How do sports car drivers deal with the fact that 99% of the time they're stuck in traffic and can't use their cars to...

How do sports car drivers deal with the fact that 99% of the time they're stuck in traffic and can't use their cars to their fullest potential?

Well I live in bumfuck nowhere.

go to a track?

It's called passing lanes.

I just get onto a freeway.

Dunno about what are you talking about, I cycle to work and hoon my sports car on the weekends.

>Not hooning in traffic
>Come on now

>track day
>work 3-12am and fucking no one is on the country roads near 1am
>neither are cops

>99%
Not everyone lives in LA, retard

This is the correct answer.

This. It's like you don't want to get to work in a timely manner

A Prius isn't a sports car.

>unironically driving a Prius

Neck yourself

Of course BRZ owners would be this stupid

>99% of the time
Because the other 1% of the time is more glorious than you can ever dream.

Its like telling a guy who fucked a supermodel one time it would have been better if he just jerked off a bunch of times in his 3k civic.

Your car makes 150HP at the wheels, I'm pretty sure you can use it to its full potential m8

They're always bitching about how stupid and pointless trucks are when you don't use them for "truck things". They're exactly the same except the truck is more useful.

Actually you can't even use all of that on public roads. Even 120hp and 2500lbs is enough to land you in jail or kill you.

>there isn't more to a sports car than HP
>what is handling

If your car has better handling you should be able to use it to its full potential without killing yourself. HP is the limiting factor.

You can't even use all of a pickup truck's handling abilities on the "twisties".... Real life isn't some Chinese cartoon kid.

>live in the middle of nowhere
>30mi drive to work
>5 stopsigns/lights total
>average 50mph
citycucks btfo

>wake up at 2pm every morning to go to work
>I could actually wake up at 2:40 and take the freeway, but I like to take the backroads and a lot of detours
>on the limit of grip 75% of the time
>the other 25% it's under the limit to be safe or drifting for fun
Been doing this for 2 years now.
8 photo enforcement tickets, 3 speeding tickets, 1 warning form a kind police officer.
Life isn't worth living if it's not being lived like in my Chinese cartoons.
Almost all of my extra money goes into maintenance and repairs.
I'll be honest, I've crashed more than a few times.

Speak for yourself.

I literally never sit in traffic day-to-day.

I regularly go above 120 all the time. Your argument is invalid.

Doing 120 down the freeway and doing 120 on the twisties are completely different things. You really shouldn't be testing the limits of traction on public roads.

You sure sound responsible, I'm glad I get to share the roads with you.

Faggot.

>You really shouldn't be testing the limits of traction on public roads.
>already know limits of traction on my public roads
>90mph on my winter tires for the longer turns of my twisties
>longest straight lets me hit 160
>my first turn has a max grip speed of 35mph
>next turn has closer to 45 max speed depending on the line
>trail break the 3rd corner want to be at 60 in the next corner before I trail break
>next corner has bad grip for some reason, 30mph max

>I'm glad I get to share the roads with you.
Are you up and on the roads by 2:30, too? We should race, most people aren't up and about at that time.

You're so fucking shitty at driving you've crashed before and you're proud of it.

wouldnotrace/10

>tfw get to take backroads to visit friends
>mfw driving 140mph through cow pastures
>actually get to corner hard enough to squeal tires and safely apex switchback turns
>most curves are banked for cattle trucks so I can carry a lot of speed into a turn
>mfw open headers too so maximum bwaahh
>mfw perfect heel-toe rev-matched downshifts before each turn
>if I fuck up worst that happens is I drive into a cow pasture

I don't live in a shitty flyover state either. Feelsgoodnigga. I only wish you br/o/s could be so lucky

The same way people with F-150s and Suburbans deal with never hauling anything or anyone 99% of the time.

>you've crashed before and you're proud of it.
I'm not proud of it, I was being open and not hiding anything.
I've learned from my mistakes, and am a better driver because of them; I now know where the true limits are.

>wouldnotrace/10
That's too bad, it's a lot of fun.

>I'm on Veeky Forums
>But I hate actually driving
I'm confused as to why you're here.

Everyone totals a car eventually you stupid fuck it took me eight years of driving everyday you'll do it too

>only 50

Poor FR-S can't even slip by. OP move closer to your job so you don't deal with traffic.

> How do sports car drivers deal with the fact that 99% of the time they're stuck in traffic and can't use their cars to their fullest potential?

I consider neither my 350z nor MKIV true sports cars but anyway.

Slow traffic is the only way to enjoy (loud) music for me.

You can do a burnout and smoke a prius. Hooning is fun.

>when you get to go down a toegay every day on the way to school

you just gotta know where to be.

Where should I be?

And that is why I drive a built pickup. I can go full Baja 1000 on any dirt road I want, any time I want.

Look we have the next Senna here

They buy a sports bike

That's where you're wrong.
I have taken my truck past the limit in a turn, off the gas, not on the brake. It's a bit tough because the back end will always slide out first, but the second you countersteer past center, the front will go due to its excessive Akerman. It becomes a balance after that, but usually just involves a bit of steering and it will tame out after I lose speed.
This is on 315 wide tires, and 6000ish pounds. It's surprising how much I can push it.

this is the single biggest argument for v6 pony cars.

I live on route 66. Like literally on it. the only people who drive on it are old people with rods or muscle that are always down to speed up and show off, or pull over. Its pretty nice when you own a cuda, no tight turns but still windy in a way.

I hoon my clapped out Prelude on weekends
I daily my R1.
Much easier to zip through traffic on a liter bike than a car.

Even in LA it's not that bad. I mean, the traffic does suck, but you can leave work and drive up to some rando canyon road and see nobody for miles, and then drive home after rush hour.

>traffic jam on highway
>shifts into 4hi, drives off shoulder into field
>???
>profit

DELETE THIS

Based /n/ Veeky Forums crossposter

Because you don't see them on the streets. If you have ever been in a car club or went to track meets, then you would understand. Obviously, you haven't.

lol awesome analogy

when your a street racer like me you'll know what i mean when i say its exhillerating to pull your handbrake in bumper to bumper traffic in your mazda 3

This.

I live in a small ass town in Montana so I hoon basically everyday.

>wake up at 2pm every morning to go to work

lol his character owned in that movie

It would be pretty hard, if not stupid, to use my car's full potential on the street anyway.

What movie

I have two cars. Suv for dd and my car for fun. Having a sports car for dd sucks dick.

are you retarded?

Bitch Doing 30
I'm On Pills
I'm So For Real
Watch Me Skeet

Ex Machina

sports car, stuck in traffic, hot blonde eyeing me off, problem?

We did that in a Yukon pulling a trailer when the highway was stopped and the outer road was just a grass dip away with no fence.