So why do people really hate on Corvettes. I get the whole midlife crisis meme...

So why do people really hate on Corvettes. I get the whole midlife crisis meme, but they're really not that bad of a car for what you pay.

The problem is that they're only good for their money and cant compete with real premium cars.

Should I get a C6 Z51 or a C5 Z06? How bad are the interior rattles in them?

I can't even lie, my T top does squeak every now and than

>cant compete with real premium cars
Isn't that acceptable though because it's not a premium car?

I second this.
50k vs 200k+
Apples and oranges

It's just bitter people being jealous. Same reason people say bro truckers have tiny dicks or Porsche owners are gay

Inb4 alphonse

blacks wheels are disgusting.

Here on Veeky Forums people use memes as legitimate evidence when deciding if a car is good or bad. Best not to listen to them and like what you like.

You have a C3?

Plus the Corvette is really designed to carry golf clubs and drive boomer billy to work. It just happens to compete with cars that cost twice as much.

I have a C5Z, there's no removable top to rattle. I do have a little noise from a front shock bushing though. C5Z doesn't have much sound insulation so you're gonna hear everything. Haven't tried a C6Z to compare, but I really like mine and try to drive it daily.

I used to, sold it to buy this one.
It was 79

I think the older corvettes are pieces of shit but even the newish z06s are just really really refined. It’s a good value purchase with the perfect blend of power and electronics

C4's can be gotten for less then 5k and C5's are about to go down to below 10k.

They drive good and can do more then just drive fast. Maintenence is also pretty simple on them.

The styling is so stupidly American.

Most of the hate comes from yurocucks, who will never be able to own anything even half as fast and are upset that it beats most of their Arab-bait """"supercars""""

I love my 99 FRC.

Never getting rid.

I hate them because they're cheaply made, ugly, and sound awful.

The insulation kits really help. Cuts down on noise and helps with climate control.

>cheaply made
You're getting near-exotic performance for dirt cheap, the power/drivetrain is stupid reliable, and it's still better than most econoboxes
>ugly
"No"
>sounds awful
lmao, tell me more about how your 4cyl sounds better

Who cares it's a tasteless, cheap and ugly muh performance mobile. And yeah they sound like shit compared to nearly every other performance car made.

I bet you think Porsche flat 6's sound good.

Sound pretty good to me, gets better when modded. Every Corvette I've heard sounds bad stock and even worse with an exhaust.

C5 up anyway, LS and nu-LT are awful sounding engines.

You're not hurting our feelings breh. We still love our vettes.

>56%

>Sound pretty good to me, gets better when modded
Plane engines should stay in planes.

EU fag here, Corvettes are great, especially for what they cost in the US. We can only dream of such a high performance car for so little cash over here.

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings.

>So why do people really hate on Corvettes.

I'm telling you why I really hate on them.

V8s were invented in France for use in aviation in 1903. First flat 6 and flat 4 were both used in cars in 1900.

So yeah I guess keep your V8s in planes.

Stop making us look bad and stop starting this garbage.

No one actually hates Corvettes. This board is just drunk on memes.

I think it stems from the Corvette being, well, a Corvette in the 70s. It wasn't a muscle car but it had all of the 70s muscle car aspects to it. Shitty handling, rediculously (for the time) powerful big block motor. But it didn't appeal well to the american muscle car circlejerk.

I hate that the entire rear end is plastic, makes it seem extremely cheap.