/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

>Simultaenous Logout Measures
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/263f9a10fe534e8c93e43d08fde73eaba1c52976

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/27vjvASi

Last time on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NX5TvlysDLA
youtube.com/watch?v=PDZYS7Gc5TQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for marrying lalafells!

Time to catch up my friend!

Sorry?

keep your stories coming my friends

>that fucking tank who doesn't use cooldowns

>you never gave zenos a tight squeeze on the ass and a french kiss before goodbye

Ka ka ka

*blocks your path*

Ignore avatar scum

>Time to catch up
I'm trying!

>there are STILL people claiming the english dub is just as good, if not better, than the japanese original

Fucking retarded.

"steppies" is the weakest meme I've seen come out of this "general".

>play AST
>using collective unconscious frequently because a 15sec regen is nice
>get close to the tank and use it
>tank moves and he is outside the bubble radius for barely a quarter of a meter
>he doesn't fucking move a single step to get inside and get buffed
>fucking wasted it
>mfw this happens all the fucking time

Post steppies!

I need to add more pics to my folder

Don't be weird about it. They posted theirs first, but mine was made earlier. Just report it and hope the janitors pay attention to details like timestamps.

WHO THE FUCK CARES

I'm not posting this pic a third time

Drow!

We can also go somewhere else. There are many other beautiful places for a date.

xth for malera

Gladiator or Marauder?

marauder

Approximately how long does it take to get DoH skills to max level?

How does one post steppies?

>that fucking tank who doesn't use cooldowns
Are you new to healing? That's literally 90% of the tanks i meet in roulette. Best is just ignore and move on.

how difficult is setting up that dps meter thing

Omega trailer when????

youtu.be/NX5TvlysDLA

youtube.com/watch?v=PDZYS7Gc5TQ
Here you go, music from one of the inevitable boss fights

I want to slay this bitch in the name of Corellon

can you comprehend a text guide and apply critical thinking skills to use google?

what server/name?

Google rainbow mage, that one was customized by me a but for smaller font and to only show dps, crit, heal% and overheal% but you'll be able to get something similar by default.

xth for garlemald

Think exdeath Will be one of the bosses in later tiers? I haven't played many FF games so idk if he Fits into the raid theme

because choose ONE and ONLY ONE:

a)pull a fuckton of mobs
b)not using cooldowns

I fucking hate when tank pull too many, mainly because I'm reduced to spamming benefic II like a bitch, which is boring as fuck

>implying you could be nowhere near top dps if you had to be babysitting a tank who dies in three his

I hear JPs only do single pulls and get faster clear times as a result.

Has anyone run into any level boosters yet in-game? Got any stories?

He can be used at any point in the raid, honestly. We know we're hanging out in the Interdimensional Rift, which is where Omega, Shinryu and Exdeath reside. Shinryu already took us to it in his fight, so the rift can easily have us fight Exdeath at any point. It'd make more sense for him to be the boss of O8, though

I'll slay you, user!

Looks like a slut that enjoys anal only.

not long with gil, long without. at best you can make a crafter buddy and try to get levekits off them for material cost. otherwise they're like 300-500k for a kit. then you're bottlenecked by leve allowances.

Super cute!

>See people people on youtube doing 4.5k+ dps on SSS Susano.
>Can't pass post 4k dps with the same rotation.
Granted I use V Materia instead of VI, but it can't be that big of a difference.

I think the same

its more logical too, if you are playing any RPG what's the most logical thing to do? spread damage among an entire group of enemies or focusing on them one by one?
killing first the big enemy with tons of health of the little ones around with little?
and it is just obvious that if the healer can have a breathing room to do dps it goes faster

You're truly interested?

I'm on Balmung.

>temporaly blocked from posting
I guess setting up an ingame meeting isn't videogames enough.

Level boosted dark knight who just sat in the middle of the field in Titan HM even after being told to tank it near the edge.

>no anime waifu in sight
Lame...

I-I need more

That's because JP players work together. Tank pulls few mobs and switches to DPS stance, Healer contributes DPS while keeping tank alive, DPS burn down 1 add at a time instead of hitting random targets. Combine all that with everyone popping sprint when available.

If this was a NA player group, the tank would pull everything and stay in shield path doing less damage. Healer doesn't contribute DPS because they're trying to keep tank alive. And DPS are hitting random targets which means they die slower.

What's the best advice you can give a new player? I just started as a gladiator and I got to level 15.

its more fun to pull big groups and aoe them to hell.

Is this the designated Midlander thread?

Are you i314?
IV melds are +40 dude they really fucking add up

I can't beat Sadu's teeth game. Sad

Tell me about this midlanders sexuality.

You can always use boles on the tank or CO the mobs for the stun. I know well it's annoying but caring about it only wears out your sanity though right now i find more annoying to outdps actual dps on single target than tanks not using cds on large pulls.

At least i can't complain much since as WHM i can have the tank have a hallowed ground per pull in the form of holy stuns but i can see how its more annoying as AST/SCH.

You heard wrong.

Bork!!

oops
*VI

I want to kiss this midlander's feetsies

Also the Interdimensional Rift is a really easy way to bring in other bosses. In the games, Twintania was a boss in the rift, and obviously she's a boss in Coil this time around. But even dudes like Gilgamesh live in the rift now, so XIV can easily bring bosses like Catastrophe and Alte Roite

You'll make a nice pelt for my furs!

He's correct, dumbfuck.

Always ask for advice about a boss if you're unsure how they work, and if people just say to burn it, go with it, the wipes on them if you guys die.

not for healers

spamming benefic II like a bitch to prevent the tank from dying is boring to hell and back

That's what I'm leaning towards, just hoping "warrior is bad" is a meme.

i313, I don't want to upgrade bracelet because stats on Lakshmi bracelet look like shit.
I wanted to upgrade, but people in this thread told me to wait for omega raid before melding VI.

Or you can be a WHM and Holy for 7s of stun, Assize, Aero III and the only healing you need to dedicate towards the tank is Regen, Asylum and one Tetra

Should play whm and holy :^)

He isn't. A competent group mass pulling will outpace a competent group single pulling every single time.

[citation needed]

Well that's the reason why you're losing a good 150-200 dps then

>Oh no I have to heal!

Suck it up you little bitch

She's dumb and oblivious, which is why she keeps sitting like this.

it sure is worse than the other 2

it is jarring how I used to be able to burn the boles for extra potency on my card with no worries to now hoping to get one so that tanks do not get as fucked as they do now, and CO mostly I use it to maintain buffs

god damn, you might be right, recently I've been having such terrible experiences wth random groups that I'm having any fun with this game at all and I find myself getting more and more annoyed by things

I don't understand how something that isn't my fault can be solved by wasting time leveling a class that I loathe and I find boring from 15 to 70 now

Do you think SB will be FFXIV's final expansion?
3.0/3.1 already almost killed the game, and they're repeating all the same mistakes.
I can see player numbers dipping to 100k or less.

Preferences, what's between those thighs etc

I had a samurai ask who the griffin was in baelsar's wall, then leave before I could tell him
???

>"i've never played a healer in FFXIV" the post

Then suck it up and heal like a good boy. Its fucking piss boring to do mob group by mob group in ex dungeons.
Or you can go to a jp data center and see if they let you play different.

Do you think Warlords of Dreanor will be WoW's final expansion?
5.1/5.2 already almost killed the game, they lost millions of subscribers and they're repeating all the same mistakes they did with Cataclysm and MoP.

It's mathematically impossible for single target dps to beat aoe.

Look at whm for example. On a 6 mob pull you're dishing out 200+180+160+140+120+100 (+1800 per assize)
That's 2700 potency in one gcd, each consecutive holy cast dishes out 900 potency through all the 6 mobs every 2.3s ish.

When will the game run out of final fantasy references to use as bosses?

what's the best way to get VI materia?

Level 70 DRG, never used BotD, never used Chaos Thrust or Heavy Thrust. Only had DRG leveled. Didn't use any OGCD either. This was in Susano EX party.

Cute sandals

Wow she sounds like a real air head...

>You're truly interested?
m-maybe

you're thinking about personal dps when you should be looking at the party dps picture.

tank pulls big mobs, forced to stay in tank stance so they deal less damage and take less damage. healer has to keep healing them because 10 mobs hitting at once since holy stuns only so much. DPS players are using their AoE too which have big parse numbers but the mobs are dying slowly one by one so the tank and healer has to contribute less damage by actually tanking/healing.

I don't know about single pulls exclusively. Let's take Kugane castle as an example. In the PF I was just in the tank pulled the first two packs, the second two packs and their reinforcements. And then only there did they do one pack at a time.

But even if they only do one pack at a time it's usually pretty fast. At the very least there have been extremely few times where a J would attack what the MT isn't attacking when targets get few enough that ST rotation is better than AoE. Among the other things I like is people taking responsibility for a screw up which makes the environment more friendly, and the two pull abandon in the case of learning parties.

I was reeling back in my chair in horror when a friend told me that just not long ago a tank barrelled straight into Susan without so much as a countdown or shield oath. I've never seen silly things like that.

Weeaboos sure are fucking stupid

Five different groups and I still haven't beaten Shinryu

Why the fuck is this so hard for people?

I'm going to bully pet this cat never time we're both online!

that made me disgusted
cant wait to meet people like that ingame

Hunts, what else? Cracked Clusters.

Or go transmute some cheap Vs.

Post cats?

Hey you fucking idiot, answer my question. >181521082

:b:na

Does no one here like male characters?