How many issues does your vehicle have, Veeky Forums?

How many issues does your vehicle have, Veeky Forums?

Just inspected my truck and found a mountain of things I have to fix now.
>D/S outer tie rod
>P/S inner tie rod
>P/S wheel hub assy.
>D/S upper ball
>P/S upper ball
>P/S rear axle shaft

Other urls found in this thread:

automotrizenvideo.com/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-file-uploads/hjcv1000/2012/12/Hyundai-Accent.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

#justchevythings

Uhhhhmmm...

A slight jump in the shifts I guess?
I’d like to reupholster the seats, and then i’d Like to get the paint touched up a little.

That’s pretty much it though.
Oh, i’d like to get an adapter and one of those radios that look all old and shit but really have a USB port in the back.

That’s it.

>needs a wheel alignment
>new front brakes
>new rear tyres

its not so bad

Entire front suspension besides the lower control arms
All hoses related to the cooling system
All brake calipers
steering wheel violently shakes upon *very* hard braking

buy a e46, they said

on my last MOT cert i have an advisory about the gearbox frame being cracked at the rear or some shit.

am i gonna die?

Left rear door lock is broken
Steering wheel and shift knob leather is fucked
Doesn't beep when I lock it
Could probably do with flushing the brakes

Eh not bad

>2 year old front pads need warrentied out
>Oil and filter change
>MAF sensor needs cleaned
>air intake needs cleaned
>need new flange gasket (muffler is a bit loud)

Nothing much for a nipshit camry, can't complain

Nope, actually Ram. Just a ton of miles and abuse on larger tires

I'd never own a yurop vehicle but it's miles better than GM shit. Entire fuel systems already fucked at 50k miles for my idiot friends who are into buying "american".

My timing belt broke today and probably took the cylinder head with it
Just last week I thought "gee it's about time to do the timing belt"
The new one was supposed to arrive monday.

dat sucks
what car is it exactly?

GTR

2004 hyundai accent
I got 150k out of it at least

what engine

well you could be lucky and only have slight damage or very lucky and have none.

1.6 liter 4 banger
It is an interference engine

I am going to replace the belt (and the pulleys and water pump) on monday anyways just to see if it comes back to life

But isn't valve damage pretty much guaranteed?

If it was at low rpm, the cam could have just settled at a stop before piston contact. but we're talking like idle.

Just replaced a thermostat and replaced the battery on my key so atm only the windscreen is broken. That'll get fixed when it doesn't pass inspection anymore.

I was probably at about 2k, just coming up to a stop sign in my neighborhood (thank fucking god)

I do remember though the engine did not seem to die on its own. I think it kept idling somehow until I turned it off. But when I try to turn it over I can see the cams are not moving now.

meh, 500rpm on the cam, it's almost certainly bent the valves.

I bent one in my truck installing the head like a retard, It ran fine on it driving around the yard before I pulled it off again. I just lapped a valve in from the old head and its all good.

Audi Quattro 1.8t
>Both front CV axles
>Warped brake rotors
>Intercooler leaks
>Air intake has leak after turbo
>Intake cam has lobe wear on multiple cylinders
>ABS light
>AC Pump sounds like cancer
>Needs wheel alignment
>Lots of play in steering
>Interior lights fuse keeps blowing and cant figure it out

Kill me

pretty much with interference engines
doing a compression test and looking in the cylinders with a micro camera woudl give you a better idea of the damage. that is if you really dont want to tear it apart.
If it were me and it were feasable i'd rip the head off and have it rebuilt, new gaskets, seals and all that.

this.
yep it could have made the slightest contact with one or 2 valves and slightly bent them so if you replace the timing belt it would probably run but not great.

i'd just feel more comfy doing what i initially said, if you can afford to have it done or do it yourself.

>Interior lights fuse keeps blowing and cant figure it out

check battery terminals and ground wires, positive wires for good clean connection.

Do you think I can get away with just replacing the valves? Or do you think the head itself/bosses for them are also fucked?

I guess there's only one way to find out, come monday

I was thinking of seeing if I could find a new head in the local junkyard. It isn't that much more steps if I'm replacing the timing belt anyway right?

It's just kind of a shit boring car that I don't know if it's really worth it. But it might be worth doing just to sell the car afterward and then buy something more fun (I have a lot more money now)

>Audi Quattro 1.8t

But which Audi? A4?

Si Senior

Just a bent valve isn't going to do fuck all to a modern seat as long as you're not running it that way continuously for like a month.

I would recommend you put the new belt on, rotate the engine by hand four times to make sure it wont bind, then without starting it, do a compression test. or even crank it and listen to see if it cranks evenly.

I wouldn't start it unless you pass a compression test regardless.

I'll put that on my list of things to do tomorrow. Thanks

>I was thinking of seeing if I could find a new head in the local junkyard

if i did that i'd still want to have it cleaned up and the mating surface made even at a shop.

might be the about the same to have your current one rebuilt. guess you should be doing some shopping around for prices.

no problem, seen some weird electrical shit happen just from that

here is a service manual
it's in spanish but should help for torque specs at the very least

automotrizenvideo.com/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-file-uploads/hjcv1000/2012/12/Hyundai-Accent.pdf

just cosmetic and random little stuff now, like my parking brake is jammed and my HUD busted a spring so that doesn't work. what I did this summer
>front struts
>sway bar links
>lower control arms
>tranny flush
>wheel alignment
>resonator was buzzing so replaced with straight pipe
>upstream O2 sensor
>sparkplugs
>cleaned throttlebody/mass airflow sensor
>new battery
>new winter tires
>new speakers through whole car
>new supercharger oil and cleaned up

still want to replace the downstream O2 sensor and get a new head unit but I got the biggest of the problems taken care of before winter.