/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Sharks Edition

Previous thread: We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/RsCWcSz3
youtube.com/watch?v=vb9rrfSMHkw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BUILDS

YOU FAGGOTS

no

How about a portrait instead?

By the way, if OptiFine breaks your modpack, as of 0.7.0 FoamFix lets you disable texture animations in the in-game mod config as well.

Do you ever feel it, Anons? The nostalgia for Beta 1.0?

what a bunch of qts :3

>first house was made of cactus because no wood
>save is forever lost
those were dark but fun times

ded just as soon as it was birthed

What the holy fuck am I downloading?

THE Kitchen Sink.

ChromatiCraft is still the best magic mod ever.

Also just as expected, even with 6 GB of RAM accolated, I still got a "out of memory error" crash.

Time to delete this monstrosity of a modpack.

what is even occurring

It's a casting complex. It is a end tier structure where you craft alot of interesting, sometimes MAWPC things from ChromatiCraft.

So this just happened to me. Anyone know what it means? Is my map corrupted or something?

Herobrine is behind U :O

Fuck, I remember that. That head was a goddamn airship

That it was.

any good mods updated for 1.10+? techguns, warpdrive etc

Vanilla autism is beautiful and this general should learn to appreciate it more

That was actually on a /vp/ixelmon server so... semi-vanilla.

That was my drug farm. You could craft Energy Powder from sugar and cocoa, and then adding netherwart and potato made it Energy Root. Best part was, you could sell it all to the PokeMarts en-masse for TONS of dosh.

Why do all modded versions after 1.7.10 run so bad?

because microjew and modders highly volatile autism

because lex.

>Flans

you monster

wot

That's my base!

it's been too long, juego

We should all play Vanilla :^]

progress on O C E A N S E R B continues.

That's a nice island, now to see if the pattern continues.

What is it about? A kitchensink but with islands exploration?

Too early to say for sure, but I want to say yes

I say too early, because the only mod I have loaded right now is ClimateControl.

>Make some castles or pirate ports on some islands
>Davincis Vessels
>Balkon weapon mod for the cannons
>Custom NPCs for tripulation
>We are all pirates trying to conquer the islands
It could work in medieval or modern setting.

How do you guys feel about the island generation so far?

A problem I'm seeing is that the terrain gen itself feels interesting (I hope you guys like floating blocks)

forgot my image

I think the weirdness can be fixed by adding RTG

ZARDOZ

What does /mcg/ think about FTB?

>Pictured here is the weeb ragnarok

There's a difference between a kitchen sink pack and adding a whole fucking apartment complex on top of it too.

*meidocalypse

I think I found a small continent, are they too big for ocean serb, or would you need relatively larger patches of land too.

I'm leaning towards keeping small continents. I'm happy with the terrain gen so far.

Needs less land, more is

That's a nice-looking jungle island

>those fucking chunk fuckups
Well, WAS a nice-looking island

the chunk fuckups are from map writer loading a previous world with the same name, ignore them

Drama for the sake of making drama.

Shit's old.

>no fun allowed

Too much land. Map needs to be like Wind Waker, except maybe half the amount of ocean between islands.

wouldn't cuchuaz's ships mod be better?

I think there's a program that lets you view mc worlds from seed instead of generating them in game, not sure about whether it works with terrain mods. Anyone give me a name?

Amidst
It's great

What are you working on?

I'm working on a farm.

GregTech New Horizons.

Trying to work with Spice of Life and not go hungry.

this image from last thread reminded me of something.

Hunger isn't actually too bad in GT: NH if you're patient and don't run around everywhere. The earliest tier loot bags also have a high chance of having a decent amount of OK food as well.

amidst for climate control needs to recompile for every config change and I can't be assed to set up a java compilation setup.

so I'm pregenning chunks and then rendering with overviewer... fun times

What am I even looking at.

I seriously suggest RTG user, it makes worldgen infinitely more interesting and I'd love to see it with islands

Not sure how much this will help, but I did something similar in one of my own packs with RTG/Climate Control. It may need some extra tinkering.
pastebin.com/RsCWcSz3

>industrialized jewing

I tried RTG once with Biomes O Plenty but I didn't like what I got,can't remember why. That looks great though so it might be worth sticking to vanilla biomes for RTG. I did however have better luck with FWG using BOP. Where's FLAOT guy when you need him?

I've actually quite noticed this.

Some of those TMs aren't cheap man. Plus, the more balls you can buy, the less you have to build yourself.

Also:
>industrialized jewing
That would explain why my house looked like a factory space.

I have no idea, a 90s clone of Minecraft?

oh boy here I go pregenning chunks again

This image is 500x500 chunks of ocean serb (no RTG), I feel like the incidence of small continents is still too high so I lowered everything. Plus I added RTG this time so lets see how it goes.

now for a 20 minute nap

>stop playing minecraft for 2 years
>get dat itch but bored of 1.7.10
>1.7.10 is still the top modding version
What happened to this community...

Stupid decisions and greedy modders

500x500 chunks of ocean serb with RTG and config set as:

I:"Incidence of Continents,Large"=0

I:"Incidence of Continents,Medium"=0

I:"Incidence of Continents,Small"=1

I:"Incidence of Islands,Large"=15

I:"Incidence of Islands,Medium"=70

I really like how this came out, let me know what you guys think

At lease everyone has /some/ sand.

>join large economy server (40-60 players)
>everyone's doing retarded shit trying to get money
>you can sell shit to the npc market for money, and more expensive stuff like tools, armor and spawners between players
>some guy tells me that for some reason sugar cane pays absurdly high
>no one else is aware of this
>spend the next day building stacks on stacks of sugar cane machines
>became the richest person on the server after a few days
>people started paying me to build cane machines for them
Fun times.

looks gud, i wonder if we should let people settle down on some islands or just have people build bases on their ships?

Settling on islands is necessary. If anything just restrict the spawn island.

What mod adds this shark?

Is it normal for my game to have a five minute startup time?

come join 82.74.1.174 on 1.12 vanilla for some skyblock server me and some user joined because some fag posted about it on /v/.

>vanilla skyblock
gee I sure do love sitting at a cobble gen for hours

Should I use Biomes o' Plenty? Is there any way to enable it halfway through if I go vanilla and then I miss it?

I think that the biomes it adds have quantity over quality. There are a ton of ugly biomes with yellow grass or spiders and stuff. But there are also quite a few good biomes. I also like the fruits and items it adds, most people see those as bloat.

I'd say go ahead and make a test world, or just look at the biome list, and disable the biomes you don't like.

And, no, you can't enable it in an already existing world.

Would it be viable to disable BOP overriding the vanilla biomes while disabling some of the ones I don't like? I think I might just like to still have normal biomes with some added variety.

Am I autistic for thinking Grian's videos are kind of comfy?

literally who?

Never heard of him

the food items were pretty good with their potion effects, but didn't they remove that a while ago?

I like him, listening to Mumbo as I type

>have normal biomes with some added variety.
Isn't that how it is by default? Maybe it was changed recently. Last time I used BoP was more than a year ago.

Probably this too, I've switched to RTG some time ago. I'd still like the trees and fruits and stuff, but I couldn't get it to work with RTG properly, and vanilla terrain is awful with BoP or not.

youtube.com/watch?v=vb9rrfSMHkw

Taking a lot of inspo from this one

BoP really needs a fork, i'm sure subbiomes could be handled differently and some stuff should be fixed or added back in.

Is Minecraft a † Christian † game?

>started to put together a modpack last week with advanced rocketry as the kind of end game mod in 1.11
>some mods aren't ported very well, and some mods I want aren't ported at all yet
>can't decide if I just wait for the updates, or start over from scratch with 1.10

Go for 1.10, then move to 1.12 when it's more stable. 1.11 really is a mess.

400 ft
Twin screws
Eight boilers
Quadruple expansion steam engines

What do i call her, /mcg/?

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I realized it won't actually take that long, I can just copy over all the config files from what I already did, they should work just fine across versions

Minetanic!

Big Bertha

DivineRPG/Advent of Ascension or whatever namewashing the mod has gone through

For those who have tried it, do you prefer the FTB utilities land claiming and chunkloading over traditional chunk loaders like ChickenChunks?