/wtc/ - Witcher, Cyberpunk, Forced Memes -(/krw/, /cpg/, /fm/)

Ded edition

Gwent Standalone's open beta is out!
>Gwent General
GOTY Edition is out !
>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=qy8jmm9kY4A

>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books (first six are officials) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/

>Witcher gear location, recommended mods
pastebin.com/jeHFgrV1
>Console Commands
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
gwent-cards.com/
>Witcher lore, books and all
pastebin.com/bRqpA093
>All vanilla Gwent cards ready to be printed out
imgur.com/a/gV1y5
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl
>Discord server
discord.gg/ydW4bCR

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

>Any new infos ?
CPDR is recruiting right now, so the game is still in early stages.
Still no release date, and we won't have one anytime soon.

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/the-witcher-series/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/story-locations-and-characters-discussion-spoilers/inventory-and-items/104823-how-exactly-does-the-aerondight-sword-work
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Aljubarrota
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Geralt and Triss OTP

Just finished Act 1 of Witcher 1 and went to rest at the campfire in the slums only to get spawnraped by a Fleder or whatever. I hope this game gets more comfy because right now it's the antithesis of comfy; Dare i say, uncomfy.

Witcher 1 starts slow, but it gets better with each Act. First act is shit, second is a bit tedious, with third you start to really enjoy the game, forth is the comfiest place ever, fifth and epilogue are awesome.

>ciri witcher
-never undergoes any mutations
-ages normally and her physical ability deteriorates at a normal human pace
-doesn't have fast witcher reflexes
-doesn't have heightened witcher senses needed to fight monsters
-lives in filth and squalor
-despised by most people
-dies at a young age of 40, fighting some shitty monster for a 10 crown reward

>ciri empress
-a born royalty
-reconnects with her real father and learns how to be a good ruler
-takes over the biggest empire in the world
-loved and respected by most people
-is able to help hundreds of thousands of people
-lives in luxury and comfort
-becomes the legendary empress that changes the world
-dies at the age of 93 in a comfortable bed, surrounded by her family

stick with it. it gets easier. and then you stop caring that gameplay is what it is.

m-moar

why does Ciri keep dying?

only a monster can let ciri die

ciri never tried anal sex. yenn and triss have used up assholes

>witcher
happy
>empress
not happy
and she wouldn't do anything, women are bad rulers

>witcher
kiddie, feel good ending with no substance

>empress
responsible thing to do, lets ciri grow up and own her destiny

is geralt kiddie? her destiny is to become witcher

geralt is a specially created mutant designed with a purpose of being a monster hunting machine. ciri has none of his abilities. she is just a talented young girl. witcher life is utter shit and always ends with a pointless death. making her a witcher and wasting her potential is the most selfish thing geralt can do.

so I just read the Battle of Brenna.

Can someone explain to me how Nilfgaardian cavalry lost against a bunch of peasants with long sticks? Is it because Northern Realms are a fantasy world Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?

Ciri has other abilites and she is very well trained
Is there any witcher who died fighting monsters? selling her to Emhyr is selfish, my Geralt wants her to be happy

Voltehre, killed by Old Speartip

witchers are crafted with a purpose, their mutations are there for a reason. they have increased reflexes, heightened senses, they can see in the dark, they can hear and smell things normal humans can't, they are immune to diseases and on top of that they still need potions. every part of their design and training serves to give them an edge against monsters. ciri's teleport will be of little use when she gets jumped by a monster and torn to pieces in some dark cave before she even realizes what is happening.

>Is there any witcher who died fighting monsters?
no witcher ever died in their own bed. most of them get killed by a monster sooner or later, ciri would be no different. it's a shitty life.

>most of them get killed by a monster
we have one killed by very uncommon monster

how do you think they die? the game tells you 10 times how no witcher dies in their own bed, most of the witchers die by monsters

name others

are you retarded? why do you think there's like 5 of them remaining in the world? they can get old as fuck, but there's not many vesemir's walking around and that's because most got killed.

it's because of attack on Kaer Morhen, Vesemir was the only who survived

that's just the wolf school that was already in decline, what about the others?

Any protips for someone just starting Witcher 3 for the first time? Already turned on all the tutorials.

Don't try to clear every area of question marks and do everything before moving on to the next one, you'll get burned out and you'll be able to return later on anyway. The game has massive amount of content.

Story missions give you the most exp, so if you feel underleveled at any time, just do a few story quests.

Try selling stuff to the appropriate merchants when you can to get more money.

Try crafting the essential potions and bombs early on.

In books monsters population and prices for killing them were getting lower

that doesn't mean they don't get killed by monsters. very few of them got to live to vesemir's age even though their life span would allow it.

What are the romance options during both dlc's? Will they affect who geralt spends the rest of his time with on his ranch or will it just be the romance option you chose during the main game?

That means being witcher was unprofitable, thats why there are only few of them

In HoS you have Shani. It's a really nicely done side romance and it doesn't affect Geralt's relationship with Triss/Yen.

In BaW, you can have sex with Syanna and you can visit the brothel, but none of it affects your main romance ending. At the end of BaW, Triss/Yen will come to Geralt's vineyard.

Sweet, nice man. Thanks.

but where are all the old witchers at? are you implying they die of old age? no, they get killed on the job

retired

kek that is not true. that contradicts the whole 'no witcher died in their own bed' thing

blablabla still no names except one

Who wins in a fight, Gaunter O'Dimm vs The Lodge of Sorceresses?

Gaunter ez, hes only a few hairs off omnipotence

viper school is pretty cool desu

dont bully cat

cat witchers sold out and started killing people for money

How the fuck does Aerondight work in TW3?

>When you kill an enemy when it is fully charged its damage increases by 2
How many times can you do that? Once per level?

Also, once you've maxed that out, you can still get the sword to glow when you hit an enemy 10 times. Does that make it do more damage?

If so, does Aerondight rely on this to be better than other silver swords in NG+? Say i get hit often and rarely keep it at 10, would i be better off with another silver sword that does more damage according to the green letters?

forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/the-witcher-series/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/story-locations-and-characters-discussion-spoilers/inventory-and-items/104823-how-exactly-does-the-aerondight-sword-work

dont bully

I love Triss so much. She and Geralt have impeccable chemistry and the way she makes him smile is too adorable.

i literally cant build a good gwent deck

i have some shitty northern realms shit card while random blacksmiths whip out 10 attack cards and i just have some shitty weathers that doesnt ever do SHIT

fuck you bloody baron give me ur cards

Do the play innkeeper quest and all other Gwent related quests. That will give you some nice cards. Also, check out innkeepers in general for cards. Some of them sell cards you need. And lastly play every merchant you come across with.

well shit that's a lot of ?

It feels good to clear them all, but it's not really worth it.

Ciri :3

oh ok so thats what all those marks are

yeah im not clearing all that if thats the case

i mean i suspected but maybe they contained small letters with quests n shit

maybe he is weak to magic or they can use some spell to defeat him

Some do, but most of the ones on the water are smuggler caches. You can make some nice money selling the stuff you find and you can also get stacked up on valuable crafting materials, like dimeritium.

So is there like a bot that spams triss photos here or is it actually a guy? I'm pretty new to the thread but the past 5 or so have had Triss photos posted pretty much continuously

Most of it came down to the poor intelligence that Coehoorn received due to the cowardice of his scouts. He formed his plan of attack with a completely incorrect idea of the enemy's placement and power. His gambit to split the Redanian and Temerian armies was then foiled because he severely underestimated how tenacious the Bronibor infantry would be. Finally, the Nilfgaardians were fighting for conquest, while the Nordlings were fighting for their homes. Their backs were against the walls so they fought to the last, unlike the Nilfgaardians who eventually broke and fled. TL;DR A bunch of really determined peasants with pikes can beat poorly commanded heavy cavalry.

I'm a real person :3

Jesus Christ how?? Shitposting on here must encompass like 2/3rds of your time!

Has anyone else cried while playing the game? There were a few scenes where I shed some tears.

Only when I watch YouTube videos of people picking that redheaded whore over Yen

Search for Lady Lyumos on Deviantart.

I actually teared up on my first playthrough when Triss left despite my Geralt telling her he loves her. I genuinely thought she was gone, but when she came back...I can't describe the feeling. I was so happy. I never felt anything remotely similar with Yen scenes.

Not really, posting a pic every now and then isn't that time consuming, it takes a few seconds.

How do people apply that painting filter to their screenshots?
Is it just editing them afterwards with photoshop or is it actually manipulating the image as you take it via a mod or command?
Because it does look quite a bit like the Painted World effect in HoS

I use PS oil filter modified to my liking.

Have you read the novels or just played the games? Yen is best girl in the novels but a huge bitch in the game. If you're only playing the games then Triss > Yen

I played through all three games many times and I've also read the books, with the exception of SoS.

Me liking Geralt and Triss has nothing to do with Yen, I don't dislike her at all nor do I think she's a huge bitch. I have no problem recognizing that she is Geralt's one true love in the books and I think she's quite fun in the game too. She genuinely made me laugh several times. I love her sarcasm. I'm just not sold on her relationship with Geralt, it leaves me indifferent and I prefer her in the role of a feisty ex wife.

The games were my introduction to TW world, through them I grew to like the world and the characters and I'm personally more attached to their game versions. Triss has been there since day one and I love her and Geralt together. I love their scenes, their dialogues, their chemistry, how sweet, protective and caring Geralt is with her, their dynamic as a couple...

damn, that girl is hot. those russian sluts sure love dressing up as witcher waifus

Lambert, Lambert what a prick

I can't believe there are people who seriously want a Vesemir prequel. Vesemir is ok for the role he played, but he can't carry the protagonist role, he is too boring.

I'm a Yenfag but when i view W3 Yen in a vacuum I legit can't believe why anyone would like her. It's pretty hilarious how chicks in particular love her despite only playing W3. Cold, self-serving, overassertive cunt, wow very admirable

women self insert as her. she plays to the female power fantasy

Gud point

opposite to her, you have triss, that plays to the male power fantasy, fawning over the hero and begging for his dick

or actually being an empathetic likable person.

the two aren't mutually exclusive

Emperor Voorhis would do the actual work, she would just yell at him if his work causes the death of hundreds.

There are some battles in history where heavy cavalry were absolutely rekt by some peasants backed against a wall, for example some Portuguese peasants rekt two thousand french knights, sure they had the terrain against the cavalry but heavy cavalry was not invincible during medieval and renaissance times, but they were effective if the charges were timed correctly.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Aljubarrota

Can you imagine how hard Epicnamebro got triggered when he got to the lubberkin part? No wonder he made some lame excuses and never played it again.

So do they still fuck you up if you kill the cows?

I think they patched it because, funnily enough, people were using them to farm red mutagens from the spawned chorts

Just finished Blood and Wine.

What the fuck did Milton Peyrac-peyran do wrong? The guy's a fucking top lad, he didn't deserve to be in Syanna's shitlist.

He even subtly implies he has guilt over the memories of getting Syanna out the way they did, the knight group pretty much went their different ways shortly after the Syanna shit from what I remember, the only thing that got him in the shitlist is that he did not do anything to stop two of them from hurting her, Syanna is a delusional monster.

letho

Not true, the chort still spawns as it always did after killing six cows

chort was added in a patch as a solution for people cheating. you could kill cows without it appearing before

ah, thought they took it out

Syanna doesn't know how he feels. She just knows what she remembers and that is being abused and left to die in a cold forest.

i guess feathery pubes are a small price to pay to get the girl you want. all the better if she ends up liking it

What is the best steel sword for new game plus? I seen a screenshot of a sword with over 2000 damage.

You think Triss did fisstech before?

Nah, she doesn't seem like a drug person to me.