We have reached our peak. No cars styling, performance and utility can possibly match this. Prove me wrong

We have reached our peak. No cars styling, performance and utility can possibly match this. Prove me wrong.

hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2003-chrysler-pt-cruiser-base/6371265426.html

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/trevor-peeters-calgary-pt-cruiser-1.3961581
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's amazing

This guy agrees.

cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/trevor-peeters-calgary-pt-cruiser-1.3961581

>That bee plush at the end

YES.

Fun fact: the pt cruiser is classified as a truck. That's how utilitarian it is.

So it's not a Hemi?

So are 2005+ Outbacks, including the sedan version.

it doesnt totally suck. the stripes should have stopped at hood line and the rumble seat is a novel idea. idk i kinda like it cept that lower nose.

don't show Wiley

How did it get the Light Truck classification? Are they produced and tested without rear seating and then the dealer drops it in later, or is it a comparison of cargo volume?

I remember when Ford was making the 1st gen Transit Connect in Turkey, they were all shipped over with a full compliment of seating, to be classified as passenger vans rather than light trucks, which would have incurred the Chicken Tax tariff. Ford then removed and shredded the extra seating when the cars arrived in the USA. I don't know if they were then reclassified as light trucks because the removal of parts constitutes the same as building the entire vehicle or what.

The Cruiser's classification seems like a way to get around safety standards, since it's basically a Neon and they had terrible crash ratings for ages. The Light Truck classification means that to the uneducated consumer, the PT looks like a safer car than the car it's based on.

The chicken tax only applies to imported trucks. The big three and heck, most other companies could be building small trucks and Utes if they wanted because almost all have factories here. They all just agree together not to build any and sell cuckovers because they make more profit

>longitudinal engine cover on a transverse engine
>hemi

hmmmmm

hmmmm

I want to hate it but I cant

Shows why fwd is shit

Technically it is a light van/truck because of the flat rear floor, removable seats, and the high roofline. We all know it’s a car, but Chrysler pushed for it to be classified as a truck so they could say they had the “most fuel efficient truck and van line**”

Kek it was only a matter of time...
I’m not sure how I feel about it tbqhfamalam.

Ur mum's so utilitarian she's classified as a truck m8

Nice dodge viper

>I remember when Ford was making the 1st gen Transit Connect in Turkey, they were all shipped over with a full compliment of seating, to be classified as passenger vans rather than light trucks, which would have incurred the Chicken Tax tariff. Ford then removed and shredded the extra seating when the cars arrived in the USA. I don't know if they were then reclassified as light trucks because the removal of parts constitutes the same as building the entire vehicle or what.

Ford Making America Great Again and Again

This. I absolutely hate pt cruisers (1 nearly took my legs and almost totaled my pos 1st truck (couldnt even fucking do that right)), but OPs pic... its actually kinda cool.

I honestly think the PT will come back around as a budget enthusiast car as the stereotypes die off because fewer of them are on the road being driven by randoms. As OP demonstrates they're already pretty tolerable with a little body work to keep them from automatic "lolptloser" triggering. Have been seriously considering picking up a GT while they're still dirt cheap to fit the roadster slot in my garage

I have a buddy who dailies a 944. He's bought two PTs so far.