/dsg/ - Dark Souls General

>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

>Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pIAfYY74-vw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dark souls

So the butthurt begins.

>you will never be a little girl humping other little girls
I fucking hate my life.

What's best ~lv60 invasion build? Can't get anything to work, nothing seems to do enough damage (weapon upgrade level +7)

can someone explain the moundmakers collecting victims to become their "family"?

also the hollow "wedding" with anri?

do they come back to life in an afterlife or something?

66str best str

I want Friede to step in my face.

>tfw you learn the Nameless King's pattern and roll on every hit

Mound makers are just autistic

You kill anri to take her dark sigils

PRAISE THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BASED SUNBRAH !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gimme all your DS1 memes.

If you swing and then lock on, you deal 1 less damage for some reason. You probably saw that and thought that 90 deals more. And in usual luci fashion, you took your initial assumption as a fact and continued from there without actually testing

anyone else like the idea of a weapon art that lets you kill yourself to heal others/buff/refill estus or to do some extreme damage to somebody?

why does wearing the desert pyromancer's garb suddenly make the corset of the sunless leggings appear?

Go on

>tfw Chikage did it right in BB
Why is Ds3's equivalent so shit

Why do we still include bloodborne in the OP? Don't they have their own general?

I'm compiling a list of lewd armour for females. By lewd armour, I mean skin exposure is preferable but skin tight stuff that show off tasty Ashen Ass are great too. Anyone got anything to add?

Sets:
Desert Pyromancer Set
^Garb + Sunless Leggings makes corset appear
Master's Set

Tops:
Antiquated Plain Garb

Legs:
Loincloth (DLC and non-DLC)
Black Witch Leggings
Black Leather Leggings
Dancer's Leggings
Slave Knight Leggings
Sunless Leggings
^Desert Pyromancer Garb makes corset appear
Chain Leggings
Iron Leggings

Lucy just wants to start autism fights like a monster...

*grabs*
*teleports above u*
*grabs again*

heh...nothin personal ashen one

Even if that's true, which I highly doubt because 99=99, you were still a smug fuck about a 1 AR difference over 33 levels.

>If you swing and then lock on, you deal 1 less damage for some reason. You probably saw that and thought that 90 deals more.

That could very well be the case, but it doesn't detract from my original point, which is that going from 60 to 66 costs 6 levels for almost no real returns. Those 6 levels gave me only an additional 3 damage with B scaling.

Shh, don't tell

Am I ever not a smug fuck?

>You can't criticize my flaws because I continue to be an unlikeable person
I have a new respect for people who work in mental hospitals, talking to the mentally ill is a hassle.

Criticize away, just don't act like it is out of the ordinary for me.

No one acted like you being garbage was out of the ordinary, doesn't mean people aren't going to continue to call you it you fucking retard.

Rawr x3 casts aura how are you flame dashes on you you're so warm o3o notices you have a buff o: someone's happy ;) nuzzles your necky wecky~ murr~ hehehe rubbies your bulgy wolgy you're DPS so big :oooo rubbies more on your bulgy wolgy it clears maps so fast ·///· kisses you and lickies your necky raizqt likies (; nuzzles wuzzles I hope raizqt really likes $: wiggles butt and squirms I want to see your big daddy clearspeed~ wiggles butt I have a little itch o3o wags shaped strand can you please get my itch~ puts paws on your chest nyea~ its a seven inch itch chisels your map can you help me pwease squirms pwetty pwease sad face I need to be punished runs paws down your chest and activates a breachstone like I need to be punished really good~ paws on your bulge as I enfeeble mobs I'm getting thirsty. I can go for some Quicksilver potion unbuttons your pants as my eyes glow you smell so musky :v licks Ancestral Warchief mmmm~ so musky drools all over your chaos orbs your daddy meat I like fondles Mr. Fuzzy raizqt hehe puts snout on exalts and inhales deeply oh god im so hard~ licks exalts punish me daddy~ nyea~ squirms more and wiggles totem I love your musky goodness bites lip please punish me licks lips nyea~ suckles on your Taste of Hate so good licks pre of your totem salty goodness~ eyes role back and casts Vaal Righteous Fire mmmm~ moans and suckles

Wouldn't the Chikage be more like Chaos Blade?
>That could very well be the case
It is
>but it doesn't detract from my original point
it shows you're a retard that doesn't do his homework. Which you prove by what you say next. Relatively low scaling only gives a bit of damage? Wew. Also, the Millwood axe for example only get 2 ar from 60 to 66 1 handed but 2 handed those 6 points give 14 ar. Scaling gets better close to caps

Hmmm...so kindling bonfires is a thing. Sure would be nice to have more than 5 flasks. Do you know that I am currently as the first Hydra mini boss and I still don't have the rite of kindling?

Don't forget the ordained trousers
feet

WHYT DOES EVERYONE IN DS2 USE A SHITTY KATANA HOW THE FUCK DO I COUNTER THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Do you know that I am currently as the first Hydra mini boss and I still don't have the rite of kindling?
Most people don't do catacombs until well after the swamp, so that's normal.
You can kindle bonfires before getting the rite of kindling to get 10 estus, you know. The rite of kindling lets you go up to 20.

>going from 60 to 66 costs 6 levels for almost no real returns
60 Str 2h heavy great club = 623
66 Str 2h heavy great club = 641
nearly 20 AR increase for only 6 levels

60 Str 2h Heavy Claymore (B scaling) = 539
66 Str 2h Heavy Claymore (B scaling) = 554
15 AR increase for only 6 levels

You are a retard, stop posting

What is the strongest possible riposte in the game on a quality build and on a build made specifically made to do high riposte damage?

Is one shotting with a reasonable build still possible?

>Firekeeper standing on steps
>Is slightly displaced by my character kneeling and goes into a flailing falling animation for a quarter of a second

HNNNNNNNG.

why the fuck are you SL200

i couldn't find enough people on iron bridge sl 150

14 AR that only works on half your moveset on a weapon that is extremely easy to outspace at the cost of 6 levels is worth it to you? Are you trolling me?

14 AR for 6 levels is over 2 AR points for each level, which is pretty good and what should be aimed for. Also

2AR a level for only half your moveset is not worth it unless you are an R1 spammer.

You're right, if you're going to use a strength weapon, just level the basic requirements, leveling for AR is worthless especially if you only get over 2 AR per level.

Is there any character in DS 1-3 other than Solaire and Hawkwood that help you purely out of having your best interest in mind without expecting anything in return?

2 AR a level might be worth it if it affects your entire moveset.

I'm gonna roll

Look at the change in damage for a great club, or any heavy ultra weapon, 20 or more AR for only 6 levels is nothing to sneeze at and is worth much more than whatever else those 6 points could give you.

>hurr if you use a shield you're a retarded casual
>people think using items the game gives you is cheating
Why and when did this start? I understand summons, but whining about straightswords and shields is fucking dumb. It doesn't make the game any easier than using pyromancy or sorcery or greathammers. Hell, going through the game by twohanding an ultra greatsword actually made it much easier for me.
>not using normal sword/shield build for fashion in a medieval-styled game
>not two-handing your shield midmatch to bash the opponent's face in

>caring what other people think

>took dozens of tries to beat dancer on my first playthrough (a generic knight with a big weapon and a shield)
>beat her without getting hit just by spamming great deep soul and black fireball on the second
wew, magic really is easy mode

I saw: You might actually stand a chance hitting someone that not retarded with the claymore, that isn't going to happen with the great club unless you are lagging hard.

Just to put this in perspective, in DaS1, I would raise my Str to 40 instead of stopping at 27 too. I hate essentially gimping yourself out of half of your moveset.

>dude ultra weapons suck no one gets hit by them XD
>dude if someone gets hit by an ultra weapon they're just retarded lmao XD
kill yourself

>I hate essentially gimping yourself out of half of your moveset.
Going to 66 str doesn't gimp you out of your moveset though? What the fuck are you on about?

Why does 2-Handing a greatsword receive more AR with Dex?

Same people who think there is ever a right or wrong way to play Souls games.
They're hardcore but only if
>you don't use summons
>or use a shield
>or backstab/parry fish enemies
>or use magic
>or snipe enemies to abuse their aggro range
>or use any ranged weapon really
>or use any roll with over 10 iframes
>or upgrade/level up too much for an area

Don't listen to those people, they can't play games harder than DaS so instead they just try removing pointless advantages to prove their point. Do whatever is fun for you.
2h shields looks lame

Honestly I've never really had trouble hitting people with ultra weapons. I've never seen a single goddamn person who understands both poisetrades, unlocked combat and delayed attacking enough to avoid everything I can do. Not a single fucking one.

I long for the day that I am outplayed hard enough to make me want to try a smaller weapon in PvP, but I've had the most luck killing 2v1s using ultra weapons, so I'll keep using them.

Yes, but the returns are minimal. Using a weapon two handed just adds +50% strength, so 16 becomes 24, 27 becomes 40, etc.

Because of how sharp gem works now, almost any weapon will do its best with sharp infusion and around 75 dex. It's kind of dumb really, but it also requires a higher stat investment.

Having just 25 Faith to use Dorhys' Gnawing turns a shitload of bosses into cakewalks, including Dancer, Nameless King and the Demon Princes. It's just a shame that every other Miracle except Lightning Arrow and DMB fucking suck until you hit 60 Fai and have all the rings attached.

See: >Also, the Millwood axe for example only get 2 ar from 60 to 66 1 handed

You essentially just wasted 6 levels unless you plan on two-handing non-stop. It was the same concept for quality builds in DaS1 that stopped at 27 str.

According to /dsg/, every enemy who you've hit with a great weapon is either laggy or retarded.

>>hurr if you use a shield you're a retarded casual
Anynbody who says this is delusional, rolling has always been the OP easy mode go to strat in every souls game

Spear and great shield deprived build.
Not bad m8.

Rolling requires better reflexes. Blocking requires better resource management. One is more easily learned than the other.

But it doesn't gimp you, it just gives more AR to one half of your moveset while not adding much at all to the other half. How is that gimping?
Also at 120, there's not really another good place for those levels to go unless you're trying to stack poise and need more vit. But don't worry, poise is useless since you can't hit anybody, let alone poisetrade, with ultra weapons unless they're retarded!

I actually agree about the straight sword and shield thing. There's no point bitching about them. They're strong, but they're a crutch, because all they teach your average host is that you can get out of any situation by mashing R1 until everything is dead, which is a very bad lesson to have internalised when they come up against somebody who actually knows what the fuck they are doing.

Though I have actually gone up against people who switched to two handing their greatshield and it legit threw me off enough that they killed me.

>tfw almost all of DS3 would be better if they just made it harder to stagger enemies

Talking about PvP here.

Because those are 6 wasted points to the other half, and I play without poise.

Charge WA has hyperarmour, right?

Are the way of white coronas miracle worth it?

>but those are 6 wasted points to the other half
and useful points for the other half, so how is it wasted? once again where the fuck do you even need to spend these points?

>I play without poise
no wonder you can't hit shit with ultra weapons, half of it is poising through your enemy's hits

>When people say that Code Vein is "Anime Souls/Bloodborne"
Bamco surely likes to shit on the Souls Franchise

Is it better to use a shield with parry or a shield that allows you to use your weapon skill?

I've been using a Lothric Knight Sword and the Silver Eagle Kite Shield because I can use my weapon art without needing to two hand the weapon. I suck at parrying.

They need to fuck off with that shit

The next major Soulslike game is probably gonna be that new IP that From is swanning on about, which is probably going to be a literal clone of the Dark Souls franchise, or 'spiritual sequel'.

upgrade vit and use both

yes

Just for the sake of argument say you had 44 vig and 60 str with 6 points left. Putting those 6 points into vig would help both, while putting them into str would help just the one and gimp the other out of 6 points that could have been out in Vig.

If you learn to get all the 4 hits in, it probably has the best damage:fp ratio. For pvp it can be useful but not a priority

If you don't intend to parry then you won't get anything out of a parry shield, so a WA shield is good.

Parry shields are like 90% mindgames anyway. Most people who *unzips buckler* are just trying to make their opponent act with more caution and have no intention to actually parry, or the opponent is using an ultra weapon and has himself a nice chuckle.

People just say that because it has the same Zelda combat that the DaS series uses.

youtu.be/pIAfYY74-vw

Neat

>dude I NEED those six fucking levels

Honestly, I'll probably still play it because of that fact.

I'm a hopeless addict. Anything that even resembles a Soulsborne style game must be played, and played to fucking death.

>11 luck
>not 10 attunement for the WA

needs more vit for BOISE :DDDD

here you go my dude, go up to 125 too if you need more vig

>doesn't have 18 Dex
>no ATT for WAs
Are you even trying?

Why the hell do you need 18 dex? Also just use ashen for fucks sake.

>non knight starting class
Why bother?

how is my fashion souls

The lothric knight helm doesn't go well with cathedral knight torso.
use catarina helm

How much did I fuck up?

Some of the most fun Str weapons require 18 dex and having to pop a blues estus after every WA or two is retarded.

>tiny head big body

kek

What STR weapons require 18 Dex? The only one I can think of is Harald CGS but you can just use Exile at a couple points of lower Dex instead, 16 is the more natural upper limit of dex for Strength builds since it gives you Splitleaf and the Greatlance.

Are any of the boss weapons in DS3 worth using? Started recently, and I've currently only got a handful of boss souls (Vordt, Greatwood, Crystal Sage).

Nice moving the goalposts, I gave you a 66 str with 50 vig and 40 end, with 9-14 levels to spare. But if you need to be spoonfed then heres something to appease your incessant whining.

Also black knight weapons (what I presume you mean by 18 dex str weapons) are better as 40/40 refined.

Depending on your build yes, what are you going for? Most boss weapons are quality ones aside from the ultras and INT/FAI scaling ones.

where's the shrine for smiling town???

Quality is what I'm starting with since I'm still learning what weapons are fun or where the statcaps are.

Vordt's Hammer is good for PvP but slow
Hollowslayer is great for PvE