youtube.com/watch?v=AvwDNGjEp7A

>Return to Arcadia Bay:
youtube.com/watch?v=GONk9c3MLjA

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017
Episode 2 − ''?'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''?'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13333675
strawpoll.me/13333690
strawpoll.me/13186941

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
strawpoll.me/13351209
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Would it be okay to have a trans character as a protagonist for season 2?

Happy 4th of July, fellow Americans! Let your cuteposts fly and light up the sky like fireworks.

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

>Beer?
Yuck!

C U T E
U
T
E

Can you actually post oc, I've seen this hundreds of times already

post dorks

OC is pretty hard if you've been here a while

As player: if you're more invested in Chloe and Max and Chloe's relationship than anything else and if you've come to care for Chloe deeply over the course of the game then you do that

or

As Max (as player roleplaying as Max): Max literally says at the end "you're all that matters to me" and she's talking about Chloe not Arcadia Bay. By that point Max has saved Chloe from death at least five times, has seen her get killed by Nathan and Jefferson, has potentially euthanized her herself and I and most people here agree that Max would have been in state of mind of "I must protect Chloe, I must save Chloe, I won't let anything happen to Chloe".

There's also the problem that, if you sacrifice Chloe Max has to live with that choice for the rest of her life and I don't think she'd be able to. I genuinely think she'd kill herself at some point in the future.

OTOH if you have town it's clear not everyone dies. Sure, a lot of people die, but not everyone and it's implied Joyce and David and the Blackwell students all survive.

Max is #1

Where is this implied?

>threadly reminder that lewd-posting is acceptable with a dose of cuteness

>fat and not cute Max

The Chloe cosplayer actually gets Chloe's general vibe and look so she's really good, though.

that will force me to post very lewd stuff which obviously can't be posted here.

By seeing where the tornado went and where it didn't vent.

You realize you'd be putting at least dozens of people through the pain you don't want Max to experience right? Also, its not implied that anyone survives, its just not implied directly that they die.

Yeah I'm definitely going to make that "Defending the Bae ending" video. Not really to convince others to choose Bae, not to debunk Bay, but to just defend and explain why we chose Bae.
I'm tired of constantly repeating myself and I only been here for a month. Some of you must be even more exhausted.
If such video already exists, please let me know.

>she's

It's not you playing as yourself though. You gain a better experience playing and thinking like Max, who would certainly choose Chloe

Oh shit it is actually Fourth of July. Happy 4th of July then Americans.

Now for the important question: how would Max and Chloe spend 4th of July? I like to imagine them making out in the dark lying on the grass in the backyard as fireworks go off above them and they go off on the ground. While, at the same time, clueless parents are looking for where they disappeared.

at that moment max has no proof at all that sacrificing chloe will stop the storm

theres also literally no reason she needs to make the choice then and there; why not wait even a few hours to assess the damage before deciding her bestfriend/girlfriend has to die? why not use all the photos she's collected throughout the game to go back and warn people? theres so many other options max could have taken before simply letting chloe die

since max still has time travel, really the only thing you are setting in stone in the ending is that max will never let chloe die, thats why she destroys the picture

>she screamed

even if you're a heathen and don't think Chloe's in love with her I just don't see Chloe screaming if someone groped her.

This more or less explains why I would sacrifice the town no matter how airtight the time-travel logic is

Can you post it on another board then? I'd like to see

I posted this two threads ago when someone asked (Sorry if you're the same person):

Family BBQ at the Price house.
David and Ryan cook some burgers and sausages on the grill, Vanessa does sides, Joyce does desserts. Max and Chloe help however they can. Chloe makes sure there's a good mix of drinks for everyone: beer for herself and the men, twisters for the moms, some nice wine for Max.
After the food, they all go up to the Lighthouse cliff and watch the fireworks going on down in the town. Max gets some really nice pictures throughout the day and night.

I still like the answer so that's what I'm going to believe they're doing for the holiday.

its not actually 4th of july anywhere in america yet, freedom will ring in about an hour on the east coast

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it

Problem with sacrifice Chloe ending is that Max is using her powers to alter space and time to fix the universe... that is raging because Max has been using her powers to alter space and time. There's no proof or reason to assume that if she lets Chloe get killed it won't all go to hell again anyway because Max keeps using her powers.

On the other hand the ending where you sacrifice Arcadia Bay is basically letting nature get back into balance by blowing itself out until it can't no more, it's the more natural action. After that the time and all the alternate realities will be in balance.

The photo also takes her to a timeline where she's already used time travel, even if we for some reason excuse the photojump.

I mean there are definitely clues pointing towards Chloe's continued existence effecting the worlds stability. Her incredibly bad luck, with bullets hitting of cars and bouncing back at her and her almost getting killed like three times a day. Even if you assume the storm itself is just a storm, all the other impossible events, like the two moons or all those whales washing up on the bay's beach, indicate that Max's use of her powers might be damaging the fabric of reality.

This sucks and I'm not surprised considering the shit they make now days.

Somebody had fun on Max's wiki page.

I still fail to see the logic in the idea that her powers are fucking up the fabric of reality so the solution is to use them again

Rachel's family secret is...

I like it, it's normal and mundane and yet happy. Which is kind of LiS when it's not being super depressing. Only... why would they be at the Arcadia Bay still? Is this prior to the ending of the game or is this in rebuilt Arcadia Bay after the storm?

Ironic, because this game pushes the boundaries of the medium

That she is straight

They're all gay. Even the parents. Even the grandparents.

I don't recall some of these such as King Max or Max Cockfield.

they're all pretty much in /u/

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Do you guys want rachel to have powers? I feel like without powers that somehow explain it, she's sort of just mary sue that everyone loves

strawpoll.me/13351209

But you'd be assuming things about your time travel then as well. You're assuming that the negative repercussions for Max's use of her power are linked to any use of her power, even what little she did before entering the bathroom instead of saving Chloe specifically, and you're also assuming that Chloe living beyond the destruction of arcadia bay won't just lead to more even greater destruction.
Because its not her using her powers that causes damage to reality, its her changing things with her power. If she goes back in time and stops herself from ever making all the huge changes she made with her powers then there shouldn't be a problem, yes?

>Do you guys want rachel to have powers?
They've confirmed she doesn't have powers already. No one will have powers in BtS but mystic shit will still occasionally happen.

Their argument is pretty irrefutable, too. If Rachel had had powers Chloe would have said something when Max told her she also has powers.

That said, in the preview gameplay when Chloe and Rachel are at the junkyard Rachel clearly can't stay and there's clearly something going on there. I don't think Rachel is enough of a bad person to hurt Chloe like that, especially right after Chloe had a very emotional outpouring of her feelings. Rachel still going away and saying "I can't stay" is very suspicious. Initially I thought it was connected to powers but then I read the dev quote that there won't be powers so now I don't know.

Not that I know of, but best of luck in you in your noble endeavor.
/lisg/ really is a wonderful place. At the time I played, I seriously thought everyone died in the storm and I was a wreck over that and just the fact the game was over. But this place helped me heal and discuss stuff to see how things realistically would be.
As fun as speculating between episodes was, this place has very much become a support group of sorts. As well as a place for Pricefield and friends as it always has been.
I love /lisg/.

Sorry Chloe, Arcadia Bay comes first. You're totally right. There's no way we can possibly be wrong about this. Even though we're safe at the lighthouse, I need to go back in time right now to let you die because suddenly I have decided to save everybody else and let you die. So I'm going to use my time powers, that is causing the storm, to go back in time again, to enter a point of time where I have already altered the past and already had the vision of the tornado already,to get rid of the storm. Even though 5 minutes ago, I said that I can't keep fixing everything when all I'm going to do is keep breaking it over and over again. Even though I already let the storm hit the town when I was in San Francisco and the primary reason why I'm even here is because of you, I care more about the people of Arcadia Bay now. Yes, I said it was destiny to save you but now I'm going to let you die and reset the entire week we had together in order to save the lives of people whom I didn't bother warning them about the storm.
Thank you Chloe, for teaching me life lessons that I didn't really need to know because I was doing just fine before I got the powers. I finally learned that I need to let you go even though we haven't talked to each other in 5 years before this week and I didn't even know it was you who I saved until later. Now time to save hicktown.

no, they just keep specifying CHLOE wont have powers, they could hint at rachel having them in ways Chloe wouldnt pick up on but that we would

in the original timeline, max jumps out and yells when chloe is shot, no telling what would have happened then, maybe nathan shot her too

by hiding and doing nothing max is still making a large change

Oh. I was thinking in real time so it's over three years of Max and Chloe being together and after the storm.
everyone has gotten counseling, Chloe and her family have grown closer together, Max's parents see Chloe like another daughter, and all the physical damage from the storm has been fixed.

Realistically everyone would have died in the storm man. Pic related is what destruction caused by a category five hurricane looks like. Arcadia Bay should have been fucking dust.

Arguing the minutiae of the time travel and storm is a bad mistake if you're defending Bae. It concedes from the beginning that there IS some combination of logic in which you SHOULD kill Chloe to save the town, moving the argument into their court.

Obviously all the plot-holes and lapses in the time-travel logic should be in this 'Bae Ending' video but I think the more fundamental argument is the endless promises throughout the game that Max will never leave Chloe and will stop at absolutely nothing to save her, and vice versa.

I have found something that it's worse than the plebbit sub or LiS threads on /v/.

Steam forums
Seriously

But obviously she doesn't because the storm doesn't come to destroy the bay. Not sure why the possibility of her actions after making the choice effecting things even though its immediately confirmed that they don't should change my opinion on the choice in the first place.

>Sorry Chloe, Arcadia Bay comes first.
>Arcadia Bay comes first.

Too bad Max doesn't think like you.

Rachel's still a mystery and I don't think they will confirm or deny that she has any power.
They could definitely hint to it by showing stuff like Rachel knowing answers to things, knowing something was about to happen, or just acting a little odd. Without Chloe having any information about a power then she would just think it's Rachel being Rachel.
Chloe only knows about the rewind because Max goes out of her way to tell her and prove it to her. If Rachel kept it a secret then Chloe wouldn't have any idea.

That's a good point as well, that Max doesn't know what would happen. It may have been possible that Chloe would survive being shot, it would have been possible that she was supposed to be shot as well, or it could have been possible that the storm would still come as it was.
The entirety of the Bay Ending is Max taking a gamble with everything. And when the wager is Chloe's life, that is simply too risky for Max to agree to.

What if Rachel sacrificed herself to save Chloe's life?

The butterfly still shows up in the bay ending though, implying the storm is just delayed

I'd pick bay even if there was 100% proof everyone but max and chloe died and god himself told max her powers caused it, i just enjoy arguing with bayfags

And that's not at all what Arcadia Bay looked like. Tornadoes are classified solely by the damage and the one in the game would be an EF 2 or 3 at the most. I don't care what was intended since they failed to properly show it, or show anything. They said to use imagination to decide and so I did.
Most people in the town survived, including Chloe's family.

>Chloe only knows about the rewind because Max goes out of her way to tell her and prove it to her. If Rachel kept it a secret then Chloe wouldn't have any idea.
To be fair that's a good point. I can kind of see Max's powers being unnerving to Chloe since she never knows if Max rewound time or is did something change or not. I think if it wasn't Max, someone she completely and utterly trusts, Chloe would be pretty freaked out by the prospect of powers like that.

>The butterfly still shows up in the bay ending though, implying the storm is just delayed
?????????

I'd still pick bae*, what an unfortunate typo

>It may have been possible that Chloe would survive being shot

this was literally the original bay ending, chloe was in a coma in a hospital; they scrapped that idea fairly late, but still used the hospital room model for visiting kate

Rachel was tortured and then killed by Jefferson. I don't know how that translates to sacrificing herself for Chloe. I guess if she has psychic powers she might have stepped in for Chloe at a crucial moment and saved Chloe that way but, at the same time, if you have psychic powers wouldn't you rather report the guy to the police or try and save yourself and Chloe?

The difference between 15 and 100 people being sacrificed doesn't make the choice any better.

Is that random website canon?

>tfw I got Jefferson for my spirit character

It was uploaded by the official LiS youtube channel and it supports my beliefs so I'm gonna say yes definitely

That's true.
The way I see it the argument for why I chose Bae comes down to it's what Max had been working towards and what Chloe deserved. The thought of Max being left alone with everything she knew, and of Chloe dying in that way, was simply unacceptable to me. That was a choice I made before the final episode was even out and I know others here did as well.
During the game itself I wasn't thinking of plotholes or other possible causes of the storm, I was thinking about Max and Chloe. For all I knew in that moment, everyone else really did die but I saw that as what the game had been building towards.

It's after playing and some time discussing here that all the other stuff like the plotholes, other possibilities, and how Max could go back to warn more people became apparent. Which logically would disprove the Bay Ending as being possible or useful to the extent of helping the characters avoid some kind of terrible fate.

For such a video, perhaps breaking it up into two parts would be best. The first, and move emphasized, part being about Max's love for Chloe and dedication to saving her from death or pain. A promise to stay with her and not abandon her again. Using only what Max feels and knows in that moment.
The second part being delving into the metagaming aspects like how the storm was always shown to be coming, Max cannot go back to a point before using her powers, and what could happen to the characters in that ending which may be even worse than what the storm would have done. Using info we as outsiders and observers can see and know.

In any, and all, cases: BAE > bay.

>it supports my beliefs
ya ok I'm willing to accept that

Where are people getting this 'tortured' thing with Rachel and Max? Being drugged and photographed is immoral, illegal, and disturbing, but it seems inaccurate to call it 'torture'. 'Jefferson tortured Rachel' makes it sound like he ripped her fingernails off and did some Rape of Nanking type shit to her.

Did all of the people who died in the town deserve to die?

>During the game itself I wasn't thinking of plotholes or other possible causes of the storm, I was thinking about Max and Chloe. For all I knew in that moment, everyone else really did die but I saw that as what the game had been building towards.
This is a perfect description of how it was for me too. At the final choice I genuinely believed 'Sacrifice the Bay' meant every single person dies and 'Sacrifice Chloe' was absolutely certain to stop it, but I didn't hesitate to sacrifice the Bay. I just thought... why the fuck would we spend 15 hours saving her but draw the line here?

Honestly if you see that giant fucking tornado slowly moving towards you and then ignore the evacuation warnings, yeah you probably deserved it

Because drawing the line at the murder of large groups of humans is a good place to draw the line at. Like the line should generally be a bit closer then that even.

I want to KISS Max Caulfield

We know, Chloe.

Guess Joyce deserved to die in the time line where we saw her die. What a stupid cunt, not trying to outrun a hurricane on foot.

The ending of the game is just the Trolley Problem made epic and grand. You arent a murderer no matter what choice you make.

Murder isn't factoring in here. Unless you're unironically going for the 'Max = murderer' meme from pic related

It's not about numbers. It's about loyalty and conviction.
Besides, what gives Max the right to choose who lives and who dies? That's playing God and apparently that's frowned upon.
She's always believed the storm was coming so even if she linked her power to it, she wouldn't see any reason to think she would stop it.
If she storms happens then that's just how things were, whoever lives and dies will do so because of their own choices and actions. Max going back is knowingly sending Chloe to her death.
And with the idea being hammered into her head that "Messing with time is bad" then why would she want to go back days in time and make a big change?

>drawing the line at causing the deaths of large groups of humans is a good place to draw the line at. Like the line should generally be a bit closer then that
Is that better?

oh yes. those are just pure shit

Calm down, Chloe.

No one deserved to die, except for possibly Jefferson. Though him rotting in prison is much better. But storms happen and people do sometimes die in them.
I believe that most people, including Joyce and David, would survive since we don't specifically see how the final timeline plays out.
I think you're wrong to try to pin the potential deaths of others on Max as if she's personally signing their death warrants. It's a storm, they happen naturally and one could have came at any time with equal results.

I'm not quite sure what's going on but they do look good in suits.
Also pupper Pompidou is super cute.

>The ending of the game is just the Trolley Problem made epic and grand.

I wouldn't even call this a ''trolley problem''
Every single person was able to evacuate the town, it's not like the roads disappeared. There were bunkers. There were safe zones like the lighthouse, the hospital.

It's a trolley problem where the only person tied to the tracks is Chloe and everyone else is just lying there like a retard perfectly able to stand up and go away from danger.

Going back in time and stopping herself from ever making changes to time stops all of the repercussions for her having made those changes.
Not even gonna talk about this loyalty and conviction shit. As if loyalty should override morality. If you're mom tells you to strangle a baby, you gotta do cause loyalty right?
Except she caused the fucking storm, even if she didn't know she was doing it that is what happened.

>As if [x] should override morality
We've found the problem. user is spooked.

Over here buddyHurricanes move faster then a running human, not to mention how dangerous it would be just trying to navigate the roads.

I will bring up those plot holes and inconsistency in the video I will make but I will stress that they are not the main reasons why we choose Bae. Those points just reinforce it.

I think such video should be a collab.

Lets put it like this: There is a storm coming that will hit your town, possibly killing hundreds of people, but someone has put the idea in your head that maybe, just maybe, killing [insert the person you love most in the world] will stop the storm. You have no solid proof of this, and in fact have seen several instances where this proves not to be true. Do you take the chance? Do you gamble your loved one's life? Are you a murderer or directly at fault in any of the deaths if you say no and keep them alive?

She sees her first vision of the storm before any use of her powers. That more than anything makes me think she DIDNT cause it

Well, that and the cut content where Nathan straight up screams "The storm is coming, you're all going to die!" proving he knew about it ahead of time

>Cut content
If Max saving Chloe didn't cause the storm then why does Max going back in time and allowing Chloe to die stop the storm from coming?

>Except she caused the fucking storm

There is still, to this day, not 100% proof that Max caused the tornado, especially when we look at the cut content implying the Precotts too received powers or had the gift of foresight and knew the tornado was coming

Any number of reasons. We have no proof at all that Chloe's DEATH stopped the storm. In fact, bringing up cut content again, we have proof to the opposite effect.

Literally any of the things that happened in the aftermath of Chloe getting shot could have been the things that the storm hinges on. Most likely Nathan and Jefferson getting exposed and arrested, considering the Prescott's connections to the storm, which are made evident even in the non cut content

the Bay ending doesn't even make sense and it's impossible to re-create the original timeline using the game's own rules and logic. Ignoring the questionable logic that using the very tool that is causing the the storm would make the storm disappear....
1. Max is entering a point of time where the timeline is already altered.
2. Max has no idea what Original Timeline Max does when Chloe gets shot making it impossible to re-create the OT.
3. OT Max would have the same vision she has in the beginning of the game
4. Max can save Chloe without using rewind. Break the alarm.
5. Chloe gets shot by Jefferson. Storm doesn't go away. Bathroom event never happens in William alive timeline. Storm doesn't go away. So Chloe can't be the key to the storm. Rewind/time hopping is.
6. Going with Bae ending, Max can still choose to go back in time at anytime and think of a better solution to deal with the storm. Her powers won't go away. She can use other photos to go back and warn people of the storm and save Chloe at the same time. They were "safe" at the lighthouse.
7. Max gains the power of seeing a girl get shot that she doesn't even recognize. If she ever experiences such a traumatic event, she would probably gain the power (again).

>CUT content
as in
>A storyline that was cut from the game
Why would nathen getting arrested stop the Prescott's magical storm summoning spell that there is no evidence of?

Again, throw out the 'might' and 'maybe' in the first place.
What kind of person would watch their own lover or child die to save a town? I would certainly be disturbed if a parent or SO told me "Hey, if I had to choose between you and the town we're in, I'd choose the town"
A lot of bay people seem convinced that bae is some cherrypicked or motte-and-bailey morality; it's just because of 'muh pricefield'; it comes from a state of akrasia; etc. Really, if you told me 'a random man in India has to choose between letting his wife die or town die', I would expect him to pick the wife every time.

I'm amazed at how many people are stuck in this middle-school utilitarianism. Have they simply never loved somebody?

Maybe papa prescott delayed it so he could focus on his fuckup son for a few days

Also, Nathan's father opened his eyes to some unpleasant destiny, was responsible for the arcadia bay bomb shelter boom, nathan listens to whale songs inexplicably, and the dark room is straight up called the stormbreaker bunker

Theres quite a bit of hinting the Prescotts are involved with the storm even ignoring cut content