/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

>Simultaenous Logout Measures
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/263f9a10fe534e8c93e43d08fde73eaba1c52976

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/27vjvASi

Last time on /xivg/:

Why is there no Ranger class or Hunter or something?

I want to use bow and arrow but not be some faggy bard with gay weenie attacks and songs

Them's the breaks, kiddo.

Best tank?
Best DPS?
Best healer?

PLD
NIN
WHM

PLD, BLM, WHM

Holy trinity.

BRD cannibalised XI's RNG

Sidewinder, Barrage, etc.

Only in SB is it starting to feel like BRD instead of singing RNG. :/

DRK
MNK
WHM

Beastmaster never.

THE SEAS PART FOR WE ALONE

I thought WHM was bad still

what about moses

PLD SAM AST

battle screens!

thicc

I honestly don't know.
It's a bizarre design choice and acts only as a remnant of the 1.0 design philosophy.

WHM has better mana management now, which was the main thing holding them back. Now they're made of turbo raidmom heals.

>he doesn't know

WAR
MCH
SCH

WHM is fine. Just compared to AST it sucks cause Balance is retarded. SCH could use some help.

Meme
Meme-Egi
Meme2

kupo

xth for red mages

So I'm trying to (re)learn tanking DRK, as I basically lvled it to 60 in HW...and never touched it again.

My main questions are when Im tanking packs, when do I use unleash vs abyssal drain? And do I always use the dark-arts-version of the ability if I have the mp, or should I only be saving it for certain moves? Are the some dark-arts versions I shouldn't even be bothering with?

PLD - feels like a "real" tank
RDM - most fun to me
WHM - again like a "real" healer + holy spam all day every day

bricks
all white bricks
off white bricks
light tan bricks

DRK - Edgelord tank
NIN - Edgelord dps
AST - Edgelord heals

I'm set.

The only time you use unleash is at the start of the pull and you can't hit everything with abyssal, it's strictly worse in every other way
For single target you can generally DA anything but Carve and Spit is highest priority for it

You always use unleash over abyssal for aggro. You only use abyssal in huge packs for aoe and HP regen.

DA abyssal drain on HUUUUUUUGE packs
dont bother with the line AoE with DA the effect sucks unleash everytime for every souleater combo if your dps is retarded or if there's a big dick BLM

Is there anyway outside of the ex primals to get a better ring?

really makes me think

JUST

Nope. To EX Lak you go. She's pretty easy

So how fun is Red Mage?
Would you recommend it?

>go through quicksands to get to inn room
>check a few random lalas search info
>all erpers
One of these days I'm just gonna fucking lose control.

Nope. Just do Lakshmi. You have to be literally retarded not to clear it.

I would.
It's kind of like baby's first black mage, but when I say that I don't mean it's dumbed down in a negative way. It's more like you balance what you're doing but with far less punishment if you miss your rotation slightly.

Getting massive melee attacks in is hella satisfying (plus the best wardrobe of all classes). Healing on the side makes me feel like I'm helping, even if I'm not. It's fun to play no matter what you do.

Samurai is pretty fun when you get all the movement tools and the ability to get lots of kenki.

What if I'm retarded?

There's still a chance you can get carried provided you're not playing healer/tank

IZA MAE! O FURE!

>NIN
Haven't touched my NIN main since I started playing again because it's been 2 years and too much has changed
No idea how to play it anymore

I was retarded enough to level up WAR to 70, what do you think?

>Pre-stormblood I can flash once, do circle of scorn and keep aggro on all dungeon mobs
>Post stormblood I have to spam flash over and over and over and over without actually doing anything

This fucking sucks ass

What are some good walls to use with the manor floor?

are there any boyfriend-free girls on balmung? IRL girls only and not trannies

>ran ARR and HW MSQs with PLD but did SB with SAM for the quest EXP
>could have PLD at 70 now but I can't stop leveling low level healers
What is wrong with me

Palace wall
Palace floor

Fuck off

Want to keep them all to yourself, do you?

I'm so sorry.

Unleash costs less than Abyssal, it's that simple.

Can the resident catboyslutposter please post a detailed list of their sexual desires..?
I'm asking for my step-sister.

Wut. 4-5 flashes, FoF, scorn, spin spam usually keeps everything on you unless some asshole is only single targetting.

Are there any IRL girls in this thread who will be my gf?

While leveling PLD to 70 I've been doing Flash+SoC once everything's gathered up, then Flashing every two or three Total Eclipses with FoF and it's been fine.

BRD

lol

There's only like 4 actual females in this general and they're either 1. taken, or 2. gay, or 3. empty husks of asexuality

Chris-chan who let you in here?

Power levelling my crafts but I ran out of leves, money and work starts on Monday. This is where IGE came in handy in the FFXI days.

Which site have you used to buy gil?

you use unleash to tag mobs in awkward spots and that's it

AD has the best MP to damage ratio, rendering dark passenger almost useless. If you spam AD into a crowd, you should never lose aggro, because it also has an aggro multiplier.

Only Dark Arts if you desperately need the health RIGHT NOW and have spare mana, because otherwise it's better spent on Blackest Night.

None. I learned a lesson in 2.0 that I keep so hard to my heart that it threatens to crush it. And I hope you learn from my lesson and perish the thought from your mind

don't be mean please

Someone needs to take one for the team and date Elk so we don't have to see him posting about wanting a girlfriend. I volunteer Meria.

Sorry.

Kroe is single, but she doesn't really play at the moment on Balmung.

Who wants to bet they get rid of tank stances before/at 5.0?

Post male lizards.

This is why I'd rather be self sufficient then spending all my money on mats. I think the most I ever spent was like 300k on tigerskins which I made back by selling a crafting piece.

When would you use dark passenger should I chunk it off my HB

Pretty sure she doesn't want a boyfriend, if you want a free ride though she might be up for it.

Reminder to come to Mateus for video games and friends!

Because I'm in lover with her, I'm going to marry Yugiri Mistwalker, the cute lizard assassin!

Why not CG? Oh wait...

You can find friends on any server.

Stop shilling that dead server

Why did they take away the dots? I never once heard someone complain about too many dots

Because I'm in lover with him, I'm going to marry Zenos yae Galvus, the cute edgy prince!

I did

Where's our resident pugilist
How is he taking the new role actions?

LOVE EM

you use it if you need to burn mana really fast

it's a little more efficient if you Dark Arts it, but then you're paying mostly for the blind.

for fuck sake don't summon the turbo autist

he rerolled to strength melee rdm

Never use Unleash. I don't really mean "Never use Unleash when you have access to Abyssal Drain", either. Just never use Unleash, unless you absolutely need the enmity. It doesn't become a DPS gain over Souleater combos until it's hitting 6 or more enemies, and it doesn't become a DPS gain over Souleater combos + DA Dark Passenger until it's hitting about 9 enemies. Just don't use it. Leave dungeons where you're synced too low to have Abyssal Drain if you have to.

Don't use DA Abyssal Drain, basically ever in Stormblood, unless you have Blood Price running and you managed to find a pull where you're tanking like 12 or more enemies. And even then, use it sparingly. More GCDs to use non-DA Abyssal Drain almost always beats the heal you get from it.

Basically don't Dark Arts ever in AoE, except when you don't have Abyssal Drain and you're using it on DADP. But once you get Abyssal Drain, stop using Dark Passenger entirely, with or without DA. Never, ever, ever DA Quietus, once you get that. And when you're doing more AoE pulls than single-target, you never want to DA Carve and Spit, either, because you need the MP generation more than the extra single-target damage.

If this all sounds really fucked up, it's because it is. They really destroyed DRK at levels

It's not dead though.

Then why are there plenty of balmungers asking for friends?

Why are you asking people to go to your server?

>pld dps rotation
>every thing lines up perfectly
>MP recovers to full right as your 2nd Req is ready and FoF is about to wear off

>DRG rotation
>fucking disgusting mess
>nothing lines up
>4 ogcds all come off CD at the same time with different priorities

Makes you think.

>get put on par with other jobs
>"we were destroyed!"

>It's not dead though.
Then why do I never see a single person from Mateus farming primals?

So people that are friendless can make friends.

>farming primals
welcome to last week kiddo

so beepy can play with someone

>quest doesn't end with a marriage proposal
Wow...

Since early access. I have seen no Mateus players.

Jesus the buyer's remorse of the morons that moved to Mateus is strong, huh?