Okay guys...

Okay guys. I'm a 21 year old NEET in Ontario Canada who's never graduated highschool and doesn't have a drivers' license. I don't really have any skills but I want to learn and become successful.

I have about $5000. I don't want to be a disappointment to my parents anymore and I want to start actually making some money so i can become an adult.

What should I do to get my life on track and become a Veeky Forumsnessman? I've started working on learning web development(I'm a couple of days into it) because it seems like you could make some money. How should I make a good resume and find a job? What field would be worthwhile to go into for me? Please help, thank you.

why are there all these fucking canadians on my internet
jesus fuck you are a 3rd world country, how do you even have internet/electricity?

Im just so fucking sick of them on my Veeky Forums and my games and other boards, its just like how do they find me? leave me the fuck alone, im just so fucking sick of it my blood pressure is thru the roof i just feel the fucking lobes in my brain rage pounding

bump. please lads

>ilc.org
>take prereqs for anything stem
>apply for uni
its practically free to go to university in ontario. exploit that you nigger then find a job asap in the states to magnify your degree. whatever debt incurred will look like peanuts in comparison to what you will be making.

whoa i bumped one second after you posted lol

You can't escape us though, we're everywhere.

Dude i was doing this but then i realized I was way too fucking dumb to ever make it in anything STEM. I think i need to learn a trade or something, I struggle on basic mathematics on Khanacademy. I barely even passed College-stream math in highschool.

I think i need something easier.

then relearn all of math starting from the very beginning. if this is too hard then join the armed forces in something that could offer civilian opportunities

I'm literally retarded though, i know that's a common excuse but I just think I have a lot of trouble learning and I should probably play into my strengths rather than what I'm below average at.

I'm also kind of trying to get set-up as quickly as possible, that's why I'm trying to learn web development since that seems to offer a lot of opportunities and expected to have a lot of job grwoth, and seems easy enough to learn

>I have about $5000
lol who would have thought you can only buy 4.2 bitcoins now with that kind of money in 2017

that's Canadian Dollars, so probably 2.1 btc!

Why would that matter though?

Funny how bitcoin's value is anchored so closely to how much it's worth in USD...

join the armed forces then. you earn something like 25k starting, you get to leave home as soon as you start, and they'll teach you skills. you can use your off time to learn whatever

I'm going to try applying but it's seems kind of flaky and not very guaranteed in the slightest

What else should I do, at least for the meantime at best, since apparently takes like up to a year to even get accepted into the forces. Is web development a viable idea?

>I'm going to try applying but it's seems kind of flaky and not very guaranteed in the slightest
theres nothing flaky about it.

>Is web development a viable idea?
honestly? no. there's nothing certain about it. you suck at math. you probably suck at coding too

>theres nothing flaky about it.

It just seems like the public doesn't hold the Canadian military in particularly high regard and apparently it's suffering from a lot of underfunding. And as a result they're not so actively recruiting.

>you suck at math. you probably suck at coding too
But you don't really need math for web development...

It doesn't, we just hit new ATH and just having a party.

>It just seems like the public doesn't hold the Canadian military in particularly high regard and apparently it's suffering from a lot of underfunding.
they aren't held highly and they are underfunded. they are still a good option for someone in your position who has nothing to show for himself

>But you don't really need math for web development...
you can't even fucking code yet dude. accept youre a neet piece of shit who apparently sucks at learning and join the fucking military

Yeah I will apply but they probably got a lot of better-suited applicants for limited spots. And it will probably take a while to even get in, that's why I want to have a backup plan and something to do in the meantime.

learning to code is valuable but something that might take many months/years to finally realize. if you enjoy it and are showing improvement then have at it but with no credentials you're going to have a really rough time

I know it might be kind of tough but seems like one of the better options to use my time on.

It's pretty interesting so far although I'm not very far into it and it really does seem like it has a good outlook long-term, and people seem to constantly talk about how they didn't even need to go to University to enter the field

Stop making Leafs look bad.

Fuck off to r9k.

I just wanted some advice my man... Not sure how seeking advice makes anyone look bad.

Not giving your home country unless someone asks would be a start.

Localized advice is important.

I know there's a lot of Canadians here so I was hoping someone could give me specific advice in case they were also from Canada and in a similar position previously.

>never graduated highschool and doesn't have a drivers' license

>What should I do to get my life on track and become a Veeky Forumsnessman?

Graduate high school and get a driver's license.

Web development is good money and steady work if you have the patience and aptitude, and you're willing to network and find clients. But that's putting the cart before the horse, I think. Getting a high school graduation/equivalent is so easy, useful, and fundamental that I wouldn't skip over it.

I run a graphic design business, have dabbled in web development, and dealt with developers, so I can try to help if you have any specific questions.

That's my current order of business (to get hs diploma and drivers license), but I really want to establish some sort of income in the meantime

I work in IT. Most absolute noobs start at the help desk working on the phone, try for that kind of job I reckon and build from there. Aim for entry level role if you've been a NEET for a while

>TFW normies can't even give proper advice these days

what has become of this place

If you're not fully motivated, you'll probably fail in whatever you decide to do. I really wish I knew this earlier...

Now, I probably have clinical depression(which makes things 1000000000000 times harder), but if you have no motivation to do something all day long and enjoy it, well, you might aswell use your time and money for entertainment(video games, drugs,etc.).

Look, I have a graphic design degree, but I didn't want to pursue that job since I had to compete with try-hard hipsters, putting 100x more energy into it because they enjoy it.

What did I do? I went to work at a fucking minimum pay factory with filipino/black workers that couldn't even speak french or english! And guess what? I don't even live in a third world country, but in freaking Mtl, Canada.

Now, the reason I went to work in that shitty factory, despite being well educated, was to try to start my own business and make money online. As I tought, the factory was motivating me to keep trying to succeed... but there was one problem.

The problem was, and still is, that I fucking have 0 serotonin/dopamine in the brain that makes me wake up every day and say "Yeah! Let's start a business and make money!". Actually, it does happen... maybe one day per year!

The worst is that I am disciplined. I don't go out, I don't watch movies, I don't play games and I have free time every single day(I'm jobless now and living off highschool, college savings). I even know exactly what to do to succeed, but I don't do it because of the fear of failure AND clinical depression.

Anyways, speaking from experience, if you have no REAL motivation to do something and enjoy it/make money from it, you will 100 percent fail. So my advice would be to get on welfare, do some "under the table" work to get a bit to eat and play games/take drugs all day. At least you'd be having fun that way.

I hope my advice will help at least one person in this situation.

Peace.

Is it possible to somehow gain motivation?

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah there is, start a family that you can't support

Honestly and unironically, mostof the successful people on this site are rainman level autistic geniuses. They never had trouble with technical stuff but with interpersonal relationship. I learned how to program with sicp in a year while I was studying physics at university. Then I graduated physics with top grades and now I'm basically a computer god. Best advice I can give you: find your strengths and exploit them. There is probably a way to get by even for someone who has no talent at all, but I wouldn't know about it. Everyone here is like "do what I did, learn to do this and that" but they don't realize that not everybody is gifted like them.

You shouldn't pretend that your brain is separate from your mind. Dualism is keeping you depressed. Stop making excuses and will yourself to wake the fuck up! Chase pain until you enjoy it. Hurt yourself; success really is all about short term self-harm. Just make yourself enjoy it!
The sad thing is that you'll probably keep wallowing in your delusion, as you think you heard my argument a billion times. Depressed people are so self-centered! Or rather, self-centered people like to think they are depressed and pharmaceutical lobbies like to encourage them. Sad, really.

With depression? Good luck! But if you're normal, yes you can.

Now listen, you should write this down somewhere, because it's gonna save you a lot of time. I've read a ton of books on the subject and tested everything myself, so here is a summary.

The secret is to imagine what you want to achieve/get/buy and think about it a few times every day. You gotta imagine it with as many details as possible.

For example, I can imagine myself coming to my mom's place in a luxurious car and giving her an expensive necklace and a ticket for a vacation in the south. And I would picture every single detail/her reaction/my clothes/how I would tell her that I got rich, etc.

Now, this is supposed to make you feel something. Maybe your heart will start racing and you're going to get excited when thinking about it. It might not cause emotions at first, but after a few days it should.

Then, you'll progressively start doing things to reach that goal. It's gonna be kinda automatic(if you're doing it right). To give you an example, you'll suddenly stop losing your time with useless things and you'll start thinking about ways to achieve your mental picture.

Now, you're probably thinking "this sounds like deep sh*t, this guy is crazy!". Well, to be honest, I tought the exact same thing when I read the books for the first time.

It really sounds like some "super-natural" trick on paper, but when you think about it for a second, you'll notice that you were probably doing it already in some way.

Perhaps, you like to play hockey? Now, tell me, aren't you day-dreaming about playing? Imagining how you're stealing the puck, shooting, etc. and you get to feel something about it? Well, that's the secret to achieve anything except that you would have to force yourself at imagining at first...

Finish highschool before you start thinking about anything else. No one will not think you are literally retarded before you do.

Or for example, you like to play to play a certain video game and you constantly keep thinking on how you're gonna achieve something in it.

When I was younger, I used to play DotA and I would dream of getting good and wrecking other players(I know I know, strong life goals) This would cause me to spend DAYS reading guides and applying strategies, all while not feeling like a homework...

By the way, you are probably thinking that I read some self-help books written with the sole purpose of milking people from their cash by giving useless advice. But it's not the case.

The books I've read are old books of people that literally started from the bottom and became some of the richest of their time. They didn't write these books to get money, but simply to describe how they did it.

There is a HUGE difference between "being depressed" and clinical depression. You're not the only one to mix the two... In fact, when I was younger I would get mad at people with clinical depression and tell them they needed to "man the f*ck up and stop being p*ssies".

And, boy, was I wrong!

Unfortunately for me, I learned this the hard way. Now, you're probably wondering "how did you learn it?" and the answer is simple: by getting it myself!

Indeed, at first I tought it was normal to lose interest in hobbies as we grow up. No more passion for drawing(been drawing forever, and had a real talent), no more passion for video games, for friends, for sports, for travel, etc. I just tought it was normal.

Well, after a lot of years of just waking up like a robot with literally zero interest in anything, I realized that something was wrong. Actually, I was quite sure about it when my parents invited me to go on vacation with them... and I felt ZERO excitement about it.

Can you imagine this? When I was a kid and my parents would buy us a ticket for a TWO WEEK ALL-INCLUSIVE VACATION IN THE CARRIBEAN, I would be jumping full of joy for WEEKS prior to the trip...

I would be the happiest kid in town. I loved the sun, the beach and the sea!

So when my parents bought me another ticket to go with them, I felt completely devastated. Why? Cause I noticed that this announcement made zero reaction in my brain. No dopamine, no serotonin, no excitement... only a fake smile to make them think I'm happy...

Now, what's the difference between clinical depression and "feeling depressed"? It's simple. When you feel depressed, your emotions are just temporarily down and they"ll go back up very soon. It happens when people have break-ups, loss, last-minute cancellation of an event, lack of sun, etc. Nothing to worry about.

On the other hand, you have what I call "premature death" or clinical depression. Now, do you feel depressed with it? The answer is NO! You feel nothing. NOTHING. NICHT. NADA. No ups, but no downs either.

You're never sad with it. And you're never feeling happy. It's like a straight horizontal line on an emotional graph, because your brain doesn't produce the hormones it should. It never varies. You're like a robot.

To be frank with you, there are some somewhat positive sides to it. For example, I wouldn't be sad if my parents or any member of my family died. I wouldn't give a sh*t if I had to get amputed right here and now. Wouldn't be scared of cancer or any serious disease.

Winning the lottery or getting kidnapped and slowly dismembered by some cartels would FEEL THE SAME psychologically. That's how it is. And most people kill themselve cause it's just too fucking boring and there's nothing you can do about it.