Thoughts on covering the entirety of your truck in bed liner? My truck is black anyway...

Thoughts on covering the entirety of your truck in bed liner? My truck is black anyway, and then I wouldn't have to worry about dings and other bullshit because I can just spray over it.

Thoughts on this? I feel like it's a solid plan that won't add significant weight to my truck. Not to mention it looks pretty sexy honestly.

It looks fucking terrible

Your entire truck is going to look like shriveled jerky in 20 years

You're right Cletus, why risk getting your paint scratched when you can ruin your entire paint job yourself for just a few thousand dollars?

It doesn't even have to be black though.

>Cletus.

It's not a work truck, it's a Raptor. Could literally get an actual work truck and a fun and somewhat fast grocery getter instead.

Why stop there? Plenty of vehicles look great in plasti dip and bed liner.

This camaro for instance looks decent

But I think this Camaro look MUCH better.

And why stop there? You can spray this shit right on the engine to protect it from scratches and dents too!

Cletus and raptors go together like middle aged white men and porches.

I would maybe consider it to freshen up an older vehicle that had scratched up/faded/worn out paint but I would never do it to anything remotely new.

That looks amazing.

Dude was probably tired of Mustang owners keying his ride.

Black on black isn't great, but it doesn't look awful in this case.

Enjoy getting literally zero MPG

Why?

I spray liners for a living if you do it do linex (what i spray) and get the premium liner so it has uv protection otherwise the sun will make it fade and look and ugly gray after a year or so. Also spray in everything in liner fucks up tolerances and the weather stopping on your windows my not keep 100% of water out anymore

Weather stripping *

Probably be cheaper to scratch the shit out of it and repaint it in a couple of years.

The flat black looks good on since cars, not many. This is one of those case where it does.

My buddy plasti-dipped his 240 in flat black as a stop gapbefore getting an actual paint job and that looks good too (this was before he had a kid and his wife made him trade in his Evo and he bought a new Lexus IS).

I think it really only works on sports cars or an alternative to a shitty paint job. I've considered doing it to Lexus because the bitch who had it before me fucked up the paint, but still undecided

It actually cost the same we charged 4k to do this guys Jeep it's the exact same process as painting just a different product i used to paint before i switched to spraying linex so i did it exactly like i would have done a respray on a car.

and then you ruin all resale value. keep it stock faggot.

not a single person in this thread posted a picture of anything other than a 20 foot car, when you look at bedliner up close it looks disgisting and even the painter took shit pics to hide his shitty work with a shit product

Unlikely. Golf balls fly better with dimples, so I suspect there's not going to be much disadvantage on the bedliner paint job.

In my defense the inside if the shop isn't the best place to take pics

You realize the point of bed liner is to prevent RUST, not protect the paint from dings or scratches. Anyone can repaint but a large enough chip or dent that pierced the clear coat will eat your car up from the inside out real fast.

Just make sure your car got a tetanus shot then

pretty fucking ugly, just get the dings and scrapes rather than preemptively turning it into garbage

Ugly how?

Actually it's pretty nice when sprayed right and it is extremely tough and does protect from scratches and scrapes as for big dents the liner is flexible so it'll bend with the panel

from 10 feet it looks like old chalky black primer

Why don't Americans put proper utility areas on their trucks in the first place? What's with this compromised body-style garbage with only one access direction and lots of vulnerable, expensive to fix materials?

So that way we don't need to carry tow straps for everything also we do have flat beds for when we need them

>carry tow straps for everything
You see the folding sides on the vehicle I posted? Also not strapping down larger cargo is hugely irresponsible and creates hazards out of laziness. What's exactly the point of a flatbed without folding sides? Can't even carry mulch on it.

Bed liner shrivels up and rots away faster than paint fades from sun damage

So you apply more.

Why do you need folding sides when the back folds? Genuinely curious.
>Can't even carry mulch on it
Are europeans so weak they can't lift a bag of fucking mulch from the back and have to go in from the side? What?

Bed liner ain't cheap

It's not worth it unless your paint is in bad shape an it won't last as long as a factory paint job

Not if you get the premium liner it has uv protection so it won't fade or crack and all linex liners have a life time warranty so if that happens well redo it for free :)

Hmm interesting

You are adding several hundred pounds to your car. Disregarding that, you have now made it nearly impossible to fix body damage with out replacing, spraying the new part and having it looked fucked up because its new and not faded like the rest.

Than you have added wear and tear on door hinges and latches and rubber seals.

It is a stupid fad that serves no purpose.

There are other sprays and liners to use on the under carriage and inside of body panels if you want sound deadening and heat shielding.

>resale value
That's like not fucking your girlfriend so the next guy can have a tight pussy

Wish this were an option from the factory for offroad vehicles especially. Paint is a shitty fragile surface

Depends on the vehicle and whether or not you're using it as an investment to move into something better someday, or as a shit kicker.

Trucks are usually built to be shit kickers. The depreciation is higher, they are beat to shit by most operators, and they are used for off-road and manual labor. Buying a truck as an investment is stupid, buying a family sedan as an investment is fine.

>Buying a truck as an investment is stupid, buying a family sedan as an investment is fine.
Is it opposite day? This is the most accurate statement I've read on 4chinks.