Financial analyst

What would you guys suggest as a career path towards becoming a financial analyst.
> What are my chances of becoming a financial analysts if I major in math with an emphasis on finance or stats?
> what should I do for grad school?
> does where I graduate from (undergrad) have a big impact on my ability to land jobs at a good firm or company, or is it mostly based on grades?

What is econometrics

How good are you at sucking cock?

Financial Analyst is a fairly broad job title. What kind of work do you want to do? There are financial analysts in corporate finance, commercial banking, investment banking, asset management, insurance, consulting, private equity, etc. The ways to break into those industries can be quite a bit different.

Not OP but what do they do in general? Does it have to do with stock analysis?

What about financial analyst for a hedge fund?
How close is that to financial analysts?

quantitative finance master race reporting in ama

Whats it like?
Is the money worth the long hours?
How much office bullshit so you have to put up with?
Do you work in an office or a cubicle?
Do you get bonuses, and if so, what are they based on?

I can't say who I work for but it's not long hours every single day, but when it is I love my work so I don't mind. Everyone is really smart here so not a lot of bs. I have my own office. This is my first year here so I haven't had a yearly bonus yet but some guys that have been here only 2-3 years are getting checks for $1m+

What do you think about a potential Bitcoin ETF?

Plz give me your career path and any suggestions as far as education, degrees, and the best way to land a comfy cozy job like yours.

the position you describe is my dream / end-goal.

no bullshit faggoty investment bankers that don't have any actual skill.

just pure meritocracy and exchange of high level thinking

math undergrad at top5 school, heavily recruited by wall street

I'm applying to internships at firms like 3red/jane street this summer and probably bulge bracket banks the next, any advice?

you're doing everything right

does Wall St recruit engineering undergrads?

from my school they do. We have a "Financial Engineering" major that exists solely to land people analyst jobs. Most recruiters here and jobs posted on our proprietary Handshake portal ask for math, physics, chem, statistics, economics, or engineering majors

If I major in math or stats, what should I do for a masters or PhD?

How did you achieve that position? If you're not lying. I'm thinking about getting into accounting although it seems really boring compared to finance, but the job market is easier.

not accounting or finance?

u sound pretty dumb from the way you worded your question so probably zero chance

u wish

someone goes to Columbia ;)

Wow really nice questions bro. Someone should answer these.

Yeah. I go to a top 5 engineering school and many hedge funds, prop trading firms, and big banks hire CS, CE, and EE grads.