/neog/ - SNK and Neo Geo General

KoF XIV Arcade version is Out!

Animated series stuff:
youtu.be/RbVpftt7N5I
youtu.be/HJC0gM9G010

KOFXIV now out on Steam! 20% off until July 6th
store.steampowered.com/app/571260/THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_XIV_STEAM_EDITION/

KoF XIV is in the e-sports event by the OCA.
twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/873134058447839232

Get KoF 98 UMOL in English:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ourpalm.kof98.us

Stuff from the chinese conference:
youtu.be/MJwlFbp4toU

New MSA Extra Ops:
youtu.be/kq7MuHrKvKk

KoF Destiny game trailer
youtu.be/kOTUGI-nrDs

New KOF Chinese manga:
twitter.com/PrettyBakedCake/status/816915802083340288
twitter.com/PrettyBakedCake/status/817381037114171392

New SNK mobile RPG:
game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/newproject/

Latest tournament footage:
youtu.be/dNl_ypNMh5k
youtu.be/dBDcZgcNCzU
youtu.be/-_MVbscJXv8
youtu.be/RT4hkGwe7j4
youtu.be/cmA18dnqNxI
youtu.be/v1JH568QpR0
youtu.be/HwD3v53neA4
youtu.be/gLNqxvNQxQQ
youtu.be/v=WFaLZMTwIjk
youtu.be/xFFq3r0ln10
youtu.be/BV-bjwj5gik
youtu.be/i4zqA4OI5do

DandyJ's beginner guide:
youtu.be/Ye3KVgI1LvU

Community resources:
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/

Discord group:
discord.gg/HYAQYFh

KOFXIV gallery/OST:
pastebin.com/mYwAPcM0

Play older games online on Fightcade. compatible roms DL:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Links for the Steam Artbook

>PDF drive.google.com/open?id=0B2546QRNPRPxb1VyemE5N25kb00
>jpg mediafire.com/file/758z1r4yzo66w54/KOF_XIV_Steam_artbook.rar

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SNK_KimiHERO/status/880281800370606082
youtube.com/watch?v=-G_PhsAuUzY
bitmapbooks.co.uk/collections/all/products/neogeo-a-visual-history
youtube.com/watch?v=SrsJspY7C3s
youtu.be/mWQa6zpJdBw?t=6m33s
smash.gg/tournament/evo-2017/events/the-king-of-fighters-xiv/brackets
twitter.com/frionel26/status/881957159411621888
youtube.com/watch?v=y04Uy1G5eQU
twitter.com/WSFreshLOC/status/882319443967098880
twitter.com/sousuke000/status/701842225563500544
youtube.com/watch?v=vzNVjKPVU4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I love Whip!

Shit, I used the picture in the OP and forgot to mention:
>【Notice】
>The 2nd closed beta test has started! We have sent an e-mail to those who have been elected from among the applicants. Please confirm your e-mail and join us. Please note that we are still accepting applications for test participation until 14:00 on July 3!
twitter.com/SNK_KimiHERO/status/880281800370606082

Fatal Fury Special World Cup 2017 PV:
youtube.com/watch?v=-G_PhsAuUzY

The Officially licensed Neo Geo A Visual History book is up for sale. 3 Different editions.
bitmapbooks.co.uk/collections/all/products/neogeo-a-visual-history

I just realized, the FFS world cup is on the 15th in Japan which means it will be on the 14th in the evening for burgerstanis. It starts at 3 pm Japan time which is around 11 pm pacific. So hopefully evo for KoF will be over by then. If not the events will overlap.
Also here's PV2:
youtube.com/watch?v=SrsJspY7C3s

The Mega edition of the book is already sold out. So Collector's edition for me it is.

Holy shit that was fast... good to know they're doing well, but now I hope the t-shirt eventually becomes available in other ways.

>kagerou no mai was randomly made into a super move in KOF XI and Neogeo Battle Coliseum

in older games it actually behaved differently

>that time mai spoke english
youtu.be/mWQa6zpJdBw?t=6m33s

what does she says? "Fire Mai"? "Muh Mai"??

clark's erotic level 3

Ralph plz

Based Clark.

Am I the only one who'd like to see SNK referenced somehow on Wreck It Ralph 2?

great, but fat chance

That'd be cool, but no way it's happening

Kasumi is my girl

Pools info. Is it just me or do I see relatively low foreign (not from the US) entrants?
smash.gg/tournament/evo-2017/events/the-king-of-fighters-xiv/brackets

twitter.com/frionel26/status/881957159411621888

Hopefully. Now to wait until september. My mind keeps telling me "you spent $85 on a book", but then I realize that I've bought textbooks more expensive than that and I spend $10 less than that a month on internet.

>The Mega edition of the book is already sold out.

Wow Im glad I decided to grab it when I did. Didn't think it'd fly off the shelves like that

Hopefully the people who want the book get it because I remember reading somwhere that they're only doing the pre order run.

So was the second DLC wave rumor debunked already or not? Last I heard, it turned out there was no steamdb entry like the brazillian guy claimed. I'm gonna be VERY pissed if some random ass BR got me all excited over nothing.

It's fake. And you really should no better than to listen to rumors

Fuck me, I really wanted to believe. I want all BRs bullied out of the fucking Internet.

Look spreading misininfo sucks but at a certain point it's on you.

They'll take the Capcuck route again.

Of course they would.There's no choice.

Mortal Kombat is too violent and controversial. DOA is too sexy. Tekken is too dark, especially when it comes to family terms (which remember, family is the key genre for a movie like Wreck it Ralph) They wouldn't even know what character to pick from Soul Caliber, and SNK and everything beyond that is far too obscure for them to reach.

Though I would imagine a character that is as "cool-looking" as Sol Badguy could make an appearance, appealing to the kid/edgy teens.

Terry may as well may make it in too, because of his simplistic design, but he probably wouldn't even have a single line in the film, and just be sitting around next to a cast of minor video game characters that won't speak for shit. Terry wouldn't even say "OKAY!" Let alone Sol Badguy even getting a line.

>Ralph is feeling down during the middle part of movie.
>Bunch of game characters are just around.
>Terry just asks "Are you okay"

So I was looking at some imports for the saturn and had a question.

I remember hearing some KOFs need their own Ram cart but was that just 95? Will any of them work with a action replay?

you niggas dead or what?

Man, it's 2:30 am where I'm at and I put up shit I find online whether it's new info, about the jap side of things, or whatever (doesn't guarantee people will talk about it). Fug, I'm only posting this late to keep these alive.

On another subject for some reason I like that Nakoruru. It would be cool to see more SNK characters with expressions they're rarely seen with.

how about a Smugeruru.

This anime was so fucking boring

We need to go smuger.

Eh, the first movie had MK references. I'm sure they could work something for SNK

depends, are most of those oconus players playing other games here?

i don't know about any travel bans coming from those regions but 75 dollar entry fee *per game* is a pretty retarded barrier

almost like the jim crow laws dotdotdot,,

I want to fuck Smugi Bugi.

Hyouka and SNK References were so out of nowhere.

I liked

I want to pet cat!Leona and feed wolf(?)Iori!

i personally think most anything by kyoani is boring as fuck
that includes haruhi oh shit
amaburi was probably the most entertaining work i've seen them do
with that said, i'm sad that irisu and oreki were in a boring series

Who knows. Maybe the price could havr something to do with it, maybe it didn't.

KoF XIV steam version patch notes:

>Fixed several crashes introduced in the previous patch
>Fixed a Japanese text input issue
>Fixed several issues with resolution switching and resolution bigger than 1080p

youtube.com/watch?v=y04Uy1G5eQU

Surprised they even bothered to do a KoF video. Comments are total cancer though, mostly because of console war type stuff, but sprinkled in there you can see some muh grapfix/srites/should have done what GG did.

With how meticulous they are it would be cool if they could include the Arcade version if they ever got the chance to get on it since there does seem to be some slight difference between ps4/pc and the arcade version.

It's their second video actually. Kinda wishing DF could do a look into the arcade version since as said and on uh, social media, there are some more differences between XIV PC and XIV arcade, namely shadows and other details.

And yeah, fuck the comments section there.

doing the shading itself is not hard, it's just using more discrete thresholds and values in your shaders, it's all the extra work they put into it like stretching to simulate those smeary animation motion tricks or whatever

so if they just did simple stuff, it'd look like a stupid anime cel shaded game

i don't think anyone that's a plebe understands the 3d pipeline at all, there are books out there and they should read them

>Comments are total cancer though
I should have heard you, my eyes are bleeding now

So, based on the evo pools/brackets that have been posted, anyone got any predictions as to who will make it out of their pools?

Shit sounds like it's complicated.

what they do for ggxrd is kind of artistically complicated moreso than programmatically, not to say it isn't the latter to some degree

but they do a lot of visual tricks to make the game look like how they'd appear as sprites with the motion tricks, like a quick sword swing looks momentarily like a really fat sword in motion, that's a visual trick

once you've programmed the engine, you just work around that engine by doing these tricks and getting that cool visual effect that wouldn't be normally accomplished by moving or posing the model in a standard fashion by itself

Crossover game when?

C'mon guys don't let me have all the (You)s.

oh ok i won't

twitter.com/WSFreshLOC/status/882319443967098880

>Where are the punishes?
I don't know, ask anchor Iori and his ability to whiff punish with far D max cancel into death without even using 5 bars.

If firearms and the like were more of an option, Metal Slug might have better chances than SNK's fighters.

cool a nobody that nobody should care about

Still thanks for the (You). I told you guys not to let me have them all.
>ctrl+f (You)
>18 results.

if you're that bored maybe you should actually play some games

Suppose you're right. I'll take a week off from posting.

>Not gonna link the rest

Man I remember watching this as it was coming out. The SNK cameos where a nice touch but goddamn nothing happened in this show

Best Girl

Welp. I didnt pull Rugal from the chests and I didnt land in the top 30

So no Rugal for me. Now I am diamond broke and a bit depressed with nothing but 2 awakening gems as compensation and a 4 star Andy, Kensou. Beni and Daimon.

Seriously, I pulled Andy like 3 fucking times.

Does anyone else really like 99

its soundtrack is pretty good

Botan never

i wonder how long that took the person to make
multiply that by at least 500 frames

Soundtrack and eventually, K' and Maxima.

I used to really dislike K' because Kyo and Iori weren't playable in 99.

they ended up being playable via code though so that was clearly pre-release frustration

i didn't really care and i was like "wow, they really got rid of them? that's ballsy, except for the remnants that are the clones lol" but then the code was revealed and i was like "oh, go figure, well at least their themes look cool and shin kyo looks cool"

I found that one out way later (and I eventually played PS1 '99, which took ages to load).

I too, was impressed with Shin Kyo's sexy jacket.

Kagerou no Mai is "Burning Mai"
Kachosen is "Folding fan"
Musasabi no Mai is "Flying squirrel"
I don't remember the rest

ps1 kofs just took forever in general
on the other hand, it appears kof97 for ps was actually more preserving of graphics in general than saturn port (which i owned) due to the fact that saturn port horizontally shrunk the sprites for some reason, i don't know if it required the extra ram to play it either since i can't recall the "best" collection coming with anything other than the kof95 rom cartridge

been a while since i touched my sega saturn though, like at least a decade ago

dreamcast "99" had some unfortunate load times i remember, and i'm like, come on, this is dreamcast, you're better than those two other consoles

i think the ps2 versions were smarter in how they integrated loading, though

twitter.com/sousuke000/status/701842225563500544

Would you let Shen URYAAAAAAA you?

Been a while since I booted up my dreamcast actually. I should try that again and try some Dream Match 99

>tfw this game has no hentai sprite art yet.

How many points are you on right now and how many is the top 30 so far?

>can't disconnect before a fight and face the AI version of the enemy in online battles anymore
>gotta face faggots and whales in PvP in a legit manner to earn daily medals now

I get the medals even when I lose but still
I'd rather not fuck with PvP at all least of all in a dumb gacha game

dorya

Do you understand the concept of love?
youtube.com/watch?v=vzNVjKPVU4M

Loving that 90's anime style.

gotta love bendy girls

kek

I too agree that Hyouka was boring AF.

That was my first KOF and I still like it a lot.