Best car ever for fast cruising journeys, the final debate

Lets play a game:

You are a reasonably wealthy individual who must with some urgency take 4 of your colleagues and their luggage (1 medium suitcase each) from London, through France via Paris and Belguim/Luxembourg to Berlin. You have 2 days to complete the trip, you can choose any car under 100,000 (new or used) and it must be older than 3 years. What do you pick/what is the optimal vehicle designed for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kldMOtE5PS8
youtube.com/watch?v=myeNKXWa6_4&t=44s
youtube.com/watch?v=qZGF-3LSjt8&t=595s
autoscout24.nl/aanbod/audi-rs6-avant-carbon-abt-700ps-alcantara-benzine-zilver-c82e7902-508e-4609-9c65-9620e9e495af?cldtidx=3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Some will reach for the german crap, but for me, there can only be one.

You may not like it, but this is what peak cruising performance looks like.

I don't know but having already sat in a safrane just like this one i can tell you it's comfy as fuck.

>not even an XM

>implying i give a shit about my colleagues
it's going to be a pleasant ride
for me that is

>Handbrake into eurotunnel carriage

resdaf

That's not a C6.

The XM is answered already so I would take one of these.

>Citroën wont make a DS 6

>Citroën ditched hydropneumatics
>Citroën made a new C6 but it's a generic China-only barge
THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS

2002 P71 is the clear winner here

My entry for the sub $5000 category
Saab 9-5 Aero

>the DS 7 is a mini-crossover competing with the Q3 and the GLA

>Sub $5k.
youtube.com/watch?v=kldMOtE5PS8

Had a 6 hour ride in one, didn't sleep that night, drove 6 hours back. Wasn't even tired when I arrived.

Absolute b e a u t y

theyre paying for gas and parking
and if they don't like it they can blow me
I will also be blaring polish and greek psychedelic rock and doom metal the entire time

youtube.com/watch?v=myeNKXWa6_4&t=44s

youtube.com/watch?v=qZGF-3LSjt8&t=595s

I can do it in 1 day, with less than 30K EUR.

autoscout24.nl/aanbod/audi-rs6-avant-carbon-abt-700ps-alcantara-benzine-zilver-c82e7902-508e-4609-9c65-9620e9e495af?cldtidx=3

>700hp
>Twinturbo Lamborghini V10
>5 seats
>Inconspicuous grey wagon
>Will do 250kph on the Autobahn all day
There is no better choice on the secondhand car market right now, if you want a fast cruiser.

>Get in it
>Break
>35k Eur for the repair

No, thanks.

I'd still have 35K of OP's budget left.

To keep it running for the next 3k km.

London->Paris->Brussels->Berlin is only 1750KM.

Spend 100k on a trip. Very effective and efficient.

Throw a mattress in the back, 2 up front, 2 sleep on the journey.

The Bedford Rascal, for all occasions.

The Latitude is underrated

Where does this meme of C6 RS6 unreliability come from? I think you're confusing it with the C5.
Sure, parts are expensive, but they're not breaking down every other month.

A used Audi RS6.

Its the autobahn battleship.

Every Audi is an pile of understeering unreliable garbage that costs way too much money and effort to repair. No exceptions.

It's not a Lambo V10. The 5.2 in the S6/S8 is the same engine as in Gallardo but 5.0 in RS6 is Audi engine.

The understeer meme isnt important for a highway cruiser.

They are only unrealiable in murrika were people work on them who have no fucking clue. In germany you have to train 3.5 years to become a simple low tier car mechanic.

The cost of ownership of a luxury vehicle isnt to high for non plebs

They're the same though, all belonging to the 07L family. RS6 is 07L.B, Gallardo is 07L.Y, S6/S8 are both 07L.
>90 degree V10
>84.5mm bore
>90mm bore spacing
>Exact same block materials and outside dimensions
>Different port designs (duh) but all DOHC 40v VVT
>All TFSI
>Both Gallardo 5.2 and RS6 5.0 are dry sump (unlike S6)

Apart from the understeer (irrelevant for a highway missile), you're just regurgitating memes. I bet you're from that one butthurt continent where you couldn't buy one new, nevermind getting one now for under 30K.

>being short enough to lie length-ways in a Rascal

You can literally take any route from London to Berlin. It doesnt even have to be road. You can even take 6 of your friends. Or you can take 4 people and a whole fucking fridge with you.

I actually did it once, we were 3 people and one whole sized fridge.

And the tractor-like 2.9 D-4D is actually quiet and somewhat economical ( gets like 12l/100km - thats like 19 mpg ) on the highway.

>facelift
good taste

Yes

faggot you are cheating

Is that a Lotus logo? Why?

Protip the top trim level C5 is even better than the XM and C6

I know the C5 eventually got the Hydractive 3+ system from the C6, but I heard somewhere the C6 was comfier.

>not knowing glorious carlton
fagggggggoooooooooot

Escalade.

kys

C5 had the hydractive suspension from the beginning, it's just that the base spec had conventional suspension, however the C5 is available with double windows making it extremely quiet to ride in.
Design wise the C6 is a successor to the CX and is a much fancier and weirder car, not that the C5 is ugly, just not as striking as the C6.

Got just what I need right here. Spend $800 on some additional soundproofing in the doors and an airbag kit, save the rest for hookers and blow, and enjoy the comfiest trip. 30MPG at 85 too.

Yeah the C5 got hydractive suspension on higher trims, but that was "merely" the hydractive 3 system. The C6 uses Hydractive 3+, which has one more sphere, and a whole array of computers and sensors to adjust everything on the fly.
Eventually Hydractive 3+ did make it into the C5, probably after the C6 production ended.

S65 AMG

How come?

Lincoln Town Car

>from London, through France via Paris and Belguim/Luxembourg to Berlin
You're gonna get culturally enriched.

>I will also be blaring polish and greek psychedelic rock and doom metal the entire time
nice

> culturally enriched.

Fuck that. I'm taking pic related

Subaru STI

>can’t even read the OP
>£1 M
>tyres
>litre
>the US president’s car
>>

This or the SC400

I'll just get Prajeet & Co. to knock one up for a few quid.

E Class

>Must be older than 3 years

Typical dumb Cadillac niggers

E39 M5 is the objectively right answer

this

406 with HDI

Who's car is that?

Correct answer.

Renault 25 Baccara

why?

This is actually the nicest car for long trips.

literally the greatest saloon ever made

>not the Espace's more eccentric cousin

>E39 M5

He said two days. You can't take extra two weeks for repairs.

Looks like there isn't enough room. And why would you want to be a limmo driver?

How are you supposed to reach the tray on the back of the front seats with them 6 feet from you?

Mondeo ST220 and Honda Legend

Well since the tray is useless, you never use it so it doesn't matter.

not bad M8

Comfortable, can go fast enough for the trip, classy and more importantly won't break the bank as they can run from 20-30K used generally, maybe a bit more for a really nice example.