/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Make your own damn thread Edition.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n9PdykTt9UI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw you make thread right as thread get archived

I said change the Zelda and Saria pics.
Change them.
NOW.

Just fucking beat the trials on master mode. I died 12ish times in the beginning trials, and none in the middle or final. I fucking hate lizalfos.

Please subscribe to my blog.

Fish Loli's Love Barrel got stuck in a barrier and I can't get that shit out.
What do?

please respond I don't want to start over

You can pick it up if there's ground to stand on near it.

you have to start over

Can you cryonis it to a better position?

I think so. I never had to, but you can use cryonis to lift out pretty much anything that floats.

Careful though, it might roll off the ice block and break if it hits something.

Once when I did this mission, the barrel hit a fish as it went over a waterfall and broke. It broke against a fucking fish.

It's under a fucking bridge where Cryonis can't go, and it's wedged in a corner where there's no land and stuck between boxes.

Then the only advice I can offer is to try to dislodge it by swimming into it. If that doesn't work, you're fucked.

Is it okay to use the sword of Evil's bane as a tool to chop down trees? Bombing is to slow.

Fi is very disappointed in you.

then she should help me calculate a more efficiant way to do this

This game is inspiring me to want to write TF/TG fapfics.

>when it's raining and thundering in Akkala and you land in Tarrey Town and the tune starts playing and the sun just pops out

This is why Tarrey Town is the best.

Link is still a best girl in BotW.
Prove me wrong

Plump Zelda butt

plump midna butt

>best girl in BotW
>girl in BotW
>in BotW
>BotW
>midna

I guess if you only like her for her headgear it'd count.

>get to hateno in MM
>ugh the time killing torch run whatever I'll get a jump on it
>take path up mountain and reach fork and cross river
>notice lantern
>take bow, nock arrow
>arrow catches blue flame
>light lantern across river
>overwhelming sense of accomplishment

I just like midna, senpai. Is that such a bad thing?

For the next Zelda title, what I'd like most is a more refined BotW, but switch out the shrines and beasts for seven big fortress dungeons, like Hyrule Castle or a more developed Akkala Citadel, with some beast/shrine style puzzles inside. They can call it a Zelda II remake.

I think the shrines were needed, otherwise the overworld would feel far too sparse/empty - there'd be far less incentive to explore, outside of heading from one objective marker to another.

I do wish there were more dungeons though, and bigger ones.

I did like the shrines and they served their purpose well, but there must be other ways to reward exploration that they could try next time. One option could be adding some cavern complexes underground and having multiple entrances scattered across the overworld in lieu of shrines. They could be designed as puzzle courses, like some of the longer shrines or one of the beasts, and be separately instanced if that helps performance. It'd harken back to Zelda I as well.

For early in the game, how should I be getting more stamina or more hearts? I have 3 total upgrades so far. I already found the heart/stamina swapping statue.

One stamina chunk makes more of a difference than one heart, plus getting one-shotted by random enemies is all part of the experience. Go full stamina.

I go stam-heart-heart-stam-stam-stam-heart-heart...

I run with 2 green wheels and as much yellow stamina as possible

but 3 just feels like nothing. I'm about to do the Zora dungeon.

3 heart containers I mean. When I had 4, I still felt like getting hit once by a decent enemy would bring me down to half health.

You'll need a lot more hearts (and armor) if you want to tank any kind of hit in this game, particularly late-game. If you just accept that dying in 1 hit is the natural order and invest in stamina instead, you'll be better prepared to not get him in the first place, plus your movement options increase.

I second this, it turns it into an actually challenging survival game. Teach yourself to dodge for your life and you'll be the new terror of Hyrule. Besides, with armor boosts, good cooking, and fairies in your inventory, you hardly need health if you know how to take care of yourself.

Anyone else make it a goal to kill the silver lynel before leaving the plateau on Master Mode?

I mean you could gather enough arrows by provoking and dodging bokoblin archer's arrows and picking them up, shoot the lynel in the face to stun it, mount it, then beat it with whatever you have on hand to avoid wasting durability, dodge lynel's attacks, rinse and repeat.

I'm still in the arrow collecting phase since I assume its going to take quite a few since the lynel has 6k hp which regenerates.

>Tameable Lynels when?

I've basically been running around Hyrule like a chicken, avoiding most enemies so far.

This is what I've basically done
>done the main-quest stuff up to getting the camera
>explore up to the Ruto and to the Zora
>bought the house and caught the Royal Horse
I've done all this mostly finding a way to avoid everyone. I kinda just want to smash in some heads now.

Don't avoid all combat because you can't take a hit; just avoid reckless combat. Use the terrain and enemies' weaknesses to your advantages. Did you know that bokoblins and moblins instantly drown in water? If you're fighting near water, try knocking them into it instead of chewing through their HP. Elemental chu jellies cause elemental explosions when shot or struck; use these to rig traps and bait your opponents into them. If you disarm an enemy with electricity, they're effectively neutered. If a crowd of enemies is too much to handle, lure individuals away to dispatch one at a time, using your whistle, food, arrows, or whatever other trick comes to mind. Blow enemies off ledges with a Korok Leaf. Snipe sentries. Practice perfect parries and dodges and even if you do end up in a sticky situation, you'll be able to prevail without taking damage. Fight smarter, not harder.

If you really want to just run in and knock 'em about, though, you may as well invest it all in hearts since stamina isn't the best in a melee scrum, but you'll miss out on a lot of the game's best systems that way.

It's in Hylia Garrison, smack middle of Hyrule Field.

Consider that Majora's Mask was hidden in Kolomo Garrison, and was described with the same words...

>only need to clear the final sword trials on Master Mode

soon

>eventide
>sneak onto hinox and steal goodies
>hard mode but never actually did eventide
>get second orb off platform
>take damage
>burn barrel hoping for food
>zap zap motherfucker

How do you sneak onto a Hinox?

I always see people talking about it, but whenever I try I can't climb it and it just wakes up...

For the one on Eventide you can just paraglide onto it from the cliff, grab the orb and then run like hell.

Step on its hand and wait.

Gonna need you to source me on this one senpai. Or at least the Paya

>round 2
>rafted there at top speed, ran down two of the 3 bokos at the bonfire
>accidentally explode the barrels
>ded

My idea is to divide shrines by four but increase the dungeon length by around four, but instead of being shrines they are temples/dungeons seamlessly integrated into the world and be more aesthetically unique wherever possible with greater enemy variation within, and maybe even bosses. And at the end you get the option to choose between a heart or stamina container directly, or receive the equivalent of spirit orbs to trade in. Instead of the entry points all looking the same (shrines), some of them can have different looking ones. Some you have to blow a cliff face open, some you have to solve a little puzzle in front of a door for example. We already do this for shrines, but instead of revealing a shine they end up being the entry points themselves. Could have a real Indiana Link temple exploration game going on. Maybe throw in some unique treasures that cannot be found or created elsewhere. Might be difficult to fit them all in and dependant on future technology, though if you really needed a loading screen you could still theme the entrance differently I guess.

In any case, I just want to see more dungeons and more developed ones at that. I miss those. Combining proper dungeons, a story with great depth and a great open world would be my dream game. BotW easily passes the open world test, but dungeons and story can afford more time to be developed since they know the open world design would be accepted. Maybe get better voice actors on the side and better translation.

I didn't realise how shit I was at fighting Lizalfos until I fought them in the TotS.

There's a Knight's Claymore somewhere on the Plateau. Use that with mounting cheese and you MIGHT do okay.

I'd just not do it. It's meant to be a reminder that stealth is a good idea and not every fight is going to be fair.

Just cleared the trials and pretty much had the same story. Beginning trial messed me up a bit with it's silver lizards and the other trials never killed me once even though I only have 13 hearts.

Not at all.

I was about to ask, I heard a Japanese Mipha in a vid running English text and got excited. Going to download it now.

is word replaying the whole game in master mode?
i am alredy in the middle of my second playthrough.

>Died 3 floors into the middle trials
This is gonna be fun.

Does Master Mode upgrade the enemies who have a set level, like the red lynel on the Zora Mountain and the lyenls in the gatehouses?

I want to wife the fish

you'll have to commit seppuku first, to join the fish you too must die

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

I can wife her ghost

You could, but her ghost is as much dust on the wind now

BEST WAIFU HERE

>Not dead
>Not a cuck
>Not an underage child

How can other waifus even compete?

raucous denial

Pretty nice up here. Just ignore the death laser.

I was riding on the plains in front of Hyrule Castle when I realized that swinging my weapon made the grass around me movr, the details in this game are nuts.

youtube.com/watch?v=n9PdykTt9UI
Climbing towers and hearing this song start up was such a good feeling.

I always wondered why the music was louder lower on the tower than higher

add the illusion of extra height, I think

You can plop the travel medallion right in front of the sanctum. Now I don't have to hike my way through the castle every time I want to make Ganon my saucy bitch.

The epilogue feels so goddamn triumphant, it's perfect

Did Link win da ass tho

yea

Zelda probably jumped on top of him him the moment they got to Kakariko village

Even if everything is still kind of fucked. It'll be a long rebuilding process to return to the glory days. Only surviving member of the royal family is an autistic princess with a frog fetish. Good luck Hyrule.

Then when everything is rebuilt Ganon pulls a "Ha, I was only pretending to be sealed".

Is it problematic that the Zora have their own royal family? I mean, without King Rhoam and Hyrule castle, King Dorephan and Prince Sidon are the only royals around.

Guardian pls go. I'm taking screenshots here.

Are you forgetting someone

Do they ever specifically refer to her as a princess or a queen though? They make it seem like she's just leader of the Gerudo. The Zora are the only ones that specifically have a royal family.

Now that we have to Korok Mask, anyone going for 100%? If so, how many seeds you got so far? I'm sitting at 632 atm.

I'm gonna commit a crime

the title is hereditary. Everything abut her says Queen except her title

Started up master mode, looking for advice:

How the FUCK do you best defeat/cheese Waterblight phase 2? Last time I slowly wore him down but regen makes that impossible- I just pelted him with arrows and stasis hitting back the cubes, is there a better way? Yes I know I'm bad

>Want to replay BotW
>Remember the shrines

Link:.... HAAAGGH!!

Translation: I'M GOING TO JAIL!

>Implying she even waited that long

They fugged right there in Hyrule field

Blood moon didn't bug out and my game didn't crash during said blood moon like last time the first one triggered. Or at least I thought it was bugged, unless it was some strange intentional thing to stop it happening if you were right near the inner sanctum, I dunno.

Riki's title is "Chieftan"

>Riki

Anyway, the sky I got when the bloodmoon and clouds effect was stopping and starting. Disappeared shortly after. Once in the town ruins it occurred normally the following night and managed to get a proper screenshot.

I think you'll find Riki's title is "Heropon".

>Riki

Pls respond

Is Zelda winning in BotW Nintendo's way of fixing Melia losing in Xenoblade?

cheesing him with the bow was the only way I could ever kill him because it never fell down somewhere I could easily reach it with a sword or spear