/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

'I don't even play shmups why am I the one creating the thread' edition

Previous thread This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Castle of Shikigami (Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/582980/Castle_of_Shikigami/
>Dangun Feveron M2 port
Somewhere on PSN
>Bullet Soul
store.steampowered.com/app/544580/
>Ghost Blade HD
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/
>Zangeki Warp
store.steampowered.com/app/564040/
>Caladrius Blaze
store.steampowered.com/app/386770/
>DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/
>WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/
>Danmaku Unlimited 3
store.steampowered.com/app/450950/

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
youtube.com/watch?v=M0Z0yj5IDdI
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
kourindou.exblog.jp/25711799/
>Pawarumi
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812914421
>Graze Counter
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=899022724
>Ketsui M2 port
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cpYQLZ-WRpw
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=672193717
youtube.com/watch?v=VW9CvTGNnNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Inq1LYYxyt0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZJiYgqaQRx0
youtube.com/watch?v=N6rCsBF2Cew
youtube.com/watch?v=Mr6kUgO3Aqk
shmupmame.wordpress.com/download/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the FINALBOSS!

>iMalice
It's never coming, is it

Also, friendly reminder. "We need your help!", "thanks for your money"

i hope they failed everything

Is this Pawarumi? Does /shmupg/ unironically care about that euroshmup trash?

so do I
yes. no.

Why is Crimzon Clover such a meme?

Why is cave such a meme?

twitch tv/stgweekly

Cotton 2: Magical Night Dreams

I actually love the way this game looks. Graphically I think it is pretty beautiful for a shmup.

Is STGweekly somehow directly related to this general?

hundred 1cc's so close
just one game left
i should clear something great

We get visits from time to time.

As an aside, honest question, /shmupg/, trying to decide something. How do you feel about autobomb taking your entire resource stock away. If your resources could be used to manually bomb for less consumption but also attack. Would you rather just not have autobomb on a character in that situation?
(autobomb would still require a specific amount of resource in order to even go off)

I don't like autobomb as a mechanic, but if death results in the loss of all my bombs, I don't see how there's any benefit to not having autobombing on. Except for suicides.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=672193717

seems developer died

In this situation dying would deplete your resources to 0 but dump half of what you had onto the field as items to be picked up again. So death isn't a complete reset.

Why is my name appearing as that. There is nothing in the name field

post youre list

Then there's too many variables at hand, depends on the game and kind of run.

there mostly old console shmups and poojins

Bahmpu~

yukkuri creepy as fuck

I just really hate autobombs, no matter what kind. It won't make me stop playing a game, but it really lowers my enjoyment.

Yukkuri are cute! CUTE!

Probably forgo auto-bomb then. Or maybe just add it as an option you can turn on or off with the warning that it will consume everything

Alternatively tie it to low difficulties.

I spent 20 dollars in shmups this sale and it honestly feels like the best money I ever spent on steam.

This is true. So instead of regulating the ability to a single character that people might avoid because it has innate auto-bomb and instead of letting you enable auto at the highest difficulty you can just play on 'easy' if you feel you will need the help (since scoring/efficiency is probably furthest from your mind if you are on easy mode in the first place)

what did you get?

shmups fucking suck, idiot

Mushihimesama, Blue Revolver, Dodonpachi Resurrection, Crimzon Clover.

good choices, but that is more than 20 dollars

I converted it from my national currency and it was about 21 dollars.

What's the best way to play Donpachi on a PC?

hook your pcb up to the capture card in your pc

you DO play on pcb, right?

what did BNM mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=VW9CvTGNnNQ

he means he got cucked by gaymers
youtube.com/watch?v=Inq1LYYxyt0

That's been in the OP for like a year and a half hasn't it?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZJiYgqaQRx0

The scanning mechanic in this game is pretty lame desu.

what

THE SCANNING MECHANIC IN THIS GAME IS PRETTY LAME DESU.

WHAT SCANNING?

THE HOMING MISSILE THING
THE GAME CALLS IT SCANNING
I THINK
EITHER WAY I DON'T LIKE IT A LOT

You forgot your Casper pic, Harry.

You mean the ship lock-on? The radar-like scan?
But that's the best mechanic ever! Too far from enemy the locking become slower or even the radar can't reach it, it encourages you to not always stay on the bottom.

friendly reminder that /vr/stg > Veeky Forumsshmupg

Bahmpu~

I want to bump Patchouli's bumps

Arkanoid vs. Space Invaders is great! The hard stages are especially fun! The normal ones are a bit easy so far, but maybe that'll change.
It's pretty hectic. It makes me want to play the classic Arkanoid and Space Invaders again as well. I'm not sure which versions would be the best, but the NES versions were pretty great.

Bahmpu~

What do you most like and dislike in a danmaku pattern?

I really like streaming combined with stationary curtains of bullets. Random direction fast spreads that cover a lot of space often fuck me in the butt.

Bahmpu~

I like slow methodical patterns. I can react fast usually but constant twitch reaction is tiring and not very fun for me

Last bahmpu before early bed~

Keep flying, /shmupg/

good night shmupg

Ketsui's stage 2 boss has that pattern where he throws bombs at the walls and you have to dodge sideways. I love that attack, I don't even know why. Ketsui has some fun patterns in general. Micrododging slow moving bullets is never fun.

What is this SaiKano shit!

>What do you most like and dislike in a danmaku pattern?
I like patterns with a method and emphasis on execution, i dislike patterns with rng the worst offender being the cave type where the fucking boss cunt sways around erratically changing the trajectories of the pattern.

>friendly reminder that /vr/stg > Veeky Forumsshmupg
Agree we get less of these moe cunt shits over there and more variety.

shumpmame or groovymame.

>what did BNM mean by this?
He's quite the player at danmaku you got to admit, that shit was caves worst hour imo and the beginning of the lazy bullshit that followed.

Yesterday i had a sudden deep urge to play and learn raiden 2 and loved every minute of it, is this it? am i finally ascending into daddom?

post it don't be a bitch

>Agree we get less of these moe cunt shits over there and more variety.
>moe cunt shits
You mean the ones keeping the thread alive?

>quantity over quality

i'd rather those losers fucked off forever even it means no thread.

Streaming/restreaming patterns are fun ,and so are patterns with lots of slow bullets you have to navigate through... unless doing so requires practically perfect precision. Dear Junko, spamming micrododgy rings is NOT an excuse for good pattern design.

dads did not play shmups

FUCK YOU

delet. this makes ashamed for 1cc collecting.

Yet you feel the desire to visit and post in these threads even though they may as well not exist as far as you're concerned, since what you're asking for would inevitably lead to no /shmupg/ existing except for perhaps a full hour a day if even that.

It's not like they hinder discussion or anything.
It's just that there barely ever is any sensible discussion to begin with, only shitflinging and shit memes. It's just /shmupg/ "culture" and getting rid of the only actually sensible individuals keeping it alive won't make it better.

>sensible individuals
>grown adults who roleplay as fictional 2d girls and have waifus

Thanks for the laugh.

If you're going to spambump and not contribute with discussion, a little variety would be nice. It's always the same old lame Casper and Touhou dumps, which makes us look like some /jp/ reject thread.

Why are the bullets so slow in radien v? it looks total shit almost as pleb as raiden 4.

youtube.com/watch?v=N6rCsBF2Cew

consolecucks

Well, they might be waifufags, but for one thing this is hardly the website to be annoyed by that, and secondly they never get involved in our daily retarded arguments, which I'd think counts for something. They also offer insight into their realms of expertise when it's relevant, whether it's Deathsmiles or Touhou or just general shmup discussion.

A lot of it is just bumping but a lot of Veeky Forums threads have to rely on that to stay alive and having someone with the dedication to bump it all fucking day means something when nobody else remembers or has the time or simply can't be bothered to do it.

It doesn't bother me, but sure.

i'm sure it's faster on higher difficulties.

WATCH OUT SHE'S GONNA BLOW!

i've started to like dad games too, but raiden(haven't played 2 yet) is too boring in the first loop, so i set dips on very high difficulty, play as red ship and then get my ass totally kicked with no hope of ever beating the game, but it's fun, although i'm playing wolflame on insane now, it's hopeless too, but stupidly fast bullets make these games more fun.

not a substitute* for good pattern design

(late fix)

raiden 2s first loop is miles harder than raiden you get 2 yawny stages then 3 onwards is all out rape.

>you get 2 yawny stages then 3 onwards is all out rape
that's true for me even in raiden 1. next time i'll actually try to beat it on defaults instead of wasting time in first few levels.
also, just realised insane in lame wolf is too much for me, can't even beat stage 2, though i'm close to beating hard.

i want to die

i want to nmnb

Quit shmups and play idolgames instead.

t. icarus

youtube.com/watch?v=Mr6kUgO3Aqk
so good

What does everyone think of this?
I thought it looked pretty fun honestly.

Garbage-tier patterns.

This plus shit music, the art seemed ok at first then went to hell

Taking a look at the devs youtube video history shows they have been experimenting with shmup gamedev for a while now. It might not look great to some people but its a pretty nice milestone for them when you take in the whole view. That said I think I'm going to check out the demo first and then that may or may not change my mind.

shmupmame.wordpress.com/download/

How come the recommended download is greyed out? Is there a mirror somewhere?

user, are you drunk? It's just badly formatted text dividing the sections.

Bump

Not interested.

Gameplay looks like Touhou inspired shit and the music doesn't fit at all but I do love that kind of art style even though it's pretty empty.

>Cirnofag will never guess his post number

What a shame.

Bahmpu~