4 hours a day, when i play i do it for several hours at a time. The only exception is when i play with others, but i don't have friends atm. I don't have time to play now that i have a job. Can't wait for summer vacation in 2 weeks. I haven't played in months, but i regularly post here.

Crimson
Reason 1: Red is my favourite color
Reason 2: Armor is better, I think. I just like how it gives an over-all increase to damage
Reason 3: Ichor

Also, I like how they are color coded in the poll

So I was afk farming pixes for the megaphone and when I came back I saw one on the ground and when I went to loot it it turned into a star cloak. What.

Smart Cursor

Pickaxe is technically better
But I just love drills more, they're more satisfying and for the forst three hardmode ores + hallowed, only drills existed originally, so they're also a bit nostalgic for me.

lol Veeky Forums going strong while /indie/ in the grave

I love Terraria,

>a meteorite has landed

Which biome?

In your Underground Desert or Dungeon Entrance.

Underground crimson.

Floating island

Ocean.

One floating block in the sky.