4.6 Crown Vic modding

I was thinking of buying a 2006 4.6 Crown vic, and was wondering if I could use 4.6 mustang parts, if not, where could I get performance parts for one?

>modding your land yacht
Shiggy diggy

Depends. The 4.6l in the Crown Victoria is a 16 valve, I think the early 2000s Mustang GTs might be that shitty 3 valve variant.

Anything that fits a 4.6 2V Mustang will fit a 4.6 Vic with some exceptions.

A D T R
D
T
R

>It'll fit
>Unless it doesn't

Most of it doesn't, there's not much worth doing to that engine other than taking everything it has to give.

These cars are too heavy anything short of forced induction won't make much difference, just enjoy it for what it is.

Mustang GTs got the 3-valve with the fifth gen in 2005. Fourth gens are 2v like the standard Crown Vic, the difference is just the Performance Improved heads (which the panthers got in 2001, not sure what year for the Mustang).

save your money that shit aint worth it

youd literally be better off with a F150 since they weigh less

Not a good idea for a Panther in general, especially not for your first one. The only way the 2v can shine is with a supercharger, and at that point you almost have Mach 1 or Cobra money invested into it but with worse handling and a longer wheelbase and a LOT more weight . If you're gonna mod anything with a 2v at least start with a Mustang that has cheaper supercharger components. No, Mustang super charger kits won't work on a crown vic. The throttle bodies are situated differently and some other shit. There's a kit available from ADTR but it's 6 grand. Mustang supercharger kits are cheap, available, and the Mustang is a better go fast platform anyways. I'm a big Panther dude but don't bother. It's not for most people. They can make cool sleepers but it takes time and money. Sorry if this was a disorganized jumbled post. I've talked about Panthers wayyy too much on here this week lol. If you want something comfy and boaty and sleepery look at Mk VIIIs. They have a 4 valve, albeit with shitty cast components, but it's a much better starting point

you'd be better off doing an engine swap if you are looking for more power. the 4.6 is solid but kinda topped off unless you are gonna chuck way more cash then its worth.

Little update to my previous post:
If you just wanna wake up a crown vic, throw in a low geared rear end (3.55, 3.73, 4.10) and get a tune from Mo's speed shop. He's a good guy to work with and very responsive with emails. Headers can also go a pretty long ways because of course the whole stock exhaust is restrictive, especially at the headers, like anything.
I seriously love these cars but they aren't worth that much money towards performance unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket and want something special. But I think Mk VIIIs are an even better contender for that yet because they're rare to see as is

5.0L Coyote Vic when

The crown Vic intake is opposite of the mustang. You can switch the battery locations (or move it to the trunk) and then you can use all the same Mustang 2v aftermarket parts.

old vics had the 5.0(4.9)

buy an LTD with a big block, or a mark 7

panthers are literal trash

hell, even a fairmont is a better option

No they didn't you retard

until 91 they had the 4.9 except that I mix up the vic with the other panthers.

>Most of it doesn't
What is it about the word "modular" that you don't understand?

>modding
Kys

The LTD Crown Victoria had both the 302 and 351 as engine options, getting the 4.6 (281) in '92 and keeping it through 2011. General rule is that whatever engine the Mustang GT has of that year (or a couple years difference), that's what the Panther has.

Adtr high priced but the fucking bomb

sure can even terminator swap only difference is they have mustang on the parts boxes. even a coyote 5.0 will go in (designed on the 4.6 engine mounts) cos ford used mustang bits when they made the mercury marauder