I want a regular cab, 4 cyl, manual and rwd small truck. What are some good options?

I want a regular cab, 4 cyl, manual and rwd small truck. What are some good options?

Also how to convince my parents to let me sell my xterra and get a small truck?

I have always loved those older dual cab? extended bed frontiers.

>wanting a 2wd truck
What are you, retarded?

Don't. Some user bought a brand new base Tacoma and a month later was regretting it. Always get 4wd. A truck is for utility. 4x4 expands that utility vastly.

Ford Ranger

if you're not buying it yourself, forget about it.

Both of these. Ranger is such a nice vehicle.

if you want new then get a canyon work truck. Newer pickups are more pigfat than 80s-90s era though

Nissan d21. Tough as nails and 2wd goes for cheap.

Taking your suburban truck on a muddy trail once a year isn't vastly expanding its utility you fucking yuppie cuck

ACKSHUALLY 4x4 has merit just as a daily, even with snow tires and weight in the bed a rwd truck will struggle in the snow.

I'm in the same boat except I would prefer a crew cab and 4x4. Ive been looking at rangers but I'm scared that ill get one and it will break

Maintenance logs, maintenance logs, maintenance logs. Rangers are indestructible as long as they aren't seriously neglected.

Rangers '04 and up came with the Duratec DOHC 2.3l. You can still get a Hurst shifter for them, parts are pretty cheap and they are fun at higher rpms. Plus a little cash will get some cosworth cams under the hood.

Rangers are (relatively) easy to work on compared to a whole lot of other vehicles, and theres so many on the road and theyve been produced so long theres very thorough documentation of what stuff is likely to fail in what model.
I bought a '00 4wd XLT, almost immediately had a head gasket fail but the repair is cheap and easy to do yourself if youve ever turned a wrench before.
OP, I'd strongly recommend a 4wd if youre going to get a truck. It may not be necessary all the time but when you want it youll be glad you had it. Theres no reason to buy a truck unless you have a utility purpose in mind, and if you do, you want to be ready for fucked weather, bad terrain, etc.

Why do you want a truck? Xterras arent bad vehicles and unless you specifically need the bed for something IDK how your needs arent served just as well by an xterra as they would by a small pickup.

D21 desu

Toyota 4x4 is exactly that but with fwd. Why do you want 2wd?

I believe that was me.

Op, you have to get 4wd if you want a stick taco. Other than that, you can get an I4, 6spd auto 2wd extended cab. Most base model still has power windows, mirrors, TC, Ecomode, back up camera, and touch screen/bluetooth/voice command.

Ill admit, i did regret buying it; but its a good little truck if a 4cyl is all you want.
To me, it doesnt have enough power for anything i want (really need something that can haul a car), the 18-21mpg is meh, and the lack of bench seat is depressing.

But overall its a great truck, just not what i like.

Ackchyually it was 2003.

Your pic is exactly what you should get.

Fleet model > base model
Bench seat? Check
Manual trans? Check
Manual windows, locks and mirrors? Check, check, check
Bitchen whip antenna? Check
Standard cab? Check

Replace the wiper stalk with the intermittent one, and throw in a hidaway sub and you're golden.

Paid $1600 for my bad boy here.

1992 Ranger with the 4 cylinder and 5 speed, only 2wd.

Had 205k when I bought it 2 years ago, has 246k on it now.

I change my oil myself, figured out how to do it in about 10 minutes having never done it before.

I've changed my alternator, that took a good 3-4 hours in total, half of which was spent looking for the right tools but if you got a proper wrench set you'll be good.

I've even offroaded (mild offroading, dirt mountain paths that no normal car would ever stand a chance at) with fair success.

Extremely reliable.
Only thing major I've had to do is get the master cylinder replaced, but, at least based on the car history available, it never had been done before in it's life.

So it wasn't all that surprising.

If you get a ranger though, make sure its manual.

I've owned an auto previously and while it was okay it was less reliable.
But it was also 5 years older.

>convince my parents to let me sell my xterra

>4cyl
Why

Just get a base model Tacoma retard

The 4cyl is the base model retard.

Nice. I payed $850 for my '90 2.9l 2wd about 4 years ago. Only had to replace the water pump, fuel pump, master cylinder and a new freeze plug. Had about 129k (I think)on the clock and it's reaching 175k now. They're tough little trucks and able to haul most anything you need. They're fun off-road too but I try to baby mine now and not tear anything up.