My parents are helping me buy a car and I want to get a fit...

My parents are helping me buy a car and I want to get a fit. I would get a civic but I need the extra space so that I can move out of my hometown at some point. For some reason they keep saying that the fit is too unsafe because of its size. Is there any validity to that?

Other urls found in this thread:

cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/honda/fit/safety
thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/06/should-i-pay-cash-for-a-new-car-probably-not/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just get the Civic Hatchback if you're worried about space.

The Fit's not unsafe at all, the whole "small cars are unsafe" meme was only true years ago when small cars had shitty rollover protection. Nowadays everything is fat and built with integral rollover protection, so it's not inherently any more unsafe than any other modern car. Your parents probably just want you to buy a car they like so they'll be comfortable when they inevitably borrow it.

>My parents are helping me buy a car
you need to be 18+ to post here

This happens to people at 25 these days.

Is this a good deal? How much could
I ask off if I don't finance it and pay up front?

the fuck
here in eastern europe I can buy 2017 honda Jazz (our brand name for Fit) for 14k with highest loadout and 100km
its presentation car

buying almost 3 years old with 35000 km for 17000 feels insane
and not to say that honda already takes quite a premium, toyota yaris is even cheaper

btw, I was looking seriously in to buying jazz, but then I realized it would suck all my funds and I would be left vulnerable
bought for 3500€ audi a6 2002 instead... will see in few years what I will buy, but I will probably go for crossover or SUV
used CR-V draws me

this
23 here (not op) and my parents are paying for half my car
i didn't even ask them or anything , i was looking to buy a used car with my own money but they insisted i buy a new car

Honda retains value like crazy here, especially for Fit, Civic, Accord, Element, S2000.

>parents paying for anything for their kids after 15
millennials smdh

I'd get a Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo

but ive seen how cheaply you americans buy cars
its absolutely crazy to me that someone would buy 3 years old car with discout of only ~15% from the brand new car

that car could have totally destroyed transmission, been flooded and fixed quickly or whatever unknown.. and what about the fucking warranty...

15k for that is crazy IMO

>not accepting your share of white privilege

With used you're supposed to haggle like a motherfucker. Like, if the list price is $20K, offer half that (which is what they bought it for, if not less) and work up from there.

It's not a bad deal at all OP, and Honda's will definitely last a while, so if you're thinking of owning it for at least 10 years or so, it's good to go.
The Fit is about the same size as the Civic, uses a similar platform and a five star overall safety rating - cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/honda/fit/safety It's not a fucking Smart car, ZX3 Focus, or a Suzuki Samurai, you will not die.
18+, please.

>he's white
Only bolsters my argument

I am 18. What's wrong with a nice 3.0 Turbo Supra? You could buy one and put aside a shit ton of money. Or you could buy a miserable shitbox.

Some of us don’t have garbage for parents, poor user

The Fit actually has 6 cubic feet more space for hauling stuff (47ft vs 53ft)

>It's not a bad deal at all OP
for that price of 15k?
you understand that he could get brand new for 16k even if not EX trim

Why would you buy a car to move out of your hometown.
That's something that will happen once, just rent a uhaul then and buy a fun car now.

I daily a second-gen (2012) Fit Sport, and I test drove a third-gen 2018 Fit Sport today while getting my car serviced.

The interior on the third-gen is much nicer, much more refined.
The only thing I dislike on the third-gen interior is that they stuck a tablet in it. Second gen is all buttons and knobs; third-gen is a touch-screen infotainment system.
Third-gen is either CVT or manual. Second gen has a traditional autobox with paddle shifters.
Second gen is a lot more fun to drive, and it handles so much better.

They're nice cars and they make hauling a lot of stuff super easy. I'm 6' and fit perfectly in the driver's seat, but that's with the seat all the way back. If you're taller than maybe 6'2", I would reconsider.

That's not really correct unless you are talking about 2-3k dollar cars. Then sure.

Any car within a few years of new, the original owner is looking at KBB and asking for the retail resale price (what we flip it for). Try showing them the trade value on KBB and they start bitching and moaning. But on a three year old car its not HALF of the retail resell price. That's ignorant. Its usually within 3-4k of the resell price. After reconditioning, inspection/certification, possibly changing tires and windshield if they are cracked or bald, full tank of gas, paying the detailer, paying the their party to list it online, paying the used car manager to sit on his ass and eat hot wings, that leaves a profit of 1-2k dollars in the best case scenario.

You dont know shit about used cars. I mean if you are talking about uncle ricks 6k dollar shit lot, yeah I'm sure he buys em up for half and marked em up double and lets you drive away with 29.9% interest. But if you are talking about certified used cars from a dealership than you have no idea how tight the margins are. Its getting to be as bad as new cars.

not op, I was looking at Jazz, complain I read around was that theres no adjustable steering wheel, unlike civic...

so if default wont fit, long drives can tire out quickly

The steering wheel can be adjusted up, down, in, and out.
There's a small level underneath the steering wheel that you pop up.

So unless Honda removed it for the Euro model, it is adjustable.

Here's the page from the owner's manual.

Just get a civic for 3k. Tell them to set aside a car payment amount every month in an account for you. New econoboxes are retarded.

That's a shit deal. You could get a brand new one for that price.

Yeah, that sounds exactly like my Civic's. No idea what people are on about.

Just get a Mazda 3 hatch.

Its ridiculous how the latest gen of Mazda 3s wipe the floor with everyone else in the econobox market.

get the scion iM. they go way cheaper. and more space. plus its a toyota.

I saw a Corolla iM at Publix the other day.
They're pretty good looking cars. I wish Toyota made a hot hatch version of it.

>they go way cheaper

Why are you fucking lying m8

>more space

Do you know what the cargo space is with the seats down? Toyota's own website doesn't say, and searching around I only saw numbers for the seats up. I just want to make sure since the Fit has more cargo space than the Civic hatch and Golf despite being a class smaller.

My sister slammed into a stopped car going 60mph off a highway exit in a Fit and was completely uninjured. Though it was totaled, id say theyre pretty safe

>women

Sounds p safe tho.

>a fucking Fit

Hrv user. Its really what the fit should have been

The civic hatchback actually has pep. It's not fast but it'll pass shit in traffic unlike the fit.

Also get honda sense it's the shit.

>It's not fast

Honestly, for what it is I think it's pretty fucking fast. I'd wait for a refresh in hopes of them deleting those hideous rear honeycomb panels, though.

I'm sorry your parents didn't love you

Those prices are not actually available. Tack on several thousand for options, delivery, tax, etc. If you got that LX for less than $19,000 out the door I'd be pretty fucking surprised.

So the first thing you have to do is compare the used price to the actual new price, not the imaginary one.

Enlighten him then, he can't get Puntos in the states anyways.

fuck off nigger

>delivery, tax

This is legitimate.

>several thousand for options

This isn't. There is very little in the way of costly options for LX and Sport. Walking out with a New 6spd Sport for under $18.5k is not a challenge at all.

fits just as safe as a civic. the platform isn't too far from a civic.
as for room it's not much better than a civic sadly.

Every single thing about this post is wrong.

This. Chevy Sonic would be better for the sporty 1.4t. The fiesta ST is fantastic too.

The Fiesta ST I understand, but the Sonic has some serious shortcomings.

>the 1.4 turbo has 8 more hp and 33 more lb of torque, but also weighs over 300lbs more than the Fit. Not only does this essentially dash its power advantage, but it makes the handling worse while Fit already had best in class
>Fit 1.5l also has the benefit of being naturally aspirated and higher revving
>about 6 cubic feet of space more in the Fit
>I don't know the figures, but I'm assuming it's a safe bet to say the Fit has better MPG and better reliability
>1.4l Sonic hatch starts at a little under $21k new, vs just over $16k for the Fit LX that only comes in hatchback. Personally though I'd spend the extra 1.5k for the Sport just for the aesthetics.

Word on the street is that the Honda Fit is a slow fag mobile.

Unfortunately the Fiesta has always has less cargo space than the Fit, and the Fiesta ST in particular has even less space than the regular Fiesta.

Nothing. The dealer has no incentive to give you any money off by paying cash. Learn how to make your money do your work for you.

thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/06/should-i-pay-cash-for-a-new-car-probably-not/