/gwt/ - Gwent: The Witcher Card Game General

RIP
>NEWS
reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/6l20tt/dev_stream_summary_all_changes/
>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Gwent Faction Videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

>All Character Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

Other urls found in this thread:

gwentdb.com/news/124-livestream-recap-balance-changes-and-more
gwentdb.com/decks/12317-4400-princess-of-skellige
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We replace Royal Decree with only 31 cards now?

I'm not afraid.

Non reddit link to unofficial patch notes: gwentdb.com/news/124-livestream-recap-balance-changes-and-more

Sleep tight, princess ;_;

It's hilarious how many bitch tears are flowing right now.

ahem

>debating changes == bitch tears
thanks reddit

rip goat pussy

F

>Spotters got 1 point buff?

Uhhhh, varu?

it protects them from being sent to the graveyard when reset

also it gives regis HV some extra value if he eats one since he will only get buffed for the base strength

Please don't post ITT unless you're high mmr (700+)

>weather is deader every patch

100% ready to enjoy this game again tbqh

Because you usually have to build your entire deck around it and it takes some skill to play properly. I could see a nerf if they said it was just too strong (it wasn't but still) but the logic behind it is so ass backwards that it makes you lose faith in this game going forward

>single player
>set myself up so that opponent who has already passed will lose the round because of weather
>pass
>turn ticks over and he takes damage
>I win

>Multiplayer
>same scenario
>turn ticks over
>no damage
>I lose

Swell game where the tutorial works differently than the actual fucking game.

Also can I get some more loading screens between menus?

>Also can I get some more loading screens between menus?
There weren't any a few patches back in CB. Then they somehow introduced them. I don't know why. Maybe all the card arts were buffered in the storage and that's why it lagged if a lot of animated cards were on the field.

So.. SK is Queensgard now?

they're still probably the strongest faction in the game, or at least very close to it

Ya know, I'm just happy they're taking at least the initiative and admitting that weather can be literal AIDs, they may not be making 100% correct decisions every patch but they are making some correct decisions, at least Axemen is now in line and not as AIDs

Standard SK with Mork (or maybe Olgierd?) is still strong, hardly got nerfed. Axemen are dead. Kambi is probably dead. Idk about QG as i think we'll be seeing more Reveal and Calveit NG running medics.

Something nobody seemed to notice: the description on fog wasn't changed. It still says it damages the highest unit, not one of the highest unit. Maybe they meant for it to be changed, but the text didn't change.

i didn't follow the stream during the axemen part but they'd only be "dead" if they cant get multiple boosts a turn for every point of damage inflicted on the other side

axemen + stamlefords tremor's = OP as fuck

The bear and weather changes are being undersold in relation to SK. How do they even pop the lord for HaJ unless they use the 5 damage silver or madman? SK lost quite a bit of power but it wasn't guillotined like everybody wanted.

crokeyz pls

also I agree. i'd rather have action than months/almost years of inaction like some devs.

That's just them being bad with text. Card text inconsistencies in this game are everywhere.

>succ dead
>weather monsters dead
>renew dead again
>card is played too much, better kill it xD
Nice balance testing there CDPR. Fucken retards.

Ledditors currently acting like spoiled children because they can't get full refund from 90% of monster

honestly CDPR need some dude who knows how to write english to fly on over and give them a lesson in grammar.

everything bad brought on us by this hotfix is their problem. let them burn

I think even the refund is a bit too generous.
They will surely change it in the future to 80 or 90% of the scrap value.

How are they gonna get large boots per turn now that frost is dead? You'd also need the opponent to have multiple units along with multiple tremors in your hands. Even if you get the god draw, you'll likely only get huge axemen for 1 round if they aren't mardro'd, igni'd or scorched. and then how do you win the 2nd now that you can't spam frost on every round?

*********IMPORTANT***************

WEATHER KNIGHTS ARE NOW

AGILE
G
I
L
E

Succubus was from the dark past of Gwent where Rot Tossers worked just like her.

More than half of factions don't even have a way to counter Succubus, stop bawwww'ing holy fuck.

Perfect timing, right as weather dies.

What's bad? Is your cookie cutter deck useless now? Just craft a new one.

LUL

RIP weather monsters

rev up those ignis boys we NR meta now

Time to shine baby

reddit it's about time you niggers realize this site isn't meant for you

>i will never play my premium Eredin again

Even the Jews at hearthstone give you a full refund when they change cards

yeah but they only change cards like twice a year.

They did it much more often in the beta and at the very beginning

post those bigdick reveal decks

do I fit letho in post patch?

theyve also become a lot more jewier so

I threw up a little.

>people STILL don't have a full collection after that meteorite for scrap nerfs

lmaoing@yourlives

>Axemen getting nerfed
>Unpacked premium axemen
Patch when?

enjoy good weather and sunshine, Mr Eight STR card

keep them, reddit will cry their VIKANGZ got nerfed and they'll get buffed again

doesn't matter, we'll be able to purchase dust and recraft like we did the last time around

Why would you put Letho in reveal if it wasn't in reveal before
Nothing actually changed, just numbers

Guys, the mill values displayed during the stream were back to 5 and 10. I'm scared.

actually now that leo is kill letho might take his place

letho d bomb could be the BSC killer we will desperately need soon enough

Nah they are getting nerfed. When the patch is out will mill them for full value.
DESU in spite of the fact that they are now forever hardcountered my mardroeme removing veteran is barely a nerf. The rest of SK getting gutted is what truly makes this great

So spawned units are ones that are added to the game, not played from your deck, right?

So Bears will still hit stuff like BSC and Witchers

Yes

It wont break harpy eggs because those are summoned, same with Woodland's wolves

Pretty sure the text said it only hits cards played from hand.

played from hand
this means that if you play vesemir from your hand, only the old man is molested

All around bear is still good, but not OP like now.

ATM next big guys seems to be Consume, NR and Skellige.

But I am not still sure about NR if they become prominent in the meta people will start to tech against them.

IS queensguard the go to for Skellige?

I destroyed the challenges with a slightly modified wild hunt deck but against other players I'm always seeing weather clears and fairly even distribution on the board.

I wanted to play an NR deck that focused on drawing from the deck and triggering fresh crew for card advantage but it just doesn't seem to be coming together with base cards.

>Vesemir getting raped by a bear as Eskel and Lambert watch
Thanks CDPR.

since weather got nerfed hard teching against NR will rely mostly on igni and epidemic, NR will have to use dandelion / immune boost to reduce potential damage, besides that you can gear up against them that much IMO

I hope warcry is more viable now

Queensguard is currently solid and will continue to be good after the patch hits and everyone flails around since the patch did nothing to the gud gittin queensguard decks. There's slightly a chance that warcry will be playable without the rampant homosex of weather everywhere, and axemen will probably be decent they'll just have to move to closer to a closed beta deck rather than retarded open beta spell fest. Skellige will be fine.

Can I finally play Harald axemen the proper way now without people thinking I'm a cunt?

no. you need to wait until the next hotfix when they nerf SK even more because they went easy on you after the rape that was the current meta

who still running 7 weathers postpatch here? Except frost. It is straight garbage now. I look forward to everybody dropping their clears. Might even run gold weather

>doesn't matter, we'll be able to purchase dust and recraft like we did the last time around
no?

RIP Regis. They should at least strengthen him instead of boosting to balance it.

everyone will be running igni now anyway in place of renew

I honestly think weather spawning units will still be fine. Especially as everyone drops weather clear and only runs mages.

Gold weather? Could be a comeback.

That'll be nice especially with renew.
Just like Regis in the game he comes back from the dead even stronger.

since weather has changed for the worse, frost affecting the lowest units and fog one of the highest does that mean my Caranthir and Woodland Spirit can be dusted for its full value?

>he comes back from the dead

N O T C A N O N
O
T
C
A
N
O
N

>Woodland Spirit
no

Frost is still good in a beast deck

All you need to drop two on command is one hound in hand and either a navigator to summon another hound or Eredin/Dagon deploy.

Bunch of synergy with Imlerith, Nithral, giants and Drowners.

Definitely bad for any other deck though.

Frost is 1 damage to all, fog is 2 to the highest and rain is 2 to the lowest

Gwent decks, gwentify or GwentDB?

So since NR is now cancer, rev up those Igni into Renew into Igni again

>mediocre slav fantasy literature
You wouldn't believe how much of that shite we have here. I really don't want to straight up call you a pleb, so I'm just gonna say that the witcher's place is definitely in video games

deadest game

>not just running bork

oh...nevermind

Is there even a reason to have more than 25 cards?

Garrunah would be such a good streamer if he didn't play his shitty music

Unless you have cards that auto thin like Golems or most of NR's cards

Then no

Hey to be fair the writing is great for video games.

>literally melted to liquid glass
>somehow comes back from the dead because lol made up lore only higher vampires kill other higher vampires

this has nothing to do with mediocre slav fantasy literature, its a retarded retcon

So who are top dogs now?

1. NR
2. SK
3. ST
4. MN
5. NG

Yes/no?

Trebuchet gonna be a sleeper hit senpai

If you are running the meme NR deck that uses max amount of cards? Sure.
Otherwise, probably not.

Too early to tell. Hold your horses faggot.

> 3.ST

How am I supposed to do my daily 6 rounds when I know theres a patch coming..

I think this would work especially immediately after the patch. Everybody will drop weather clearing

I didn't say anything about the writing in the games, it's definitely okay. The books, however, in addition to being fantasy lit which is already the plebbiest thing in the world, are meh at best. We've also gotta remember that books and video games are different mediums that speak entirely different languages. I honestly think Andrzej should've been a film director, he's incredibly good at creating short self-contained cinematic tense situations, otherwise he's medicore at the very best
Geralt not being dead is a retarded retcon, Yennefer not being dead is a retarded retcon, a bunch of famous characters popping up randomly out of nowhere when they're needed is just retarded, Merigold's entire existence and her character in W1 and 2 is pure retardation and poor taste. The games are not even close to perfect in that regard, but they still had to somehow dig up all the crowd's favorites to make an actual video game out of it

The reason why they nerfed caranthir row's movement is because more than 50% of the time he was used in combination with water hag's lacerate

reddit somehow thinks this is not the case and it's an over nerf but they're also fucking idiots

Gold weather about to make a comeback?

Clear Skies about to be used again?

Missed the stream? How are SK Pirates looking? Ciri Dash? Johnny?

New to Gwent form one season of hearthstone.

I think I have the basics and I am reading up on some top rated decks to get a feel for the meta but I am stuck on one.

gwentdb.com/decks/12317-4400-princess-of-skellige

I seem to understand the deck right up until you are supposed to play spies. What spies?

Birna Bran is the only spy. I feel like I must be missing something or something in the article is wrong. I would have to hope the enemy has a spy and then counter with Donar, archer or a removal and then steal it with Birna and then resurrect it instead of Pirates.