Buying on craigslist

>buying on craigslist
>get shot
what is Veeky Forums's opinion on buying from dealerships? because fuck learning how cars work and having to inspect it yourself. inb4 brainlet

>not having a CCW and bringing another friend with a CCW
>not meeting at the state police barrack

Are people really this stupid?

Dealerships exist for one reason and one reason only: to rip you off. Private sellers are the way to go.

>needing to carry a gun with you to go about a needlessly dangerous transaction
>america

>implying private sellers wouldn't try to rip some sucker off

Brainlet OP

Also this is a bait thread
Stop bumping it

If you're not interested in doing a detailed inspection you shouldn't expect a dealership to do it for you. The scummy used car dealer meme is real.

Learn how to inspect a vehicle, get someone who knows how to do it for you, buy factory new (even then you really ought to give it a rundown), or buy a nice huffy.

You'll likely have better luck haggling with private sellers then you would with a dealership, and private sellers generally ask less to begin with.
This isn't to say you won't find a good deal at a dealership, but they aren't a guarantee of a good deal or of quality.

I sell car parts and salvage cars on Craigslist all the time, its not as bad as people say it is. Theres only been one shady guy that i was glad i had a friend with me for.

It's fine, check the bluebook, inspect the car, go with reputable brand-based dealerships and you should be golden. Yes, you get fucked on tax and transaction fees, but if you can haggle down the price it's worthwhile in my honest option.

Also, whether you get a dealership or aftermarket warranty, get a fucking warranty. If the dealership offers competitive pricing with other warranties in your area, or at least close to it, take that dealership warranty. Most people do take the dealership warranty, which helps to encourage these reputable dealerships not to sell lemons or shit cars, since they're going to have to fix them for free anyway.

sure a warranty sounds good, but in all reality it's just a scam for the dealership to get people who don't know how to work on their cars to get their work done from the dealership at an outrageous price. Also though you may have a warranty that doesn't mean they fix it for free, you could still have parts not covered under the warranty, or could have a deductible for work done as a term on the warranty which would still cost you out of pocket. Whether it encourages them to step it up on their cars it doesn't mean they won't sell lemons. Your time should be important to you, if the dealership fucks up and fixes it for free, that's cool and all, but you're still out hours of your day. P.S. Warranties are made to be voided, turbo that shit and enjoy your ride

>Also though you may have a warranty that doesn't mean they fix it for free, you could still have parts not covered under the warranty, or could have a deductible for work done as a term on the warranty which would still cost you out of pocket.
That's why you read your warranty contract Cleatus.

dealers are trash and even "preowned certified" is a meme to catch normies with junk
>be me shopping for hot hatch after some asshole killed my beater honda accord
>find nice low mile focus st in black
>test drive it and u here constant thumps while driving
>obviously some shit isnt right
>cock sucking dealer swears its just the tires even doe i keep telling him its for sure isnt
>"yeah man just these are aftermarket wheels man get the normal ones for this car and it wont make noise"
>both front tires are the goodyear f1s the ones in the back are super sports
>obviously this cock sucker thinks am retarded
>ended up taking focus st to a firestone for 25 dollar check up before i buy it
>bad front right wheel bearing,balding rear tires
>jews face when hes forced to lower 2015 st to below 11k
>mfw i buy cash and change the bearing myself
worst part was cock sucker refused to accept the fact i kept saying i was going to pay cash since they make more money on financing

>he thinks dealers are honest and never rip anyone off

Dealerships = registered business = there are online reviews = you can gain some sense of their credibility or not.

Private owner = some pedo stranger who probably runs a child trafficking organization on the side and sets up the ad hoc transaction to sell you his (((restored))) jizz stained back-heavy car from pumping one too many children in his trunk

Wow he was probably going to hit you with a 6% interest rate over 75 months.
You dodged a bullet user.
What suprises me is they accepted a car in that condition.

i refuse to believe they didnt know the issue.
it was simply a ford at a honda dealer so they didnt care i guess
am just mad they tried to bullshit mad hard, i still have to buy new tires for it
>tfw while i was looking at it several other dealer workers kept randomly say "how they want the car" or had "interest in it
>tfw i bought a new 200 dollar battery cause the stock one was dead and the +,- cables were super corroded so i had to buy the cables also
yea wanted the car so bad it was obvious it sat for a while.
its little things like this that makes going to a dealer the biggest pain in the dick ever foreseen by mankind

>because fuck learning how cars work and having to inspect it yourself.
You should go to a dealership, probably carmax.
>inb4 no hangling.
Consider it a tax for being stupid.

If you know how cars word and can read people, you will be fine on craigslist. Just get a google voice number and use that for txt and phone calls.

funny but you can just take the car to a mechanic for a pre purchase inspection if you want to have some peace of mind

Dealerships owned by Autonation are cancer as they sell all their cars at fixed price claiming its (((blue book value))).

>yellow S2K
Muh

i've never had any trouble with people coming directly to my house. stop living in places with degenerates.

Not everyone lives in crime free Japan like you user.

Bluebook us overpriced and run by fucking dealerships asswipe

>Paying cash when rates are this low
Poor people ladies and gentlemen

read

not him, but i also don't have problems with people coming to my house

I also live out in the boonies so the usual niggers aren't brave enough to come out

That's why you don't go the the autoplex in spic town.

>get shot

How about don't be a retard and meet up with shady fucks or at shady locations?